• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

Congratulations @castlepixel for 100.000+ copies sold of #BlossomTales for #NintendoSwitch🎉 This humble development team, longtime fans of Nintendo games, almost went bankrupt after the Steam release..Then the Switch community came to the rescue.🤗Thank you so much!❤️

Remember the small beginnings that this game had by looking at the following thread where the publisher congratulated the Switch version of the game for outselling the Steam version on day one with around less than 5000 sales back in December 2017:

Last edited:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'm really glad this game found an audience. It was a lovingly crafted game and a real treat for any old school Zelda fan while also having an identity of its own.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats to the team! A really solid Zelda-like I enjoyed my time with. Glad they saw that level of success.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I keep meaning to pick this up but I'm not sure if I want it on Switch or Steam because I'm a filthy achievement whore.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this have a demo on Steam in the past? Don't see it there anymore. Would recommend trying the demo if it's still available somewhere. I played it for a little while on NSW but couldn't truck with it.

One of the weirdest things I read was in an AMA of theirs they said they couldn't figure out how to do smooth screen transitions like in every Zelda since NES. It fades to black in their game IIRC. I'm sure it's much more complicated than it seems, but it got a chuckle out of me.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Any word on what Castle Pixel is working on next? I would imagine they'd do a direct follow up to Blossom Tale.

Anyways congrats to them on their success!

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Congrats to the team :)

Still, some indies skipping Switch and leaving money on the table.

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
I bought the physical version last week from LRG. I've never played it, been wanting to.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it today (LRG release on Switch). In the end I thought it was just okay, it started off nicely, but fairly soon it's clear the game can't quite compete with its peers. There's a few too many repeated puzzles (if I see another block puzzle today I might go on a rampage), waaaaay too many rooms filled to the brim with enemies (the enemy placement in general sucks) and what promises to be a fun narrative device (think Princess Bride) ends up being under-utilized. Considering the lack of variety in gameplay, the game is also too big and goes on too long. It's still a decent Zelda-like and might be worth it at a sale, but looks are a bit deceiving; the resemblance is only skin-deep.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Amazing news for a game I LOVE!!!
I really hope they have been working on a sequel these last years - I want a 20 hour adventure from them!!

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Played the demo, enjoyed it, bought it today. Can't wait to dig into it.