• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone backing Marvel United?

www.kickstarter.com

Marvel United

Take the role of Marvel's mightiest Heroes and thwart the Villain's plans in this fast-paced cooperative game with amazing sculpts!

I'm curious, but gameplay-wise it seems pretty shallow and dull, like moreso than Zombicide.

I'm all in on that one. I'm already workshopping a display idea for the miniatures. It looks like all the expansions will easily be able to fit in the main box too, which will save on shelf space.

Reichbusters is getting close to shores for shipping. I imagine I'll receive it sometime in March. Some copies have landed in the hands of reviewers. It is 5-6months late, but I am still looking forward to my all in pledge. It seems like the board game equivalent to the video game Commandos. Plus, as usual, I really look forward to painting the set.

www.kickstarter.com

Reichbusters: Projekt Vril

Aliens! Mutants! Weird science! Gather your Heroes to smash the Nazis in this cooperative action-adventure board game for 1-4 players.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'm all in on that one. I'm already workshopping a display idea for the miniatures. It looks like all the expansions will easily be able to fit in the main box too, which will save on shelf space.

Reichbusters is getting close to shores for shipping. I imagine I'll receive it sometime in March. Some copies have landed in the hands of reviewers. It is 5-6months late, but I am still looking forward to my all in pledge. It seems like the board game equivalent to the video game Commandos. Plus, as usual, I really look forward to painting the set.

www.kickstarter.com

Reichbusters: Projekt Vril

Aliens! Mutants! Weird science! Gather your Heroes to smash the Nazis in this cooperative action-adventure board game for 1-4 players.

Reichbusters looks neat. Kind of glad I didn't see it before cause I would've backed it. Wolfenstein is hopefully popping up soon but that looks like a mix between Wolfenstein and Tanhauser?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also looking forward to painting this one up and painting it. I'm making good progress on my backlog, and only have a couple hundred minis unpainted.

I've decided I probably don't need any more super minis-heavy games after getting Deep Madness. So, unless something is truly unique or just speaks to me, I'll probably pass on any giant KS campaigns that feature hundreds of minis. Retail is a little different, as it can drip-feed through expansions, like Mansions of Madness of LOTR:JIME.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
The plus is that those hype games have high resell values. I sold my nemesis Kickstarter promo box (just The extra box that came a year later not the base game I still have that) for $300 and I sold root plus expansions for $450 (and rebought a used root for 30) so just those 2 things paid for a year of games for me

They are definitely exceptions to the rule however. Betting on big hype kickstarters being of any value when they arrive is a mugs game- I'm on a trading group and the number of kickstarters that are being sold a cut prices as they can't shift them even at face value is absurd.

Oct 25, 2017
They are definitely exceptions to the rule however. Betting on big hype kickstarters being of any value when they arrive is a mugs game- I'm on a trading group and the number of kickstarters that are being sold a cut prices as they can't shift them even at face value is absurd.

I know,
I didn't plan to sell them but for those prices I can not resist

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also looking forward to painting this one up and painting it. I'm making good progress on my backlog, and only have a couple hundred minis unpainted.

I've decided I probably don't need any more super minis-heavy games after getting Deep Madness. So, unless something is truly unique or just speaks to me, I'll probably pass on any giant KS campaigns that feature hundreds of minis. Retail is a little different, as it can drip-feed through expansions, like Mansions of Madness of LOTR:JIME.

I am behind on my painting which is really effecting what I am backing. Marvel United will only be around 70ish minis once the campaign is complete and that feels like it will be a very relaxing and easy project with loads of easy to hit smaller goals which really makes a project quick and enjoyable for me.

My painting backlog is currently:

1/4 of Zombicide Black Plague to complete (only about 200ish minis remaining, can easily play all games+expansions right now)
All of Zombicide Invader All In pledge
Monster Slaughter
The majority of Massive Darkness All In pledge

I have the following games coming in hot:
Reichbusters All In
Project Elite All In

And I am also working on:
Necromunda - all gangs, all terrain, all bounty hunters (This is turning out to be a massive and expensive project)
40k Genestealer Cult Army (I have been slowly assembling the minis for this over the past month)

Arriving eventually:
Bloodborne
Zombicide 2.0
Zombicide Night of the Living Dead
Marvel United

Due to the high amount of crossover miniatures, I plan on combining Project Elite and Zombicide Invader into one huge mega project like I did with Zombicide Black Plague and Massive Darkness.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Not only are they harder to get through, but they also take up a lot more space to store properly. I made the mistake of buying too many games when I first returned to the hobby after a few years, and am trying to be a lot more selective regarding which games I actually buy.

Letting FOMO dictate my purchases just isn't feasible, and a lot of kickstarters piss me off by leaning to hard into scaring people into pledging in order to not miss out.

Right and I'm in NYC so space is hard enough as is! At least video games can be bought digitally.

I took the same approach last year after backing 15+ projects in 2018. Having a look at BGG I dodged a good few bullets by being critical about where my money was going. I even passed on Clinic, opting to wait till retail, to see if the new release was any good and ended up saving money.

