• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I hope we get another Chris blindfold episode soon. The beef wellington one got me to start watching BA stuff.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
We are getting a thanksgiving series soon, preview was on Molly's insta.

Hopefully it's Making Perfect. That would be amazing

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has spent months putting Conde Nast magazines on shelves, the amount of rolling-with-the-punches instead of being stuffy is fucking eye-opening. The magazines are so bunk and the videos are so good.
Yep, our videos teams are mostly separate from the print editorial side.

There's also an OTT BA app and y'all need to check out Making Perfect. It's like the Avengers of BA videos

We are getting a thanksgiving series soon, preview was on Molly's insta.

Hopefully it's Making Perfect. That would be amazing

it is :) thanksgiving making perfect season.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
ya'll ranking Andy so low is horrendous. you will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

also ranking is lame, be better than other fandoms.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
For those that haven't seen it, here's a food Q&A that Claire and Brad did for WIRED earlier this year

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Whats yalls favorite episodes?

For me my top 3 would probably be

Molly and Carla go to Italy/ make fresh mozzarella. This was the perfect amount of entertainment, learning, frustration, accomplishment. You felt just as relieved as they did when they cracked the code. And the scenes in Italy were cute and informative.

Brad and Claire make donuts ep1. This is the episode that highlights their friendship and chemistry and it's a blast to watch. Love that Claire shows up 45 mins late w a Starbucks, my spirit animal. This episode is much less about what they are making and more about the pure entertainment of their interactions and Brads stories.

Claire gourmet makes instant ramen. This wasn't even her most frustrating experience, but I loved it seeing her totally nail it by making a stock herself, reducing and dehydrating it, then even making a device to get those curly noodles just right; and the ramen looked so good. This was kinda the perfect balance for me in terms of Gourmet Makes and is something I want to try making.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
it is :) thanksgiving making perfect season

Nice! Should be neat to see. I'm currently working through the pizza series. I watched the cheese episide this morning - as an aside, I want my job to send me to Italy to make cheese and eat pizza - It was really good and informative.

The running tally of pizzas turned into calzones because they mess it up gives me life

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
So is Carla the kitchen mom or the cool kitchen aunt? I think cool kitchen aunt but has to come around sometimes to school people.

Gabi is technically the kitchen mom, since she runs/manages the whole thing.

If he did something besides lurking in the background of every video not so subtely trying to get his airtime, then maybe he'd be higher!

That's where his kitchen is! That's why you also always frequently see Andy in videos, too, as they're table mates.

Last edited:

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gabi is technically the kitchen mom, since she runs/manages the whole thing.

That's where his kitchen is! That's why you also always frequently see Andy in videos, too, as they're table mates.
I think you're thinking of Andy who is always preening for the camera in the background. Chris is usually just working and also actually makes good solo content.
yikes... maybe you need to be paying more attention

AI982X1.png

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, our videos teams are mostly separate from the print editorial side.

There's also an OTT BA app and y'all need to check out Making Perfect. It's like the Avengers of BA videos

it is :) thanksgiving making perfect season.

I'm gonna be super honest: Making Perfect legitimately pissed me off because of how quickly they dismissed everything that wasn't NY style pizza or Neapolitan in the intro solely because "this isn't what people think of when they think of pizza". Just because you're headquartered in NY doesn't mean that's what everyone in the rest of the country thinks of when they think of pizza.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be super honest: Making Perfect legitimately pissed me off because of how quickly they dismissed everything that wasn't NY style pizza or Neapolitan in the intro solely because "this isn't what people think of when they think of pizza". Just because you're headquartered in NY doesn't mean that's what everyone in the rest of the country thinks of when they think of pizza.

Eh, ok. But no one that lives in NYC is 'from' NYC. They all have different backgrounds and grew up all differently, but they still all decided that NY style pizza is general consensus. I think if you looked online at other general consensus' of favorite or best-known types of pizza, classic NY pizza would be at the top of many lists.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You really think people want to see them making Chicago style casserole?

Oct 25, 2017
We have a thread for this now? Sweet.

Claire is the GOAT. Brad is a close runner up, and Chris gets the bronze. The others I think just need better shows; I liked Molly and Andy in Making Perfect but their other shows haven't really grabbed me.

I'm excluding Gaby of course. She's too perfect to rank.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I finished Gourmet Makes and I'm wondering what I should move on to next. I really enjoyed Claire and her interactions with Brad and Chris and Molly.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, ok. But no one that lives in NYC is 'from' NYC. They all have different backgrounds and grew up all differently, but they still all decided that NY style pizza is general consensus. I think if you looked online at other general consensus' of favorite or best-known types of pizza, classic NY pizza would be at the top of many lists.

I just felt like that intro episode either should have done a better job of explaining why they went with NY style than just "this is what people think of when they think of pizza" or not tried to explain why they decided it at all. Especially since I'd argue the other style they chose to attempt doesn't actually fit that sentiment anywhere near as well, IMO. If you're actually trying to make "the perfect pizza", explain why NY style is that, because "everyone knows it" isn't a good answer to that question. The actual content of the ingredient videos was good, and even gave me some ideas for trying to make homemade pizza, but the intro rubbed me the wrong way.

You really think people want to see them making Chicago style casserole?

No. I don't even eat that stuff unless I don't plan on doing anything else that day. But there's more than Chicago and NY styles out there (Detroit? New Haven? California?) and it would have been nice to see them explore that a little bit more instead of just defaulting to NY after barely discussing it. Also, we do sell a thin crust here that isn't NY inspired.

Last edited:

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see the lovely Half-Sour knock one out of the park with the pop tarts.

Hope for some tempered chocolate in the next one.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Andy is high on my list because I'm crushing on him.
🤷

I finished Gourmet Makes and I'm wondering what I should move on to next. I really enjoyed Claire and her interactions with Brad and Chris and Molly.
Brad's It's Alive series is really good. So are Chris' blindfold episodes where he tries to make a dish based on taste alone.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't even decide on new york style. They did a middle ground between neapolitan and new york. It's what they felt was the most representative of concept, what they wanted to make, and what most people wanted to see. If they ended up declaring the perfect pizza as a white sauce and clam grandma pie, everyone would mostly be confused and pissed off about "why didn't they just...!?" And they saved all of their wildcard points for their mortadella fixation.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't even decide on new york style. They did a middle ground between neapolitan and new york. It's what they felt was the most representative of concept, what they wanted to make, and what most people wanted to see. If they ended up declaring the perfect pizza as a white sauce and clam grandma pie, everyone would mostly be confused and pissed off about "why didn't they just...!?" And they saved all of their wildcard points for their mortadella fixation.

If they'd have chosen that, they would have been forced to explain why they chose that, and they would have done a much better job of it than they did explaining why they went with what they did. Again, I'm not saying they were wrong for choosing the pizza they did, I just think they didn't do a good job of explaining why, which was supposedly the whole point of the intro video (that and divvying up the responsibilities).

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought some Toaster Strudels yesterday because I never had them before, like Claire! Eating a blueberry one now and it is infinitely better than a pop tart! Too much of a coward to make my own gourmet ones though :P

Status
Not open for further replies.