• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Basically all vegetables should be roasted or grilled.
Well, greens like spinach or cabbage are better raw than cooked, but that is just me.
Raw spinach? I will eat the fuck out of it.
Cooked? Nah, too chewy and weird.

And not related to the Bon Appetite channel, but what I made tonight:
image0.jpg

All about the potatoes that roast under the chicken and soak up all the chicken juice like sponges.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
You can hear Amiel say "oh fucks sake" in that new video.

I watched another video with Molly and they censor "fuck" sometimes but she guts a fish a says "fucking narsty" so they aren't that vigilant I guess.

edit: I'm not sure why I care or why anyone else should care. I just find it enjoyable to hear them bust out a "fuck" every now and then.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, greens like spinach or cabbage are better raw than cooked, but that is just me.
Raw spinach? I will eat the fuck out of it.
Cooked? Nah, too chewy and weird.

And not related to the Bon Appetite channel, but what I made tonight:
image0.jpg

All about the potatoes that roast under the chicken and soak up all the chicken juice like sponges.

FUCK.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Stupid easy recipe. Just need to do it on a day off because the brine takes 4 hrs, but can shoot the recipe off if interested.
My wife had made this roasted chicken for years before I met her, and then several years down the line we decided to finally try brines and it was like unlocking a cheat code.
But then we saw a random episode of America's Test Kitchen and they roasted the potatoes under the bird and we both were sitting up at attention at the thought and never looked back. Not sure what else we can do to it now.
But really, those potatoes acting as sponges for all that delicious fat dripping out of the chicken as it cooks...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I watched another video with Molly and they censor "fuck" sometimes but she guts a fish a says "fucking narsty" so they aren't that vigilant I guess.

edit: I'm not sure why I care or why anyone else should care. I just find it enjoyable to hear them bust out a "fuck" every now and then.

The hilariously inconsistent bleeping is one of my favourite things about the channel.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Claire is a national treasure and Chris/Brad/Andy/etc. are cool but Amiel is really growing on me lately.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Amiel is so aggressively Griffin Mcelroy in looks, attitude, and voice, that I have to remind myself every now and then that they aren't the same person

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried about a half dozen recipes for Banana Bread and Carla's version is super easy and great-tasting every time I'm in the mood or have a weekly banana surplus. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted (or if it has I missed it while skimming for Claire & Brad memes). Anyways, here's the vid link and some pre-sliced, still-cooling pics from two separate occasions. Mine's a little darker, but it's always perfect and moist on the inside. And yes, I use walnuts. I've also made it with peanuts in a pinch... still delicious.

tqA9D2S.jpg
qoz04lR.jpg

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I've tried about a half dozen recipes for Banana Bread and Carla's version is super easy and great-tasting every time I'm in the mood or have a weekly banana surplus. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted (or if it has I missed it while skimming for Claire & Brad memes). Anyways, here's the vid link and some pre-sliced, still-cooling pics from two separate occasions. Mine's a little darker, but it's always perfect and moist on the inside. And yes, I use walnuts. I've also made it with peanuts in a pinch... still delicious.

tqA9D2S.jpg
qoz04lR.jpg

Shit, I have some frozen bananas in the freezer waiting for this very occasion.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Made BA's Best Bolognese. Subbed pancetta for smoked bacon and it SLAPPED. Was apprehensive about the lack of seasoning in the recipe, but that tiny amount of nutmeg and the stock are more than enough with a bit of kosher salt. Simmered for 3.5 hours because I doubled the recipe.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I'm with Claire in the intro. Pocky was not a thing when us Millenials were growing up. I've only started seeing it regularly the past 5 years or so and probably would never have tried it in that time if I didn't have kids.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Pocky seems like it wouldn't even be a challenge for Claire. It's just cookie or pretzel sticks dipped in various sauces.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm with Claire in the intro. Pocky was not a thing when us Millenials were growing up. I've only started seeing it regularly the past 5 years or so and probably would never have tried it in that time if I didn't have kids.

Yeah, I first heard about it in southern Alabama when I was maybe 16 or 17 and in after school drama club meetings. We had the small group of anime guys who'd eat it and drink some drinks with seeds or gels or something lol in them and that was the first time I'd ever encountered it.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
With the amount of editing in their videos I'm sure they have a significant lead time. This was definitely recorded before that tease went out.

Claire showed her phone in part 3 of the Sourdoughnuts episode, which was shot around the same time as the Starburst episode, and it was June 4 and the Starburst ep didn't go up until June 20. So yeah, Hot Pockets are probably a week or two away.

Oct 25, 2017
I first saw Pocky in college (2003). One of my friends was one of those mallninjashit dudes and introduced me to Pocky.

Not gonna lie - always thought it was overrated.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
God, this video is bringing back all these memories of food they'd bring in high school. Like the chocolate filled pandas (?), some kind of freeze dried seafood I think?, and like little Pokémon candies with toys inside.

I have no idea where they were buying this stuff in super small town 2002-2003 Alabama but they always had it.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm trying to think of other things I'd want Claire to make at this point and, honestly, all I can come up with is fast food stuff but I don't really eat that very often.

Unless she wants to do Taco Bell's cheesy gordita crunch because I'm always down for five of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.