• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neolith

Oct 25, 2017
But is very hard that the first comes as a positive and the second negative.. usually is the other way around... I think?

The first test is simpler and faster, so it can let pass an infection undetected. So it is know to be a preliminary test.

The second test is when they analyse the sample thoroughly.

So if in a preliminary test they already detected the virus, it's unusual for the second one not to.

At least this is how I thought it worked.

no, usually the other way around for diagnostic tests. Prelim tests should have high sensitivity meaning we accept a higher false positive rate to ensure we're not missing the disease(i.e. rule it out) .The confirmatory test has high specificity for a particular disease of interest, looking for a higher true negative rate to essentially rule in the disease.

Last edited:

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what if the first test is actually days old, he got infected a while ago and had mild symptoms and the new test is legitimately clean?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I am betting that his lawyer passed to him here in brazil.

Dude has clearly have taken LOTS of lessons from her on what he CAN say since his hate have become much less sue friendly since he got elected

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
My post was a joke you dumb fuck. I can't believe the quality of people around the world have elected to govern them.
Umm...wasn't calling Kifimbo or any other member anything. I called Bolsonaro a dumb fuck. If I deserve a warning for that I will gladly accept it. I would like to apologize to everyone and mods that my post wasn't clear about this fact. I will try to be more careful and unambiguous about my posts in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
Umm...wasn't calling Kifimbo or any other member anything. I called Bolsonaro a dumb fuck. If I deserve a warning for that I will gladly accept it. I would like to apologize to everyone and mods that my post wasn't clear about this fact. I will try to be more careful and unambiguous about my posts in the future.
lol, i had to double-take on your first post. Yea, you were speaking to Bolsonaro, as if he took your joke to heart. But I can see how a mod would see that and misinterpret it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

I had to double take but I understood what you mean =(

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I... still don't get how that could be? "My post was a joke" then you immediately go into "you dumb fuck"? How can that be construed as being towards Bolsonaro?

Anyway, business as usual in Brazilian politics and daily goings-ons...I still can't believe my country elected this dude =(

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I got what you meant, but now I can see how it could be taken the other way.

May 26, 2018

this was exactly how I saw it as... towards bolsonaro

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have Curb Your Enthusiasm theme playing in my head. Really feel like Larry David right now. I apologize once again guys and gals.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
So how does a person calling it a hoax get to admit it's real and get tested for it?

Is he being clowned in Brazil or does he have a cult like Trump that dont care?

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
So how does a person calling it a hoax get to admit it's real and get tested for it?

Is he being clowned in Brazil or does he have a cult like Trump that dont care?

there is a cult , maybe worse than the Trump one, a lot of people here can see how ridiculous this is, as for his base they don't care.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I... still don't get how that could be? "My post was a joke" then you immediately go into "you dumb fuck"? How can that be construed as being towards Bolsonaro?

Anyway, business as usual in Brazilian politics and daily goings-ons...I still can't believe my country elected this dude =(
The entire line is aimed at Bolsonaro. Kifimbo posted news that Bolsonaro is getting a third test. And jayu26 went 'My post was a joke you dumb fuck' to Bolsonaro. Why would they call Kifimbo a dumb fuck? Makes no sense.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
third test:

you are coronavirus.... aladeen

giphy.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So there is a "protest" in favor of bolsonaro (actually it is about closing the senate and people supporting a military dictatorship...) which Bolsonaro absolutely didn't called (he totally did) and he asked for his fans to postpone (they totally didn't) and ...

Well, lots of interesting stuff happened, like sound cars saying coronavirus is a hoax from china but the most on topic thing is that Bolsonaro did a live during the protests and ...

8qmaCnS.jpg

Here is bolsonaro supporting the crowd and going to touch lots of people .... while waiting for the results of the 3rd test

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
So there is a "protest" in favor of bolsonaro (actually it is about closing the senate and people supporting a military dictatorship...) which Bolsonaro absolutely didn't called (he totally did) and he asked for his fans to postpone (they totally didn't) and ...

Well, lots of interesting stuff happened, like sound cars saying coronavirus is a hoax from china but the most on topic thing is that Bolsonaro did a live during the protests and ...

8qmaCnS.jpg

Here is bolsonaro supporting the crowd and going to touch lots of people .... while waiting for the results of the 3rd test

Just like Trump the other day shaking random people's hands. Incredibly stupid human beings.