• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish you lived near me, I've always wanted KDM.

I just got my first ever Kickstarter in the post! Agropolis (and Sprawlopolis) just arrived, looking forward to giving them a bash in solo mode tonight.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
I'm doing fine, just trying to offload it and the shipping cost would just be insane. I am in the US.

sorry didn't realize my working was that poor on my post. I meant that games have been a harder to sell in some places during the pandemic due to lockdown. I mean I'm up in Canada and we are down to no visitors again for the next three weeks. Given thisI haven't bought or really played anything in a while.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
SillyEskimo Podge293
Well started on my retail Marvel United mini. Boy they just look great with a proper base coat, my doing a monochrome base and painting a detail item idea would totally work... but not what I'm doing here, I'm going all the way with these three! Doing them right now because I have a move coming up and wanted to do the base coats with the airbrush cause i can
image0.jpg

image1.jpg
Doing a filter/tinting experiment with ironman tomorrow but the other two I'll just be hand painting this weekend. I mean I'll be hand painting ironman too after the experiment for his main red. Oooooo, I could cheat on ironman skip the yellow and just mask the parts to be silver and do it as the silver and red version XD. Especially since he'll likely be a darker red
But it's good to know if I don't want to detail paint all 80+xmen United figs I'm getting.
Definitely going to have some fun with these guys when I visit my family this summer. Airbrushing sure speeds things up, need a space with better lighting but not having issues with consistency now that I fixed my pressure issue Tempted to cheat when painting wasp and do the classic/Nadia version of that costume which is all red and black XD would make things easier

Also finished half of the Godzilla quartet, and another is 2/3 of the way there, but I'll wait till I finish the remaining 2 to post them here.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Randomly checked in at Button Shy games and saw that Sprawlopolis, Food Chain Island and its expansions were up to order. I've been wanting to get some Button Shy Games and these seemed like the ones i would enjoy the most

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Randomly checked in at Button Shy games and saw that Sprawlopolis, Food Chain Island and its expansions were up to order. I've been wanting to get some Button Shy Games and these seemed like the ones i would enjoy the most

Sprawlopolis is great, I had my first game last night. I won 42 to 32... I think.

wzCmFvZdg2VnB9d_pSSQBhetxDT5zp_fOJk2MPWHkXlcAW6ar86DPnOk3tqzp5tT37v9lQY8PCGh4ZZB6yH5J3D7RTHfGh-_Chm9lLjZn8LzIcoV-TzRtFXOKBZ1dKIfUKo44BHxFT0=w2400

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SillyEskimo Podge293
Well started on my retail Marvel United mini. Boy they just look great with a proper base coat, my doing a monochrome base and painting a detail item idea would totally work... but not what I'm doing here, I'm going all the way with these three! Doing them right now because I have a move coming up and wanted to do the base coats with the airbrush cause i can
image0.jpg

image1.jpg
Doing a filter/tinting experiment with ironman tomorrow but the other two I'll just be hand painting this weekend. I mean I'll be hand painting ironman too after the experiment for his main red. Oooooo, I could cheat on ironman skip the yellow and just mask the parts to be silver and do it as the silver and red version XD. Especially since he'll likely be a darker red
But it's good to know if I don't want to detail paint all 80+xmen United figs I'm getting.
Definitely going to have some fun with these guys when I visit my family this summer. Airbrushing sure speeds things up, need a space with better lighting but not having issues with consistency now that I fixed my pressure issue Tempted to cheat when painting wasp and do the classic/Nadia version of that costume which is all red and black XD would make things easier

Also finished half of the Godzilla quartet, and another is 2/3 of the way there, but I'll wait till I finish the remaining 2 to post them here.

