• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Sony wouldn't care. They also excluded Ueda from the Shadow of the Colossus Remaster, although he wanted to contribute to the development.
I don't think they deliberately excluded Ueda. Probably they don't ask me anything for involuntary disinterest though Ueda given also his support to Bluepoint during the development.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
..why should Capcom allow someone else to make the RE3 remake when they are perfectly capable of doing it on their own, especially with a bunch of Raccoon City assets ready to go

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Jason hinted it's coming.

Re-envisioning Open world Boletaria, Demon Souls

latest

giphy.gif
What? Where?

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
I think it's Demon's Souls, but man, I want Ape Escape.
Also I hope they do the MGS collection again for PS5. Or just one of the first three MGS games really well.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
A "re-envisioning" is concerning if it really is Demon's Souls. They don't actually need to do much of anything with that, or at least shouldn't. Like, add the missing archstone at most. Definitely don't fuck with how the game plays or how it's designed. Definitely don't make the combat like Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne, I can't believe I'm reading people calling for that in this thread? I have to assume people who never liked Demon's to begin with. Completely misunderstands what makes that game so great and special in the first place. Why would you want to take the most unique game in the franchise and make it just like the others?

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A "re-envisioning" is concerning if it really is Demon's Souls. They don't actually need to do much of anything with that, or at least shouldn't. Like, add the missing archstone at most. Definitely don't fuck with how the game plays or how it's designed. Definitely don't make the combat like Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne, I can't believe I'm reading people calling for that in this thread? I have to assume people who never liked Demon's to begin with. Completely misunderstands what makes that game so great and special in the first place. Why would you want to take the most unique game in the franchise and make it just like the others?

Demons Souls gameplay is janky as fuck when considering the improvements from DS1 through 3. Nostalgia glasses blind some people.

No, don't make the combat like Bloodborne, but they need to implement some of the improvements from Dark Souls.

It needs 60FPS and some SOTFS-like improvements.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Demons Souls gameplay is janky as fuck when considering the improvements from DS1 through 3. Nostalgia glasses blind some people.

No, don't make the combat like Bloodborne, but they need to implement some of the improvements from Dark Souls.

It needs 60FPS and some SOTFS-like improvements.
The concern is in putting emphasis on combat at all, the game is not combat focused the way the later games are. Though in response to your jank comment, I feel like Dark Souls felt jankier? I haven't played DeS in a good while in fairness because I'm pretty much an exclusively PC gamer now, but I remember even at the time going from DeS to DaS that the latter felt at least clunkier. Am I wrong? I actually would like to hear from others because that could well be misremembering from how long it's been. But the point is, please don't over-emphasize combat. Please don't "fix" those "boring" boss fights that lack complexity, which I feel like would naturally follow from that. Please just don't fuck with this beautiful game ._.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The concern is in putting emphasis on combat at all, the game is not combat focused the way the later games are. Though in response to your jank comment, I feel like Dark Souls felt jankier? I haven't played DeS in a good while in fairness because I'm pretty much an exclusively PC gamer now, but I remember even at the time going from DeS to DaS that the latter felt at least clunkier. Am I wrong? I actually would like to hear from others because that could well be misremembering from how long it's been. But the point is, please don't over-emphasize combat. Please don't "fix" those "boring" boss fights that lack complexity, which I feel like would naturally follow from that. Please just don't fuck with this beautiful game ._.

I've hammered my Asian ENGLISH "white sticky stuff" copy a million times, but when it went free on PS+ a while back for PS3 diving back into it after playing Dark Souls let me see just how rough some bits are.

I'm not talking about overhauling everything as such, but improvements to movement, rolling and some of the combat. I trust Bluepoint if this is their next project, but I also would expect From Software and Miyazaki would not allow something that does a disservice to their break out game to be released.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I think it's pretty safe to say no one saw the Shadow of the Colossus remake coming given it had already had a pretty good remaster on PS3,so I think Demon's Souls is absolutely in the running to be Blue Points next project.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that Demon's Souls fans would like anyone to "re-envision" that game [like Capcom re-envisioned RE2].

Over the years I got the impression that fans of that game want a ambitious visually-stunning SotC-like port without changing core systems like traversal, combat, pacing, char development systems, gameworld design, enemy AI, etc.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
He wanted to provide support. All his ideas got rejected.
Source? Because from what I remember he liked to work on the project and he had some idea about it but Sony didn't asked to him anything before to start the project. It's far different to refuse and reject his ideas. And he given his support to Bluepoint at the end.

Last edited:

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Then we have the demo souls fans, but

MGS1, I would shit my pants.
if it's metal gear solid i'm gonna die
i think something like the OG deus ex would be even better but that's not going to happen so i just hope it's metal gear solid
Metal Gear 1 seems to be more likely.
If they're describing it as a "Re-envisioning", it's probably going to be exceptionally different, and Metal Gear 1, with it's ties to the later games being pretty vague (Not to mention MGSV practically ending where that game starts, with added retcons that need to be smoothed over..) is exactly the sort of game that deserves to be completely redone.
Something like Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes I guess? A remake that adds new stuff and updates the rest.
OG Metal Gear, let's go.
Yeah my bet is on MGS as well.
I would love to see Metal Gear 1
Feels like a PS1 title. Put me on the Metal Gear train.
It's Metal Gear Solid!
It would be one hell of a demanding project, to re-envision MGS. To bring the original MGS in line with MGSV in its gameplay, and in line with the rest of the franchise in detail and scope, would be a serious undertaking that would require reimagining many aspects of the original game. Given everything they've said so far about their next project, MGS just seems right. MGS is their bridge to designing and creating their own AAA IPs, because remaking MGS will be like making a brand new game in many respects.
Oh my god.... PLEASE
Yeah I don't need a mgs remake but I am so on board with this.
Please let it be MGS.
Metal Gear hopefully.
Gotta be Metal Gear Solid It's like the last big 90s game that hasn't gotten a modern remake
My money's on Metal Gear Solid.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

electroaffe

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
Source? Because from what I remember he liked to work on the project and he had some idea about it but Sony didn't asked to him anything before to start the project. It's far different to refuse and reject his ideas. And he given his support at the end.

He stated it clearly in an interview that he wanted to change certain aspects and his ideas got rejected. I'll try to find the source later.

But whatever. At least they don't need Miyazaki's blessing and they probably couldn't care less about what Miyzaki/From wants.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
He stated it clearly in an interview that he wanted to change certain aspects and his ideas got rejected. I'll try to find the source later.

But whatever. At least they don't need Miyazaki's blessing and they probably couldn't care less about what Miyzaki/From wants.
I suspect you have completely misunderstand his words. Ueda never claimed something like that.

Last edited:

lightchris

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm not usually interested in remasters and remakes, but a re-envisioning of games where there's a lot of new content or even mechanics.. sounds interesting.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
But didn't they already said RE3 remake won't be made by capcom while they are working on RE8
Capcom has completely restructured the japanese company and cut off all the western studios partneship/collaboration, because they said to not need anymore of external support from the others software house for their future projects. Everything will be made by them because they have enough know-how and employers for any projects. So not seems coherent to their recent internal "policies" what you said.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why are so many posters hoping or betting it's MGS? Is there any evidence that substantiates this? Was there some credible rumor floating around?

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want a "re-envisioning" of Demon's Souls without Miyazaki involved. Just like I don't want a "re-envisioning" of Dark Souls without Miyazaki involved, even if they re-did Lost Izalith.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I dearly hope it's Demon Souls. That game actually needs a lot of refinement of the mechanics and polishing up environments (and potentially add a completely discarded area). So re-envisioning sounds apt.