• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Everybody seems to think this is Demon's Souls, but I wouldn't be so sure, and I will tell you why.

In a job listing, Bluepoint Games mentioned they would be working on the most advanced home consoles, as in plural. If this statement is true, then their game is not exclusive to the PS5 and would likely be on Xbox Scarlett as well. Demon's Souls is owned by Sony.

Now there is an off chance that they could be referring to the PS4 and PS5, but the PS4 by that point would not be the "most advanced console".

With that said, I would be more than happy with Demon's Souls as I never finished the original after I bought it on launch day. One of the only games i regret not finishing.
They literally said they won't talk about the game without Sony's permission, it's an exclusive.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's all but confirmed to be Demon's Souls remake. Personally, I couldn't be happier.

Demon's Souls is possibly my favourite game of all time, so the thought of a remake on PS5, with hopefully the Land of the Giants added, makes me rock solid! I'll bust a nut when this is official

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I must have missed this statement. Could you post it here? and if that is true then i assume it will be a cross-gen title considering the mention of multiple consoles.
It's in the OP

Thrush refrained from going into any details by noting that the studio will only start talking when Sony is ready to make an official announcement. For now, let it be known that the current undertaking for PlayStation 5 is probably the biggest challenge Bluepoint Games has faced in comparison to previous projects.

I hope they will add an easy mode, so more people can enjoy the game.
Why do you want the world to burn?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if it wasn't Demons Souls, Bluepoint would have come out and said it. No reason to let massive hype build up for something when it's actually something else. They are obviously aware of the Demons Souls talk so I take their silence as a good indicator that it is Demons Souls.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
It's a remake, why would Sony have a marketing deal for it? But even if that was the case Sony shouldn't have any claim on Bluepoint talking about it.
Thats true, though they did do a timed thing with Crash, which was logical considering its history. Well my guess would be a cross gen game then, which i think is fine. Shadow of Colossus looked great on PS4.

Thank you by the way for clearing that up for me.

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody mentioned the possibility of a Demon's Souls remaster yet? Because it seems like that might be a good one.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys they already remade Demon's Souls. It's called Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodborne.

:D

But seriously I hope it's something way more exciting than that lol.

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
Bought a ps3 for demons souls
Bought a ps4 for bloodborne
Will buy a ps5 for demon souls Umbasa edition

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's demon souls I'll be super disappointed. Love Bluepoints work though. Wish they did MGS or something else personally.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If it's demon souls I'll be super disappointed. Love Bluepoints work though. Wish they did MGS or something else personally.

PREPARE TO DI
SSAPOINT

Maybe you're joking, but an easy mode would not work in the Souls games, as a big part of their appeal is the feeling of pride you get when overcoming obstacles.

Maybe you're joking, but Demon's Souls is the one Souls Game that actually DOES have an easy mode.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Wonder how people playing Demon's Souls for the first time will feel about it after playing all the Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro games.

They might find it too simplistic and bosses too easy and gimmicky after all those crazy multi phase bosses of the above games.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how people playing Demon's Souls for the first time will feel about it after playing all the Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro games.

They might find it too simplistic and bosses too easy and gimmicky after all those crazy multi phase bosses of the above games.

Well if it's a re-envisioning, i imagine the gameplay will be updated with all the new features introduced in the sequels. Like, i would expect all-directional roll instead of the 4-way roll in Demons.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Guys they already remade Demon's Souls. It's called Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodborne.

:D

But seriously I hope it's something way more exciting than that lol.

All of those (except Bloodborne) are vastly inferior to Demon's Souls from an art design standpoint. In fact, Bloodborne is so memorable because they went back to Demon's Souls, specifically the Tower of Latria, for the design inspiration.

Dark Souls 3 comes to closest to matching Demon's Souls out of the trilogy, but still misses the more horrific elements.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I feel like if it wasn't Demons Souls, Bluepoint would have come out and said it. No reason to let massive hype build up for something when it's actually something else. They are obviously aware of the Demons Souls talk so I take their silence as a good indicator that it is Demons Souls.
Are you kidding, they aren't silents at all and participate on building the hype :

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Are you kidding, they aren't silents at all and participate on building the hype :

You seem to not see the nature of those tweets, though. The first one directly references multiple franchises, including Legend of Dragoon and Syphon Filter. I wouldn't take these tweets as anything more than playful trolling.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
You seem to not see the nature of those tweets, though. The first one directly references multiple franchises, including Legend of Dragoon and Syphon Filter. I wouldn't take these tweets as anything more than playful trolling.
I think I do, thanks...
I answered to a post saying they were silent, which is not the case. Playful trolling isn't being silent.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
The hype built by 500 people on the Internet, sure...

Hype build by articles in gaming publications and websites saying stuff like "Could Bluepoint be working on a Demon's Souls remake?"

If it was just this forum talking about it, that would be one thing but it's gone farther than that.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Hmm. both of those make it seem like they're working on two games, not one. "A symphony of rumors- not one, but two"

and

To classics we play= Two classics, we play

Obviously there's a god-tier level of trolling involved, but that one stands out

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon souls is kinda bad and to update it you'd have to change it a bit, IDK if I trust someone who's not FROM to update it faithfully 🤷. I guess we'll see.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm warming up to the idea of DS remake. What if From follows it up with Demons Souls 2 instead of Bloodborne 2?

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
Demons Souls heavily disappoints me. Yes, It deserves a larger audience, and I's be fine with a remaster, however, if they are going in the remake route, I feel like a PS1 or PS2 title would be more deserving. A PS3 game just seems too recent, not to mention a Souls game not by FROM feels wrong.. Imagine a Soul Reaver, MGS, or SOCOM remake. My dream scenario would be a remaster for PS4 and PS5, with the PS5 being ready for launch and with ray tracing, and then a remake in 2021.