Ironman looks pretty good like that gotta say ha

BrokenMill

Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone have any extra info on Calling of the Matriarch? https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/337171/calling-matriarch

It seems interesting, but something about it just seems off...
It looks way too expensive for a print & play game, their previous campaign is about highly sexualised miniatures and they haven't backed any Kickstarters themselves. Personally, I wouldn't touch it, but if it looks like something you want to support, that's up to you.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone jumping on on this week's kickstarters?

www.kickstarter.com

Vengeance: Roll & Fight

Why roll and write, when you can roll and FIGHT?
Vengeance looks like a cool roll and write but the shipping is just too much for me. I will take a look at retail.

www.kickstarter.com

Castle Panic Deluxe Collection

Deluxe editions of the cooperative tower defense game Castle Panic and all its expansions with miniatures, new art, and more!
Castle Panic Deluxe is another "fine" game but one I sure wouldn't be dropping $300+ on, but good for them. I am glad that a small company is doing well on KS.

www.kickstarter.com

Hoplomachus: Victorum

Solo board game adventure of tactics, mythology, and unparalleled production. Also featuring Hoplomachus: Remastered!
Chip Theory Games is back and the theme is more appealing to me. I will have to take a closer look at it but I worry about the complexity still.

www.kickstarter.com

Mosaic - A Story of Civilization

An action-selection board game where you guide an ancient Civilization from its founding to its ultimate fate in history
Glenn Drover's latest Civ game. I am in for $1 currently. I like Glenn Drover's games and this has some appeal. I wish there was more conflict but it still looks interesting. It looks like an absolute table hog but they are supposedly redesigning the player mats, which should help. The price tag is high on this too, which has me concerned but I don't think the game will work as well with counter tokens for the armies. It will be such a pain to do scoring.

www.kickstarter.com

☕️ Chai: Tea for 2—A Tea Board Game Duel!

Set sail your most delicious brews in this tea-riffic board game in the immersive ☕️ Chai series by Steeped Games.
I know others were interested in this, but it just isn't for me.

Anything else anyone is interested in?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I've done my 2 for the year. I can wait for retail on anything else I may be interested in.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Well started on my retail Marvel United mini. Boy they just look great with a proper base coat, my doing a monochrome base and painting a detail item idea would totally work

Here are some cool examples from Cursed City of the style you may be looking for. The best thing about monochrome is that it paints up super quick.

mEYZjay.jpg
HYqpnGv.jpg
6DlTOm3.jpg
Yuc8Zgs.jpg

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Here are some cool examples from Cursed City of the style you may be looking for. The best thing about monochrome is that it paints up super quick.

mEYZjay.jpg
HYqpnGv.jpg
6DlTOm3.jpg
Yuc8Zgs.jpg

I don't normally normally care about miniature painting, But I must say that these look really awesome. I kind of like this better than the super detailed painting that I usually see.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I don't normally normally care about miniature painting, But I must say that these look really awesome. I kind of like this better than the super detailed painting that I usually see.

Painting is a journey. Pretty much everyone starts out trying to mimic someone else's work. Somewhere along the way, if you're lucky, you will develop your own style. Style trumps technical ability every day of the week IMO. Of course, the best painters have both in equal measure. The examples above are what I try to tell people when it comes to painting a board game, which is paint for gameplay first and foremost. Everything should be immediately and clearly identifiable by all players at a glance. The painter has to determine the purpose of their models and then paint within those boundaries in order to get the best results IMO. The downside to the above examples is that they are pretty much only going to look good for this board game only. Most people want to integrate the models into their existing armies so they will paint them to do just that.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Nothing for me in this weeks Kickstarters, waiting for CMON's masters of the universe
Ironman looks pretty good like that gotta say ha
Yeah, I'm tempted to go red and silver with him, would take quite a bit of masking because I'm using a tint/filtering method with a wash/tone via airbrush for the red. Ultron just has layering and details left though

mEYZjay.jpg
HYqpnGv.jpg
6DlTOm3.jpg
Yuc8Zgs.jpg
Yeah, especially with airbrushing. That helps a lot, that's very much the style I was considering for any X-men United I wasn't up to/in the mood to detail(albeit probably dilineated into team/faction colors). Got plenty of runewars mini's(grabbed a core cheap) to experiment on. Got the first retail version of TMNT out of the shadows and a SW IA core, thinking I'm going to paint both this summer finally(picked up both when I first got into board games, only ever painted a single ninja though). So I have plenty to work on.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
www.kickstarter.com

Castle Panic Deluxe Collection

Deluxe editions of the cooperative tower defense game Castle Panic and all its expansions with miniatures, new art, and more!
Castle Panic Deluxe is another "fine" game but one I sure wouldn't be dropping $300+ on, but good for them. I am glad that a small company is doing well on KS.

