• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
and I want to hear these questions.
So that field that Russel Crow is standing in in Gladiator is called a wheat field, but wheat is also in bread? Am I eating grass when I eat bread?

Yes, they take that grass and grind it down very fine, and that's flour. Then that gets used on all kinds of things like bread, cake, pasta

So is wheat like one of those vegetarian or vegan foods?

Well, sure... but most of those things I said use butter or eggs. I guess there is seitan that's made from just wheat and water

Oh, like Mr. Satan! You've watched Dragon Ball Z, right Carla?

... how's that chicken leg coming along? Have you got the drumstick and the thigh taken off yet?

Whoah, there's bones in here!?

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
God listening to Dan and Paul trying to reverse engineer bread through sheer force of will is one of the best all-time GB moments.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Has anyone ever attempted their own Gourmet Makes recipe for something they love, or have followed Claire's recipe? How did it turn out?
i've made peanut butter cups with homemade peanut butter filling, it's pretty easy and also very good, but like...i dont really stand and admire the food i make or anything, i just like to eat it

so unless it was for someone else i wouldnt bother because its a bit fiddly and i would rather do something else

also NOT TO BRAG but every time i have tempered chocolate it came out perfectly nbd

all two times

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Those oreos Claire did didn't seem too bad if you're not concerned with making them look just like oreos, and seemed tasty.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really wanna make Chris's spicy chicken katsu soon. Those sammies look so good.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
This channel is great, but the fans seem.. a little over-invested lol. Like the comments on Claire's Gourmet series. She's doing a fun cooking series and the fans look genuinely worried because... she's given a challenging cooking challenge? As if her human rights are violated. I can think of worse jobs.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

BpQhDCS.png

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, they should give her more pastries to make. The Pop Rocks was taking the premise a little too far.

Pop Rocks was a pretty commonly suggested one, even before Chris suggested it. It's pretty clear that that particular series is strictly for the fans, though there is some educational merit and cool.techniques and science that can be pulled out of each on of them.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So that field that Russel Crow is standing in in Gladiator is called a wheat field, but wheat is also in bread? Am I eating grass when I eat bread?

Yes, they take that grass and grind it down very fine, and that's flour. Then that gets used on all kinds of things like bread, cake, pasta

So is wheat like one of those vegetarian or vegan foods?

Well, sure... but most of those things I said use butter or eggs. I guess there is seitan that's made from just wheat and water

Oh, like Mr. Satan! You've watched Dragon Ball Z, right Carla?

... how's that chicken leg coming along? Have you got the drumstick and the thigh taken off yet?

Whoah, there's bones in here!?
Only missing the part where he asks how you turn the sprinkly bread into yeast

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone ever attempted their own Gourmet Makes recipe for something they love, or have followed Claire's recipe? How did it turn out?
Yeah, not a ba recipe though.
Ive made gourmet homemade Butterfingers. The gourmet part I guess would be chunky peanut butter I like and higher quality dark chocolate.
Easy to make in advanced and crowd pleaser.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
This channel is great, but the fans seem.. a little over-invested lol. Like the comments on Claire's Gourmet series. She's doing a fun cooking series and the fans look genuinely worried because... she's given a challenging cooking challenge? As if her human rights are violated. I can think of worse jobs.
that's any fandom nowadays. im sure while sourdough donuts, pop rocks and starbursts were very difficult, im sure claire was fine. the internet loves drama and swimming in it completely.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah, not a ba recipe though.
Ive made gourmet homemade Butterfingers. The gourmet part I guess would be chunky peanut butter I like and higher quality dark chocolate.
Easy to make in advanced and crowd pleaser.
Oh, that reminds me. I did do Wylie Dufresne's recipe for Popeye's biscuits for Thanksgiving one year. They came out pretty good.

Could probably pull them off better now after watching Claire do her thing all this time.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I did this recipe a couple weeks ago. need to work on my biscuit making, but otherwise it was a success

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy for Claire enjoying making pop tarts after struggling and generally disliking a lot of the past Gourmet Make snacks

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You folks here made a fan out of me when you posted the Pop-Tarts video. Immediately went back and watched the Peeps and Pop Rocks video.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

I've made this recipe, it's pretty good, the video is good as well.

Toby Goofy is a cutie for sure.

I'm making this tonight.

It better be good or Chris can catch this fade too.

Edit: Recipe came out amazing, but I really feel like it needs way thicker noodles. Like soba or something. Otherwise delicious and flavorful af.

Last edited:

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I want Carla and Miz Cracker to have their own series together. I've watched their Back to Back Chef, Friendly Sandwich, and Latke videos multiple times each, they're fantastic together
Carla and drag queens is always a winning combo.

And my girl Gaby with a new video this week.

Her and Rick are awesome. And glad we are getting stuff with Christina now.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see Rick, I think 'I'd wear that shirt, but with the sleeves down and buttoned up.'

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like the Pop Rocks video at all because, well, when someone starts the video basically saying "I don't want to do this" and ends it with how disappointed they were in the whole endeavor, that doesn't make for a very fun video to watch.

The best Claire content in terms of just pure cooking stuff is her Cake/Baking School videos, just a lot of info there with explanations for everything.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
It's so cool to see a thread and so many fans of the content. There's a surprisingly ton of passionate people that work on these videos (and the rest of the Condé Nast brands) and love seeing such an awesome response.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
It's so cool to see a thread and so many fans of the content. There's a surprisingly ton of passionate people that work on these videos (and the rest of the Condé Nast brands) and love seeing such an awesome response.
As someone who has spent months putting Conde Nast magazines on shelves, the amount of rolling-with-the-punches instead of being stuffy is fucking eye-opening. The magazines are so bunk and the videos are so good.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
S: Claire, Molly, Carla
A: Brad, Christina
B: Chris (I guess...), Gaby
C: The camera crew
D: Andy

Facts are facts!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I have this whole joke headcanon about the BA Test Kitchen. Let me see if I can remember it all:
Brad and Claire are secretly in love but won't admit it to each other. (Yes, I know Brad is married and has kids shhhh.)
Chris is in love with Claire but is locked in the friendzone.
Everyone hates Andy. Everyone. Yes, even you.
Carla is basically there to find excuses to eat good food and drink. We joke that the Perfect Pizza series was basically just a giant excuse for her to expense a trip to Italy to go drink wine.
I think that's all of it so far.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Rick freaks me out a little. I think it's the mix of meticulously unkept beard, thin, hairless forearms and long, ladylike but still somewhat manly fingers coupled to those nails that just happen to be just slightly large.

I'm not sure if he's CGI or a Tzimisce.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Rick freaks me out a little. I think it's the mix of meticulously unkept beard, thin, hairless forearms and long, ladylike but still somewhat manly fingers coupled to those nails that just happen to be just slightly large.

I'm not sure if he's CGI or a Tzimisce.
My wife and I love the nails, because it makes it really easy to follow what he is doing in the kitchen. I also appreciate how honest he is like when making the chocolate cake.
"Now set this aside to cool because I am going to lick the pan clean in a few minutes."

Status
Not open for further replies.