• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember a scene he didn't steal in Curb. RIP.

Can't believe Richard Lewis outlived him. Guy has looked like death for the last 9 seasons.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RIP

I wonder how Curb will deal with this once they get around to it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Maaan, I still remember the day I found out Super Dave Osborne was a character, the world wasn't the same after that.

Nov 1, 2017
Forever Super Dave to me, first on Bizarre (holy shit that would not fly today) and then his own show.

I hope he has some genuine Saskatchewan seal skin buried with him.

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
RIP. Loved Super Dave as a kid and of course he was amazing on Curb. His small part in Arrested Development was amazing as well.

And I didn't know Mean Gene died. Another huge part of my childhood. :(

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Aw, he was so awesome. He was beloved by so many comedians, it's really great to see the tributes.

Norm MacDonald does a stunning impression of him:

It's clear how much Norm loves him, and I did too.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. It didn't even occur that they were the same person. This guy's been bringing me laughs my whole life.

RIP.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, not the Funkhouser. RIP.
He was a few years older than Larry, despite the looks.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Super Dave made me laugh so much as a kid. I forgot about the show until today, rewatched many skits on Twitter, and laughed just the same. Rest in peace.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
This is too sad, the Funkhouser was my favorite character, dude was comedy gold every scene.

RIP

Oct 27, 2017
hopefully larry david does something special for next season of curb. he is prob the only writer who could get away with that.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I loved this dude as Super Dave so much growing up, RIP.

I had no idea that he was Albert Brook's brother though, what a talented family.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn! I've never not ended up in stitches whenever I've seen him in something. RIP :(

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
There was a great episode of Super Dave that I can't find a clip from, where they played a prank on Ray Charles by moving all the furniture around in his house which culminates in Super Dave waiting on his bed for him and
asking "Which room was this one before?" with Mike Walden responding "The garage" and Ray driving through the wall and crushing Super Dave.
which was hysterical to me as a kid

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sad. I just started watching Curb for the first time a few months back, and am on the latest season right now, and the Funkman was definitely a favorite.... RIP :(

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seconding how great he was on Norm's show (the real one, not the watered down Netflix thing). He was also great on his two episodes of Comedians in Cars.