My kid adores Castle Panic, we've got the expansions, and have mostly played it as much as we will. It's just not enough of a game to drop $300 on it, and it doesn't need the plastic.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
www.kickstarter.com

Hoplomachus: Victorum

Solo board game adventure of tactics, mythology, and unparalleled production. Also featuring Hoplomachus: Remastered!
Chip Theory Games is back and the theme is more appealing to me. I will have to take a closer look at it but I worry about the complexity still.

Hoplo was always a really straightforward arena combat game, and one of the most accessible games they make (in terms of time and learning commitment, anyway). I don't think the rules explanation should take more than 5 minutes.

Just be aware that they are funding two projects here: 1) a new solo adventure Hoplo game, along the lines of Slay the Spire or Into the Breach, and 2) Hoplomachus Remastered, which is all (or most) of the old game content consolidated into one box with new artwork and some tweaks.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm, yeah this does show these guys would work with monochromatic and a detail item
image1.jpg

Not what I'm doing with this one though. Tempted to keep the red and silver color scheme cause it is a classic variant but let's be honest I'm doing the detailing anyways may as well do the red and yellow. Hm wonder if I can mix my dragon bronze and candlelight yellow for the right shade. Also no more pics till I finish these guys, not what this OT is for anyways XD

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of forgot to repost since the poster here decided they weren't interested....

Anyone looking for an all-in Bloodborne pledge or a copy of Stardew (unpunched)? I'm cleaning up my game room and these are both just sitting there.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Sort of forgot to repost since the poster here decided they weren't interested....

Anyone looking for an all-in Bloodborne pledge or a copy of Stardew (unpunched)? I'm cleaning up my game room and these are both just sitting there.

I got the $90 Bloodborne Pledge and it is still sealed. I watched a gameplay video the other day and it looks pretty fun so I am going to hang onto it with the full intention of giving it a go someday.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I got the $90 Bloodborne Pledge and it is still sealed. I watched a gameplay video the other day and it looks pretty fun so I am going to hang onto it with the full intention of giving it a go someday.

From a solo perspective, I've read that it's VERY much a puzzle game. Same thing with Stardew - more puzzle and less farm sim. I guess I like my games stupid, haha.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
From a solo perspective, I've read that it's VERY much a puzzle game. Same thing with Stardew - more puzzle and less farm sim. I guess I like my games stupid, haha.

I can see that. I think it has a good "flow" to the gameplay, which is something that always catches my eye for solo games. Good luck finding a buyer. I would think it wouldn't be too hard to offload, unlike something like Gotham City Chronicles which I see sealed full pledges everywhere and no one can seem to offload that game lol.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
This seems interesting, gonna play it on the background while I sleeve Marvel United, I wonder which will end first ..

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Finally I can try High Rise this weekend. Had been collecting dust forever. Sleeping Gods should be here Monday, so excited.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I bought the last Eclipse 2nd Edition directly from the publisher about a month ago. Will be here Monday. I can post pics for the "Eclipse-curious" here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So just started sorting my Arkham Horror 2nd Edition, Kingsport, Dunwich Horror, King in Yellow, Lurker and Dark Pharoah expansions so I can sell them online.

Lots of memories but I haven't played it in nearly 10 years. And I honestly enjoy a lot of what 3rd edition offers more.

