• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Well if I ever fly again, I'll make sure it's not on one of these.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is where I'm at. Boeing isn't going to let the same tragedy happen twice.

38fzdv.jpg

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, I'll fly on one of these if 10 years go by without incident or something like that.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Sure, when an accident happens again they will go "Ooops, my bad. No biggie right? Cool brehs?"

They should have stopped and scrapped the whole 737 Max planes and create a new and much safer plane
Is there anything fundamentally wrong with the plane? It seems like the issues were primarily sensor/software based so wouldn't require a full restart of the project. The only justification for that would be reputational (and a rebrand will achieve the same).

The main issue is the FAA/Boeing relationship and revolving door that exists between them. That relationship and the ridiculous amount of self regulation the FAA allowed are the problem, not the entire plane.

I would strongly recommend episodes of The Daily that focus on this for anyone interested.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
You won't catch me flying on that thing. And yes, I will confirm before booking any tickets in the future.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

Boeing and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) worked together to manipulate 737 Max recertification tests following two fatal crashes in 2018 and 2019, according to a damning new Senate report. Boeing "inappropriately coached" some FAA test pilots to reach a desired outcome during the recertification tests, and some were even performed on simulators that weren't equipped to re-create the same conditions as the crashes.

In doing this, the Senate report's authors say the "FAA and Boeing were attempting to cover up important information that may have contributed to the 737 MAX tragedies."

No lessons were learned you'll be surprised to hear.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
So going back to screening any future flights I take to make sure I'm not riding on a 737 Max. Great. Love it.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Delta has no 737 Max in their entire fleet, nor are they purchasing any. FYI.

Source: wife works there

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Can't the FAA stop fucking this up? How hard is to do their jobs without acepting interference? I hope other regulators stop accepting their certifications. If anything, this has proven they aren't really credible.

I'm definitively not getting on one of this death traps.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I'll just stick to Delta which didn't buy any of these things thanks, The Max only exists because the Neo was eating their fucking lunch and they quick launch a faulty design.

Sorry, there is too much information out there that this is a design flaw relying on a computer controller to compensate for. Fuck that noise.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I mostly have to fly between Mexico and Japan, and I only have two airlines to choose from: ANA and Aeromexico. They both have these planes IIRC 😭

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
A more accurate headline would be "Boeing and the FAA looking for beta testers for the 737 Max"

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
I won't fly on one either.

The entire design is a flawed hackjob and I would not trust software to fix that.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Era...I'm going out of my way of avoiding to ever fly with a Max (8?) again, how easy (if at all) is it for Boeing to rebrand the model to try to fool the general populace?

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Can't the FAA stop fucking this up? How hard is to do their jobs without acepting interference? I hope other regulators stop accepting their certifications. If anything, this has proven they aren't really credible.

I'm definitively not getting on one of this death traps.

I mean they actually can't these days, I remember when the planes issues first came to light that articles mentioned that the FAA hasn't done it's job correctly and independently for a long time, due to their allowance to have a set up were basically the FAA checks and tests are being done by people involved in the plane manufacturing company too, something along the lines of them basically being so watered down in effect that meant that Boeing basically was testing and approving their own planes and the FAA went along with it. America really needs to stop this soft touch regulation shit, I said it before, but I won't ever trust the usa's word on anything alone, if they have the same approval from other countries sure it's easier to believe but america is such a corrupt country that allows capitalism to run rampant and rarely kept in check that their word on regulation tests etc is worth literally jack shit.

Nov 7, 2017
Counting down to the next accident involving one of these, or another report about flaws being covered up in the interest of profits. Never flying on one of these - prefer not to pay for hours of anxiousness in a metal tube thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.