• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
this dude out here sporting x-wing eyebrows.

probably reached that stage of training where he's more dangerous without a katana than with one. It has become in effect a kind of self restraint mechanism.

5aeYze5.gif

Sensei Race
I know we are making fun of people in this thread, but he did do that very well.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
How do I hop off the anime ship

EDIT: seriously I can't fucking breathe right now

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I know you're joking, and we joke as well, but that actually hurted more than people imagine. For the longest time, the only pride this country could have came from soccer(or futebol). It was the thing dictadorship used to convince us that we could be a great country, if we just follow their rules without question it. We winning the cups and being know all over the world for that was the first time the normal population had something to be proud of in their minds. And that feeling died a little on that humiliation.Now, for a lot of people, "we don't even have that".
Wait didn't y'all get revenge at the Olympics? Is that a big deal in Brazil?
From what I experienced as a Brazilian without Japanese ancestry, it's a weird mix of the ''model minority'' stereotype and racism. The people of Japanese ancestry I've met were treated like not really belonging here, lots of racists jokes and ''where are you really from'', but at the same time they were treated as superior to Brazilians since they were supposed to be ''smart, educated and hardworking'', and especially superior to Brazilians with Black and Indigenous ancestry, always labeled as lazy and ''prone to be criminals by nature''.

If successful enough, Brazilians with Japanese ancestry end up with a ''honorary white'' status, since ''whiteness'' is very associated with class in Brazil, but even that won't protect them from racism. But since they are clumped with white middle/upper-class Brazilians and very pressured to be successful and hardworking, it's not uncommon to find people with Japanese ancestry that support Bolsonaro and other right-wing or neoliberal politicians and parties, and these politicians are very keen on using them as a comparative standard to mixed/Black/Indigenous Brazilians. ''Why you can't be like the Japanese Brazilians, this country doesn't work because of you'' kind of thing, obviously full of racism too.
Didn't Brazil have like, a caste system?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bolsonaro loves to bow down to the US so no wonder he would bow down to Japan too.
He is a shame for this country and anyone that is truly nationalistic and not just a fascist nutjob would hate what he is doing with our economy, history and culture. He is the type of the guy that is actively doing propaganda against a brazilian move in the oscars just because it goes against his agenda. He is the type of guy that is destroying our natural beauty to enrich himself. He is the type of guy that is murdering our native population so his friends can have more space to plant soy.
The only inferior people is him and his family and supporters.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only take away I have from this is "of course he is the type of asshole to have a gun decal over his television".

If trump sees that picture he will want one too, but in gold, I can see it now.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
?!

Where did you even hear that?

I don't know man. I'd heard it was back in like the 1700s or 1800s or some shit. There was some old-timey diagram I saw once from that time that split things up between like, "Mestizos" and Europeans and Africans or something.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I got that mixed up with something called "Casta" which apparently existed in the Spanish colonies -- basically everywhere in South America EXCEPT Brazil.