• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
JET SET RADIOOOOOOOO!
Loving that fans are doing what devs wont to keep gameplay styles we love alive. This looks great.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

EdinegIXkAEB4Zb

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need 2mello on the OST as well.

Really excited for this. Lethal League had the DNA of JSR and I can't imagine a better team to undertake a proper spiritual successor. They absolutely nailed the animation and art style.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe for a different team, but I kind of feel like the Venn Diagram of "People who would buy a new Jet Set Radio" and "People aware of Team Reptile" is pretty much a single circle
I get your point but I still think an official Jet Set Radio game would have more "reach", just for Sega's money on marketing alone! (not saying that Sega would spend that much marketing a JSR game but you know what I mean)

Word of mouth could do wonders though

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
is the steam version of Jet set radio good? I've never been interested in the franchise but after seeing this trailer I look up the OST of the original in spotify and I'm really liking it so I'm wondering if I should buy that version.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
is the steam version of Jet set radio good? I've never been interested in the franchise but after seeing this trailer I look up the OST of the original in spotify and I'm really liking it so I'm wondering if I should buy that version.

Hell yeah it's good, if you can be bothered to wait for a sale it regularly drops to £3/$4ish

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Indies doing what the big boys don't. Started with Nintendo, now Sega.

That being said.

YEAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOI

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Excited. I love, love Jet Set Radio Future. Love free-roam.

Hopefully there's also a Professor K analog.

Looks like three of the characters here had early concept designs done, by Dion Koster.

They look good by the first two images look like someone messed with the width slider of a JPEG in opposite ways.

Also does that Vinyl gauntlet point to weapons?

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
They absolutely nailed the artstyle. I'll admit I'm a little saddened that it's not outright JSR3, but I am still stupidly hyped for this!!

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is. The rerelease also adds dual analog for the camera movement so it feels much better than the original in terms of control. Just don't try to play it on kb+m.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Wow, looks dope as hell. I played JSRF on the OG Xbox when I was pretty young, and just remember being blown away by the visuals and soundtrack.

Enough with apocalypse brown and cyberpunk grey, I want more of this vivid, technicolor, funky future aesthetic!

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Hell yeah it's good, if you can be bothered to wait for a sale it regularly drops to £3/$4ish
I don't mind paying $8 for it but let's see if it's on sale by the time I finish Watch dogs 2.
Yes it is. The rerelease also adds dual analog for the camera movement so it feels much better than the original in terms of control. Just don't try to play it on kb+m.
That's good to know and I never play with kb+m. I play on a laptop and always carry my DS4 with me.

is the traversal similar to sunset overdrive? I just watched a few minutes of gameplay and it reminded me of that game with all the sliding.

Oct 25, 2017
It's way jankier lol (remember it's a 2000 Dreamcast game with only one analog and essentially two buttons)
but as you learn the levels and get used to it you can infinitely loop grinds in most stages

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just watching a JSR speedrun the other day and thinking about how much of a tragedy it is we haven't gotten a new game in the franchise.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Oh man this looks amazing. And I didn't know about Lethal League, I'm going to check out the demo on Switch

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Love it, that teaser delivers the beat like a bomb. I'm so in for a straight up Jet Set Radio homage. Copy it as much as you want Cyberfunk, so long as you do it close to as good as that teaser.