Though, I am glad I backed Clinix and Suburbia Collector's Edition. I've played both but maybe less than 5 times in total. It is nice owning all content in a spiffy new box and updated art but even then, I've cancelled a bunch of kickstarters recently or even refunded some big ones like Etherfields, Oathsworn and a bunch of these heavy miniature looking dungeon crawlers. I love Gloomhaven so I will back Frosthaven and considering how long Gloomhaven is, I have no idea when I'd even touch all those other games because I know my group would want to move onto Frosthaven.

I did keep Isofarian Guard, it looks wonderful but what really sold me was my partner being interested in the game. I am glad I backed Too Many Bones tough. What a fantastic game. But I'm done backing at all in tiers. Sadly too late to refund Altar Quest but maybe I can find someone to buy my pledge. I'm glad I never fell into the D&D minature/terrain money sink. I'll get a decent digital table top and call it a day.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
my painting queue is horrible:
Deep Madness
Dwarves of Iron Peak
Vast
Tainted Grail
Blackstone Fortress - Escalation
Zombicide Invader
Zombicide Black Plague
Zombicide Green Horde
Village Attacks
Warhammer: Underworld (loads of teams)
Rising Sun
Star Saga
Walking Dead - All Out War (just some expansion stuff)
Court of the Dead
Endure the Stars (though I may sell this)
Isles of Terror
Star Wars: Rebellion
War of the Ring
Clank (I bought some minis to replace the meeples)
*Reichbusters
*The Everrain
*Dawn of Madness

I just finished Scythe and am slowly painting through the 3d scenery my buddy is printing for our Gloomhaven campaign

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
my painting queue is horrible:
Deep Madness
Dwarves of Iron Peak
Vast
Tainted Grail
Blackstone Fortress - Escalation
Zombicide Invader
Zombicide Black Plague
Zombicide Green Horde
Village Attacks
Warhammer: Underworld (loads of teams)
Rising Sun
Star Saga
Walking Dead - All Out War (just some expansion stuff)
Court of the Dead
Endure the Stars (though I may sell this)
Isles of Terror
Star Wars: Rebellion
War of the Ring
Clank (I bought some minis to replace the meeples)
*Reichbusters
*The Everrain
*Dawn of Madness

I just finished Scythe and am slowly painting through the 3d scenery my buddy is printing for our Gloomhaven campaign

For the most part, I prioritize games that make it to the table. I'm working on another 3 monster teams for Monster Slaughter because my family wants to play. That's not a huge project by any stretch. I painted War of the Worlds in a single sitting because there are only 20 or so minis and a friend was coming over to play it. Looking at my upcoming games, I'm thinking I might sell Bloodborne? I just have way too much on my plate right now. I think assembly and painting of Necromunda may be pushed to the back burner. I can assemble/paint the terrain and bounty hunters in-between other projects. I really need to finish off Black Plague. I feel like I'm so close, yet so far away on that one.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
For the most part, I prioritize games that make it to the table. I'm working on another 3 monster teams for Monster Slaughter because my family wants to play. That's not a huge project by any stretch. I painted War of the Worlds in a single sitting because there are only 20 or so minis and a friend was coming over to play it. Looking at my upcoming games, I'm thinking I might sell Bloodborne? I just have way too much on my plate right now. I think assembly and painting of Necromunda may be pushed to the back burner. I can assemble/paint the terrain and bounty hunters in-between other projects. I really need to finish off Black Plague. I feel like I'm so close, yet so far away on that one.

The Zombicides are probably at the bottom of my list!
I'm doing Deep Madness right now & I think I'll get onto Dwarves of Iron Peak, Clank! and Isles of Terror next - low mini counts, so they should be achievable in a week or so each (here's hoping!)

Got a baby on the way, so I'm about to run out of time for doing this stuff lol

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a streamlined version of a game I enjoy based on an IP I have loved for nearly 40 years.

I am unbelievably in.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I already have Betrayal at Baldur's Gate but I'm pretty likely to get the Scooby re-theme too.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my. Scooby is possibly the perfect retheme for Betrayal. I do hope it's obligatory that, if the Monster loses, they have to say "I woulda gotten away with it if it weren't for you darned kids".

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Ugh, wanted to play a game yesterday and Pandemic was mentioned. I did not want to play it... I know it's silly but... Felt weird.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel United finally added a Spiderman expansion. Nova is the next character to unlock. Pretty cool! Still missing a ton of heroes though. At the very least I'm thinking Daredevil, Punisher and Scarlett Witch. They could still go hog wild with villains too.

I can see a Marvel United 2.0 in a few years adding X-Men and Fantastic Four. I do not believe they will be part of this run, but I could be wrong!

BrokenMill

Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
My new Kickstarter just launched and it's already funded :D So happy!
It's an expansion for my previous game, Heroes of Tenefyr, and the Kickstarter includes an option to get the base game as well.
If a cooperative, push your luck deck-building game sounds interesting to you, why not take a look?
www.kickstarter.com

Heroes of Tenefyr: The Second Curse - expansion and reprint

Cooperative, push your luck Deck-building for 1-4 players

(I hope it's okay to share that link here!)

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
Just a heads up: Pax Pamir will be relaunching on kickstarter March 10th. Do not miss out on the best game of 2019!

