• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I like watching Gourmet Makes.

Coincidentally, I haven't watched Gourmet Makes in several months, but last night the Pop-Tarts got in my recommended and I started watching GM all over again. I have been watching 4 Levels and Chef Guesses from Epicurious, though.

It's really dumb, but part of why I started watching GM back then is because I worked at an office right across from their building (the World Trade Center), and I learned this because I noticed they had the exact same view as I did, lol. And my casual interest in knowing what was going on next door caused me to watch and become interested. But I'm glad I started watching. It's fun content.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The epicurious videos are much more scripted and fake, like I don't think anything about the first two levels of chef in those videos feels genuine. Makes them not that interesting to watch

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Brad seems the type of annoying bro personality that would be really annoying to work with but he would fucking cut anyone that spoke ill of his coworkers and someone you want in your corner

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out Chris...has a wife.

Chile
5qghkYY.gif

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
😄 You can be "fem" and straight. Honestly, there's probably a hell of a lot more "fem" straight and bi guys than there are gay guys.

(Was I disappointed when I found out Chris has a wife and kids? Yes, absolutely. Not all dreams have happy endings.)

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Where the rate of posts will stay the same, since everyone here will add the thread to their "watched threads" list, right? Right?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The donuts videos with Claire and Brad were so good. I was laughing really hard at some parts. They really work the best together haha.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Aw shit, thread watched. Best workplace comedy since The Office. I make Brad's fermented garlic honey all the time, and I've been meaning to make some of Andy's vegan broth:

Shout out to their very chill podcast as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I hardly ever watch their actual recipe videos. Maybe never? I'm just in it for the gimmicks if I'm being honest.

Actually I did once - I saw Molly make Caesar Salad, and saw her adorably misspelled tennies.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Like I said in another post I finished Gourmet Makes and started It's Alive because I enjoyed Brad so much whenever he showed up. I can't believe how in love with this channel I've become over the last few days, totally unexpected to get this much enjoyment out of a cooking channel. Brad is absolutely fantastic and his reaction to seeing Toby Goofy for the first time is just adorable.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Following! Been trying to improve my cooking skills recently. Next up is calzone!

Edit: oh this is a show, lol

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Came across this video. Guy made Claire's pop tarts. it took him 9 hours but he killed it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The best part of the whole thing was that the gourmet pop tart was just a toaster strudel. Major shade thrown on pop tarts.

I'll still fuck up a box of brown sugar pop tarts if you give them to me.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
I love the channel. I just wish they'd give measurement in grams, or at least ounces. Having to convert those dumb cups into an actual unit is a pain every time.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nine hours. Yikes.
This is why at the end of every gourmet makes video, I say aloud, "or you could just go to the store and buy some ________"
Or be as insane as us and try to actually do it xD. For real now, & hours would be my limit. If I coils divide those 9 hours into several days I might try to attempt it though.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Or be as insane as us and try to actually do it xD. For real now, & hours would be my limit. If I coils divide those 9 hours into several days I might try to attempt it though.
The only one I've ever been tempted to try is the Gourmet Oreos, because they didn't look that hard and I freaking love Oreos.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I finally watched Claire's Starburst video. The fact it broke her so bad she admitted she'd rather do tempered chocolate...

Though I have to admit, when she brought in everyone to help and chaos ensued, that was great

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched Claire's Starburst video. The fact it broke her so bad she admitted she'd rather do tempered chocolate...

Though I have to admit, when she brought in everyone to help and chaos ensued, that was great

I love that during the Sourdough Donuts episode (which was filmed at the same time,) Brad asks her how the Starbursts are coming. She glares up at him, and the words "dont ask about Starbursts" pops up on the screen. Kills me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.