• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you feel about bologna sandwiches?

• Tastes like childhood.

Votes: 193 57.8%
  • Tastes like sadness.

Votes: 141 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
A fried bologna sandwich with mustard is god tier food.

Also veal bologna is literally what heaven tastes like.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
taste like childhood; my mom made bologna & cheese sandwiches for me all the time for a bagged lunch. I still buy some every now and then when i go to the store.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Not all bologna is Oscar Meyer lol.
There are nicer versions.

Someone suggested eating salami instead but they're nothing alike.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Fried Bologna is very good. Regular Bologna is fine. It all tastes like childhood.

Now, Fried Braunschweiger, that's where it's at.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
853f71e2aadd033b8b36ac7f227b456c.jpg

2ra8N.png

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I'm legit happy that some of y'all didn't have to eat it. I did growing up because the fam was poor and it part of the "American" experience. Every once in a while I pick some up, fry it on a skillet for a bit and add some scrambled eggs on white bread with a dash of spicy mayo. I wouldn't feed it to people but for me, it's fine.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of bologna sandwiches, but this microwave bologna bowl is actually a pretty solid breakfast.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
They're pretty good with plenty of mayo and a little mustard.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oscar Meyer Bologna or something like Seltzer's Sweet Lebanon Bologna?

First one does bring back childhood memories, the second is actual damn good meat.

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fried bologna with some sauteed onions on some good bread is a thing of beauty

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I had sworn off bologna sandwiches for a big portion of my life. Then a couple years ago I had one with cheese, mayo and mustard. I'm pretty boring with my food, so I'd only had bologna with mayo up til then. The addition of mustard to a bologna sandwich blew my mind. It was delicious. I actually had a bologna sandwich for lunch this week.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Yeah, as a kid in the 80s and early 90s, balogna was rather popular. you were fed it all over the place. sometimes at home, sometimes even at school. I remember being served fried balogna at school more than once for... some reason. Seemed weird even then.

But yes, while I haven't eaten or craved it in a long, long time, I can definitely say that balogna with cheese and mayo on white bread absolutely brings back a mega-rush of childhood memories.

As an aside, my mom loved slices of liverworst on sandwiches so she'd buy it all the time. So, had quite a lot of balogna and liverworst as a kid. Course these days I buy only ham or turkey breast for sandwiches, with roast beef on a rare occasion. I just can't bring myself to go for balogna anymore, but I'd eat it if served it.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Salami sandwiches are so good. You can use like any type of bread. That's kind of what I like about both bologna and salami is you can be really creative with either one. One slice of white bread with a little mustard. Or two slices with mayo as well. Or a single bagel and salami with mayo and mustard (sooo good) I even got desperate and made a mustard/mayo sauce and spread it inside of pita bread pockets and threw some warm salami in there. It was good.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I'm the only one in the family that likes it. I buy it rarely for nostalgia, but I get the Boars Head Garlic Bologna. Press it and heat it in a pan with some good Kewpie mayo & mustard. It's a good quick fix lunch. In fact I might buy some on my next run to Publix. It's been a while.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I had to look it up as I am not from the US and did not know what it was but apparently we call it Polony here which I also don't know what the fuck that is. So I load up Tesco and type in Polony and they don't have it - I am entirely confused. It's a cheap meat/sausage sliced thing that you can put in a sandwich. We have similar things here and the one I like from childhood was called Chopped Pork. Were I to have it now, being Vegan this would be tricky, I imagine it would be very nostalgic.

Oct 27, 2017
Oscar Meyer thick cut bologna,Kraft deluxe American cheese and MIRACLE WHIP sandwiched between white bread is the way to go.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
In March of 1997, we moved from Nebraska to Colorado, and I spent the last few months of 5th grade (and elementary school) at George Washington Carver Elementary School. The short time spent there made the school stand out more. The school did a musical production called History of the Jukebox, where I learned a bunch of new songs. It was the first school where I had core classes with different teachers instead of the same one. I read The BFG by Roald Dahl. I saw the original Prince of Persia played on a school PC. I went on a field trip to the Denver Museum of Natural History and saw my first IMAX movie.

Bologna sandwiches remind me of that.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
The kind of bologna this thread is about is gross. However, Lebanon Bologna is amazing. The regular flavor, never the sweet.

1723178.jpg

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
There's a local meat company up here in WV called Cavalier that makes an all beef bologna that is out of this world. I love it. The other day I made fried bologna, egg, and cheese burritos and they were awesome.

kj08NR7.jpg

Bologna is good stuff.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
There should be a "Why not both?" option in the poll.

Because sometimes, I want a damn bologna sandwich. Almost always feel sad afterwards though.