• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
I know it's a movie and all, but does anyone else think they went a bit crazy on putting shadows everywhere in the art?

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Aw, I love seeing TV animation get a big budget like this so they can go ham on details and angles they weren't able to before. It looks and feels like a Very Special Episode or something but I like that.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Lots of weird shadow and lighting going on here. It's very distracting. Not sure why they are shadowing all the characters like that in a way that seems completely independent from light sources?

That said I love Bob's Burgers and I did not need a trailer to know I'd watch the movie.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Tina's entire plot line is going to be more than the usual creepy bit crazy creeper shit, right?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic for this. I love Bob's Burgers but never really liked any feature length movie especially out of one that usually has a small plotline and short run length. The Simpsons movie was awful for me and a whole bunch of other ones.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of weird shadow and lighting going on here. It's very distracting. Not sure why they are shadowing all the characters like that in a way that seems completely independent from light sources?

That said I love Bob's Burgers and I did not need a trailer to know I'd watch the movie.

yes. this. thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic for this. I love Bob's Burgers but never really liked any feature length movie especially out of one that usually has a small plotline and short run length. The Simpsons movie was awful for me and a whole bunch of other ones.
Really? Not a fan of a Goofy Movie? South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut? Spongebob Squarepants Movie? Rugrats in Paris? There are a bunch that managed to be really great as theatrical versions of the show.

Kukka

Banned
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah, the animation clearly has a higher budget, but I actually think it makes it look worse. The character desing is way too flat for proper shadows and weird angles.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
People really in here hating on Teddy? Smdh.
I think I can understand it. He is mostly a kind, innocent, and simple kind of man which I like about him, but, a lot of times when he appears it ends up with him just being really loud and yelling things. It can be grating.

I'm kind of meh on the character, I don't mind if he appears once and a while and I don't hate him.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Teddy is probably one of the better characters in the show but I like him in small doses. His shtick wears thin if the episode is focused on him, besides a couple really good episodes like the one where he signs himself and Bob up for the stunt camp. The more recent one where he takes Bob to do errands all day in his truck was awful.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
I think I can understand it. He is mostly a kind, innocent, and simple kind of man which I like about him, but, a lot of times when he appears it ends up with him just being really loud and yelling things. It can be grating.

I'm kind of meh on the character, I don't mind if he appears once and a while and I don't hate him.
He's good when he's in sidekick mode (like the episode where he watches the kids). When he's the focus of the show, it tends to be more cringeworthy than funny (the episode where he takes the Belchers out on a boat, or the Thanksgiving episode at his place). He's a lonely guy, and the humor they get out of him isn't the same vibe as the rest of the show.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
I love the show and didn't even know of this movie. Probably will have to wait for it to come to VOD or streaming to watch it.

Teddy is probably my second favorite character next to Bob. Love him, but his character shouldn't be a focal point of the film. Small doses is perfect for Teddy in the film.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
yeah teddy kind of has the same problem as gene. he's basically the sixth belcher but any episode that centers on him tends to suffer, even though he's fine playing off the other characters with his brand of possessive jealousy

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
this trailer feels like it came straight out of the early 2000s but hopefully the film is actually good.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Man, seeing the animation boost again for a 2D theatrical film after so long feels GOOD. Like just the look of it is hitting my nostalgia after a childhood with Goofy Movie and the Rugrats movies.