• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is the beginning of a karmic shift in the universe where rich assholes and conmen lose everything instead of the everyday people they exploit. If I remember correctly, karma was strongly knocked off its appropriate course the day David Bowie died back in the beginning of 2016 (which back then was the 2020 of its time).

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
john-oliver-eat-shit-bob-lat-week-tonight.gif

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Lol I didn't realize this was a bumped thread until about 10 posts in, saw the date, got hopeful and went to the bottom and thread delivered. Eat shit in your grave asshole

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I find so frustrating about how much people worship the coal industry. It's always been such an exploitative industry run by people who only care about money and continually fuck over their employees putting them in unsafe conditions.

Because that's all they know to do. When I used to be a Field Network Engineer, I used to visit old towns in the midwest that had old, closed down coal mines and speak with the elderly who used to work there at the old homes/VA Hospitals and they would talk about stories about fighting tooth an nail about keeping the coal mines open. Even when presented with an alternate solution of being trained on newer green renewal energy industry, the answer was always "too hard to learn new stuff" or "Jobs for soft men".

For me it was mind-blowing that they could be offered a more safety environment with more pay but would take worse for less.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This is what I find so frustrating about how much people worship the coal industry. It's always been such an exploitative industry run by people who only care about money and continually fuck over their employees putting them in unsafe conditions.

People are comfortable in what they know, even if its killing them slowly. For some, its far easier to go hundreds of feet into the earth for long hours at a time and wear their bodies down in inhospitable conditions to make a living than to try and start over to survive another way.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Because that's all they know to do. When I used to be a Field Network Engineer, I used to visit old towns in the midwest that had old, closed down coal mines and speak with the elderly who used to work there at the old homes/VA Hospitals and they would talk about stories about fighting tooth an nail about keeping the coal mines open. Even when presented with an alternate solution of being trained on newer green renewal energy industry, the answer was always "too hard to learn new stuff" or "Jobs for soft men".

For me it was mind-blowing that they could be offered a more safety environment with more pay but would take worse for less.
Toxic masculinity sure is killer.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
No sympathy.

If his family members has any conscience, they will donate a large amount of his wealth that was accumulated through exploitation to the employees who suffered under him, directly or via charity / nonprofit organization.

If not, they can get fucked. Every single one of them who benefited from this.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

incredible. More universe aligning shit coming soon folks. 2020 is ending on a high note.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The world needs to operate in this karmic fashion more consistently.