• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant Fort

Mar 22, 2018
You guys have nothing to worry about. After thing are done and closed out. He will be gone. They just can't do anything at this moment. Pretty standard business stuff.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Where did you get this June date? 18 months is a LONG time, but also I have not read much reporting around acquisitions of this size because acquisitions of this size are fairly rare.
Yeah, I don't think it'll take that long. When they bought Bethesda, they announced the plans on September 21, 2020, and the acquisition was completed on May 9, 2021.

Granted, I know absolutely nothing about how this stuff works, so… I dunno.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I expect him to be gone eventually. Dude probably has to be bought out. Hes dug way too deep into the roots of the company to just yank him out. MS definately has the cash to get him a golden parachute the likes that would darken the skies.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bobby and co would have had to greenlight or entertain this acquisition, no doubt he got his protections in there. This is disappointing, but unsurprising.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Probably getting an insane amount of money then will likely leave after the deal is done. I bet they came to the conclusion it was gonna be too difficult to get the companies reputation back to what it was even then it wasn't all that great. Being absorbed into another company pretty much fixes that and MS will take action on company culture.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
again I think its until the deal is complete. It makes legit no sense for Xbox to keep someone with such bad PR to tarnish their reputation especially when they can control said situation.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to stay optimistic and assume Microsoft is only saying this for PR reasons and after it is official changes will be made swiftly.

Hopefully......

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
vHKm1Tk.png

It'll cost $292 million to get rid of Kotick.

How the fuck can you be terminated for cause and get a 264,5 Million payout?

EDIT: Lol, I am an idiot and I can't read

Last edited:

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
He will be out once the merger is complete. He is way to expensive and has too much negativity to keep him around. Yes, he will get a payout but even without the acquisition, he would gotten once if the shareholders wanted him out.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Could be this person has to stay on for a certain amount of time but then leaves

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
Well. That was/is fucking pointless. Scummy fuck gets to stay on while they prep a nice severance package for his weasely ass.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
My guess is he and the leadership of AB are gone within a year of the takeover. They won't be fired or anything they will all quietly depart.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Sounds like corporate politics. I would be surprised if he remains in a year.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this is normal, is why corporations are shit. He should've been gone a long time ago. The normalcy of this deal doesn't make it any better.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
The wording literally says Kotick is staying at least until the deal closes, there is no cause for terminating his contract early as long as Microsoft doesn't outright own them. Firing him outright will cost the company nearly $300 million, it's in their best interest to keep him aboard until he eventually gets pushed out with a much smaller severance package.

When Microsoft takes over ownership of Activision and the terms of Kotick's employment is set to change, he will likely be gone as part of the take over or be secured employment for a short transition period, he will not stay employed with the same benefits he has now.

Talk about boycotts when the deal actually closes and we have confirmation that Kotick will be part of the leadership team over at Microsoft, the deal has literally only been made public and may yet be rejected for various reasons.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Microsoft and Activision Blizzard need to act like completely separate entities for the entire duration of the acquisition, so I am not shocked they aren't commenting on direct leadership changes. They legally can't or it jeopardizes the whole merger.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
People really think that a deal that will only conclude in one year gives immediate power for microsoft to fire whoever they want and paint the activision building green if they want

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
Phil seems to be a pretty good guy. I don't think Bobby will be around long after Phil takes control.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
vHKm1Tk.png

It'll cost $292 million to get rid of Kotick.
Which is nothing compared to the $70 billion acquisition. I think Bobby will be shelved or negotiated with to retire shortly after close. They'll give him a nice pile of MS stock to go away quietly. He just has way too much consolidated power to be treated otherwise.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I had hopes that they'd at least clean house with the acquisition, but it doesn't look so likely now.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Thread title is incorrect. Read it again.

He's staying on until the deal closes. From there.. of course he's not staying around.

Thread Title = Article Title

And? The article title is incorrect.

Nowhere in the article it states that Kotick leaves after the Acquisition is done.

Nowhere in the article it states that Kotick will remain after the acquisition is done.
This is a weird back n forth, lol.

About a thread title and topic taken from an actual article.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Which is nothing compared to the $70 billion acquisition. I think Bobby will be shelved or negotiated with to retire shortly after close. They'll give him a nice pile of MS stock to go away quietly. He just has way too much consolidated power to be treated otherwise.
Yeah, this can be factored into the cost of purchase I imagine.
Crazy though.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once the deal closes, contracts are out of the way, he'll be gone.

They're going to drain the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.