Caveat emptor

I'd double check if the game fits with your group before buying it. While I enjoyed it, it completely fell flat with mine as it's quite obtuse and difficult to parse what is going on. They refused to play it again and it got sold. :/

Oct 25, 2017
My new Kickstarter just launched and it's already funded :D So happy!
It's an expansion for my previous game, Heroes of Tenefyr, and the Kickstarter includes an option to get the base game as well.
If a cooperative, push your luck deck-building game sounds interesting to you, why not take a look?
www.kickstarter.com

Heroes of Tenefyr: The Second Curse - expansion and reprint

Cooperative, push your luck Deck-building for 1-4 players

(I hope it's okay to share that link here!)

Backed :)

Oct 25, 2017
Caveat emptor

I'd double check if the game fits with your group before buying it. While I enjoyed it, it completely fell flat with mine as it's quite obtuse and difficult to parse what is going on. They refused to play it again and it got sold. :/

Its my go to "make my wife roll her eyes in boredom" game. It's so funny I always read the back to her and she walks away haha. CAN YOU UNIFY AFGHANISTAN.
Just a heads up: Pax Pamir will be relaunching on kickstarter March 10th. Do not miss out on the best game of 2019!

I picked up a used copy off my FLGS used shelf for like 30 bucks. I know the group I need to get together to play it. Just waiting!

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Caveat emptor

There are always going to be edge cases and no game is for all people. For example, Food Chain Magnate is an incredible game and my #2 behind Pamir 2e, but that game has been more divisive than Pax Pamir. From an aesthetics, gameplay, and social experience, I have found PP the complete package. I dont think I am alone with this: many podcast and youtube outlets have made this their 2019 game of the year, and some would have if it wasnt considered a reprint with rules changes. Unless their heaviest game played falls within the purview of TTR or Catan, I have never had an issue teaching PP2e in 20 minutes or less.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
There are always going to be edge cases and no game is for all people. For example, Food Chain Magnate is an incredible game and my #2 behind Pamir 2e, but that game has been more divisive than Pax Pamir.

Ha that's odd as it's been the literal opposite for me. :)

In the three groups I've played in locally all love FCM. In the four groups I played Pax: My core group hated it, two were lukewarm and one liked it. It's a good game. It's just fucking obtuse.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Ha that's odd as it's been the literal opposite for me. :)

In the three groups I've played in locally all love FCM. In the four groups I played Pax: My core group hated it, two were lukewarm and one liked it. It's a good game. It's just fucking obtuse.
I've played PP2e again 5p every time. I think it's a tough game to win at that player count because the board state will be almost completely different when it gets back to you. The obtussedness of the game likely comes from the amount of levers you can pull to shift from dominance to non-dominance.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017

Waiting for the German version, that's up for preorder mid march as well. I loved the english version already and I see this resonate with my gaming group. Such an elegant and awesome game <3

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel United finally added a Spiderman expansion. Nova is the next character to unlock. Pretty cool! Still missing a ton of heroes though. At the very least I'm thinking Daredevil, Punisher and Scarlett Witch. They could still go hog wild with villains too.

I can see a Marvel United 2.0 in a few years adding X-Men and Fantastic Four. I do not believe they will be part of this run, but I could be wrong!
I think no Dr. Strange or Scarlet Witch means there is some kind of mystical expansion being planned.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I think no Dr. Strange or Scarlet Witch means there is some kind of mystical expansion being planned.

I still think they'll do a Sinister Six box towards the end of this week or the beginning of next week. It'll be $40-50.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Had the 90 $ pledge for Marvel United but decided against it.
The last 2 CMONs I pledged for weren't nearly as good as they seemed, especially at these prices.

Might just pick up a used copy of Legendary to get the "same" gameplay sans mini's.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone still play a Tabletop (Or any online simulators) with chat only? Since I think I'm the only one person with hearing loss and it was really difficult to cooperate with other people during 'sound' on. :\

I really want to go back and play Gloomhaven again, lol....

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Had the 90 $ pledge for Marvel United but decided against it.
The last 2 CMONs I pledged for weren't nearly as good as they seemed, especially at these prices.

Might just pick up a used copy of Legendary to get the "same" gameplay sans mini's.
I really enjoy playing Legendary. I mostly backed United because I want to paint the miniatures. The game looks very basic and honestly I've yet to see anything that shows this game is any more thematic than Legendary is anyway.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I really enjoy playing Legendary. I mostly backed United because I want to paint the miniatures. The game looks very basic and honestly I've yet to see anything that shows this game is any more thematic than Legendary is anyway.
I own the Alien Encounters one and it's great. Great theme, lots of different strategies to try out and plenty of replayability.
Is the regular Marvel one (2012) a recommendation or is the Secret Wars variant better ?

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I own the Alien Encounters one and it's great. Great theme, lots of different strategies to try out and plenty of replayability.
Is the regular Marvel one (2012) a recommendation or is the Secret Wars variant better ?
You have to have the base have to start. From there you can add expansions. I honestly think the secret wars ones are pretty weak. I like the hulk and x men expansions for the larger ones.