Still in awe at the amount of counters and cards this game has, even just the base set.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Got my first game of Sleeping Gods in. Very interesting but I feel like I am doing combat wrong. Do you give them an exhaust after combat if they were used or can you use the same 4 every round?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Since I've posted the progress pics anyways May as well do the finished ones(even if it's a cross post)
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Well other than a top coat all done! Feeling pretty happy since these are minis 3,4,5 done for me personally(I don't count a ninja from 5 years ago). Still got plenty to work on but it's a start(technique wise I mean. I only have the retail version of MU right now XD did back Xmen United tho. So 7 more MU for now).
With airbrushing on the table still plan to experiment on some stylized stuff on my runewars stuff so I can do quick simple jobs on any xmen minis I don't care to detail XD

Hopefully I can get this to the table soon. Will be interesting to see if I finish painting the other 7 at that point

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I've posted the progress pics anyways May as well do the finished ones(even if it's a cross post)
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Well other than a top coat all done! Feeling pretty happy since these are minis 3,4,5 done for me personally(I don't count a ninja from 5 years ago). Still got plenty to work on but it's a start(technique wise I mean. I only have the retail version of MU right now XD did back Xmen United tho. So 7 more MU for now).
With airbrushing on the table still plan to experiment on some stylized stuff on my runewars stuff so I can do quick simple jobs on any xmen minis I don't care to detail XD

Hopefully I can get this to the table soon. Will be interesting to see if I finish painting the other 7 at that point

They look pretty damn good

Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

God damn these rock

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017

Yeah I wish this thing was a little more roll and kill. I haven't been tempted to open mine up yet because I know it would take a week's research to learn how to play and I'm afraid I won't love it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
They look pretty damn good
Thanks guys, feel rough as heck to me but I'm a beginner XD gotta remind myself the small flaws won't be visible when playing. Priming Black widow, Red Skull, Cap A and Antman tomorrow so I can do the airbrush base coats this week(realized there's so much silver May as well do it as a base coat to save time on on the small bits and the helmet). Although I'm planning to try and work on mothra and finish Megalon next. Still planning to mock up some stylized paint schemes for any xmen United characters I don't feel like detailing

Also still have to figure out what paint I'm getting for top coating

Going to feel so good each time I update this pic
image0.jpg

KJ869

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vtes/vampire-the-eternal-struggle-unleashed/comments Don't miss on VTES Kickstarter. More importantly the all in pledge.it at first glance seems to realise it's all the add-ons for 13£ less + free sleeves, but they just have formated it really badly and it's 725+ cards more. Total of all in is 2700 cards+ promos, making it less than half the average price on eBay card lots with new edition cards &better spread if you are considering starting new casual play group or goofn seriously for the tournament scene.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vtes/vampire-the-eternal-struggle-unleashed/comments Don't miss on VTES Kickstarter. More importantly the all in pledge.it at first glance seems to realise it's all the add-ons for 13£ less + free sleeves, but they just have formated it really badly and it's 725+ cards more. Total of all in is 2700 cards+ promos, making it less than half the average price on eBay card lots with new edition cards &better spread if you are considering starting new casual play group or goofn seriously for the tournament scene.
Hey. I still have some of the original cards in my basement. I don't think I ever had anything really rare though. I will check it out.

Tyvan

Oct 27, 2017
Georgia
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Wow those are amazing!!!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Mandos inspired me. Five years later finally got around to starting on my Scythe minis.

Awesome job! Look forward to seeing more. Primed 5 more of the MU to try and do some more airbrushing this week but I'm taking a break today. Got TMNT and SWIA to work on this summer and I will actually have a space I can leave stuff setup in so I can keep chipping away at this and work on some kits

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this, not sure if posted before:

www.kickstarter.com

The Witcher: Old World

Action-packed adventure board game, full of immersive choices and excitingly fresh mechanics.

Witcher board game kickstarter is launching May 25th.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God I'm so jealous. The Kickstarter ended right before my discretionary budget exploded or else I would have gone in hard

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see any need to upgrade my old version of Eclipse, but that storage solution is just lovely.