• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Robert E. Murray, the former CEO and president of the now-bankrupt Murray Energy, has filed an application with the U.S. Department of Labor for black lung benefits. For years, Murray and his company fought against federal mine safety regulations aimed at reducing the debilitating disease.

"I founded the company and created 8,000 jobs there until the move to end coal use. I am still chairman of the board," he wrote on a Labor Department form that initiated his claim obtained by the Ohio Valley ReSource. "We're in bankruptcy, and due to my health could not handle the president and CEO job any longer."

According to sources, Murray's claim is still in the initial stages and is being evaluated to determine the party potentially responsible for paying out the associated benefits. The Labor Department is required to determine a liable party before an initial ruling can be made on entitlement to benefits. If Murray's claim were to go before an administrative law judge, some aspects of the claim would become a matter of public record.

The Ohio Valley ReSource confirmed the authenticity of Murray's claim documents by inputting associated information — including his last name, birthdate and a case ID number — into an online portal maintained by the Labor Department.

In his claim, Murray, who is now 80 years old, writes that he is heavily dependent on the oxygen tank he is frequently seen using, and is "near death."

www.wvpublic.org

Bob Murray, Who Fought Against Black Lung Regulations As A Coal Operator, Has Filed For Black Lung Benefits - West Virginia Public Broadcasting

Robert E. Murray, the former CEO and president of the now-bankrupt Murray Energy, has filed an application with the U.S. Department of Labor for black

The absolute irony. But absolutely fucked up. This bastard fought against regulations. This is why worker right are so important. Fuck the coal industry.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
john-oliver-eat-shit-bob-lat-week-tonight.gif

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
This is what I find so frustrating about how much people worship the coal industry. It's always been such an exploitative industry run by people who only care about money and continually fuck over their employees putting them in unsafe conditions.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Why is a millionaire signing up for government benefits? Is means testing only meant for us plebs, then?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
john-oliver-eat-shit-bob-lat-week-tonight.gif

This is the same dude that sued John Oliver for reporting on him.

www.wvpublic.org

Bob Murray, Who Fought Against Black Lung Regulations As A Coal Operator, Has Filed For Black Lung Benefits - West Virginia Public Broadcasting

Robert E. Murray, the former CEO and president of the now-bankrupt Murray Energy, has filed an application with the U.S. Department of Labor for black
Robert E. Murray, the former CEO and president of the now-bankrupt Murray Energy, has filed an application with the U.S. Department of Labor for black lung benefits. For years, Murray and his company fought against federal mine safety regulations aimed at reducing the debilitating disease.

"I founded the company and created 8,000 jobs there until the move to end coal use. I am still chairman of the board," he wrote on a Labor Department form that initiated his claim obtained by the Ohio Valley ReSource. "We're in bankruptcy, and due to my health could not handle the president and CEO job any longer."
According to sources, Murray's claim is still in the initial stages and is being evaluated to determine the party potentially responsible for paying out the associated benefits. The Labor Department is required to determine a liable party before an initial ruling can be made on entitlement to benefits. If Murray's claim were to go before an administrative law judge, some aspects of the claim would become a matter of public record.

The Ohio Valley ReSource confirmed the authenticity of Murray's claim documents by inputting associated information — including his last name, birthdate and a case ID number — into an online portal maintained by the Labor Department.

In his claim, Murray, who is now 80 years old, writes that he is heavily dependent on the oxygen tank he is frequently seen using, and is "near death."

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
2020 is one for the ages.

This man has caused so much suffering for so many, only poetic he suffers the same fate.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Sad day for capitalism. Pour one out for not being able to stop government overreach!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Also why didn't any post Eat Shit Bob musical yet

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
This is what I find so frustrating about how much people worship the coal industry. It's always been such an exploitative industry run by people who only care about money and continually fuck over their employees putting them in unsafe conditions.
This was one of the more infuriating things covered in the 2016 election, fucking Arby's employed more people than the enter coal industry including front office staff like hr.