• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
My son only watches the shortend youtube clips before going onto something else. If I try to put on regularly, he gets bored and wants to watch something else.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they can't show the fart episode when they're clearly hung over on the whale watching one lol

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Had a Bluey Day and watched the first five episodes of the new season with my kids today. Going to try to spread them out as much as possible!

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Are they releasing in chunks? I watched the Turtleboy episode on YouTube but didn't see the ending and was hoping to finish today, but I'm not seeing it

pwrshll

Oct 27, 2017
I love Bluey. My kids love Bluey. But god damn this show will make you feel like a shit parent no matter what. It sets unrealistic parental expectations damnit!

I explained it to my kids that we're only seeing a small portion of their day. And that they don't necessarily make episodes of the dull moments.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
My youngest loves Bluey. I will have it on all day everyday if it means I don't have to listen to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Which is in and of itself a step up from Pink Fong. Which has better than Cocomelon. Which is nowhere near as bad as Little Baby Bum.

Pre-K programming is the absolute worst outside a few sanity-preserving gems like Bluey and Octonauts.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I showed my 5 year old twins Bluey. They thought it was fine, but aren't clamoring to re-watch it like other shows. I do think the excitement from new millennial parents to be odd though. Like I get being excited to share something with your kids, but this is still just a pre-school show like Daniel Tiger but less patronizing and with modern humor.

After hearing the hype, I was expecting something closer to Gravity Falls or Steven Universe, something made for kids and adults, but this is strictly young childhood programming. It sounded like people were watching this with or without their kids, which like I said, seems odd.

Still, it's more entertaining than most childhood programming so I'll give it that.

Oct 25, 2017
It's time we admit Bluey is the successor to The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Bob's Burgers. A clever, well written family sitcom where you laugh, relate and cry. This should be airing on Prime Time and I say that without a hint of exaggeration.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say the Planets episode Sleepytime is spectacular (I know this is off topic as that was season 2)

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
After hearing the hype, I was expecting something closer to Gravity Falls or Steven Universe, something made for kids and adults, but this is strictly young childhood programming. It sounded like people were watching this with or without their kids, which like I said, seems odd.

I don't have kids myself, but I've been watching a lot of bluey with my niece and nephews, and I've actually caught myself watching the odd episode by myself on occasion. Some of them are beautiful in their simplicity, and the humour is legit funny even for adults.

My ten year old niece told me that I'm just like Blueys dad, and I took that as a huge compliment. Mostly.

Gotta say the Planets episode Sleepytime is spectacular (I know this is off topic as that was season 2)

Yup. That's a beautiful piece of TV.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
They may have already been there for a while now, but my kids just noticed today that the two fart-referencing episodes that were previously not available are, well, now available. The Season 3 total episode count has gone up from 25 to 27. So, heads-up!

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
They may have already been there for a while now, but my kids just noticed today that the two fart-referencing episodes that were previously not available are, well, now available. The Season 3 total episode count has gone up from 25 to 27. So, heads-up!
All they need to do now is publish the rest of the season

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
My 3 kids, wife and I absolutely LOVE this show. Kids are 9 and 7 (twins) and the humor is totally relatable as a parent as well. Can't wait to check out S3 with the kids when they get home from school.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The NPR podcast "Pop Culture Happy Hour" had an episode on Bluey and one of the hosts said, "If Disney slapped a Pixar logo on this episode and showed it before Toy Story 5 or whatever, it would win an Oscar for best animated short." And I don't really disagree.

Also Smoochy Kiss is one of my favorite episodes of the show now, and not just because of the Metal Gear reference.

Oct 28, 2017
The NPR podcast "Pop Culture Happy Hour" had an episode on Bluey and one of the hosts said, "If Disney slapped a Pixar logo on this episode and showed it before Toy Story 5 or whatever, it would win an Oscar for best animated short." And I don't really disagree.

Also Smoochy Kiss is one of my favorite episodes of the show now, and not just because of the Metal Gear reference.

That is 100% true, it was that good.

Also, what Metal Gear Reference?

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
on top of sleepytime, I think "Handstand" - where the whole extended fam/freinds are over for a party, and each group is doing an activity over and over (kids kicking football through the window, little kids pushing cars, bingo trying to do a handstand and get someone to watch, and the grandma trying to help or play with everyone) was a damn work of art.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the bump, I just watched Bluey, and my Toddler is asleep and the older kids are all at school.

So funny