• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the least surprising thing ever. Pelosi, Schumer as well, know that their days are numbered if the AOC and Sander's types take control of the party and get public support to back up their goals.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Medicare for All isn't the way to go"
"We shouldn't take things too left and alienate the base in the midwest"

These are definitely the views of someone that would be considered "progressive" and totally not of someone that has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo of American politics.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
nancy pelosi is worth 120 million dollars

i feel this fact should be appended to basically everything she says

Pelosi's net worth has fuck all to do with anything. That's just more of the left doing the job of the right and tearing down its own people.

Some people on this forum try to act like the election is a black and white issue but it's not. There are huge chunks of this country that aren't ready for that big of a switch but don't like Trump. If the democrats keep trying to "out-left" each other they're going to alienate a huge chunk of the country and Trump is going to get re-elected.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
This is the same women who to be dragged kicking and screaming into starting impeachment proceedings...
And who was also smart enough to let Trump hang himself rather than jumping the gun. If they impeached him based on the Mueller report we wouldn't have gotten any where. Instead we have this Ukraine issue which is really easy for the public to understand and has multiple people coming out, in public, to say Trump did something wrong.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi's net worth has fuck all to do with anything. That's just more of the left doing the job of the right and tearing down its own people.

Some people on this forum try to act like the election is a black and white issue but it's not. There are huge chunks of this country that aren't ready for that big of a switch but don't like Trump. If the democrats keep trying to "out-left" each other they're going to alienate a huge chunk of the country and Trump is going to get re-elected.

Pelosi's "people" are the 1%.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, minor outside factors like losing the election despite getting millions of more votes, the real scandal is how the establishment is smearing liberal icon Tulsi Gabbard.

Why are you quoting me and bring up Tulsi, I've not really taken her seriously this primary and have barely mentioned her. It's people like you who are signal boosting Gabbard, who only went up a tiny bit in the polls because Clinton attacked her. She is irreverent and you'd be hard pressed to find me saying that she is a liberal icon, or anything nice at all.

You don't have to like her to believe she may be right, at least on an issue like universal healthcare. Americans flipped the hell out with just Obamacare and gave Democrats one of their worst elections after it was enacted. And the Democratic base is not that progressive whether you want to admit it or not. Much less progressive Hillary beat Sanders in 2016, and centrist Biden was the clear front runner for months in this cycle. Warren has certainly risen lately, but the most progressive candidate, Sanders again, is treading water, and Mayor Pete is still staying alive especially in places like Iowa since his centrist swing. It's at best a mixed bag for progressives among the Democratic base, which means that it will be even worse for them among independents and voters in swing states.

There is a reason why Pete is staying alive has much more to do with the following, much less to do that he is in the center:

EIdRbF5XkAA6Yhe

f4N6iZr.png

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
And who was also smart enough to let Trump hang himself rather than jumping the gun. If they impeached him based on the Mueller report we wouldn't have gotten any where. Instead we have this Ukraine issue which is really easy for the public to understand and has multiple people coming out, in public, to say Trump did something wrong.

so if this Ukraine thing never happened it would have been okay for her to still do nothing?

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017

Why would doing the same thing that lost be the way to go?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Sanders is the only one among these candidates who will mostly likely bring true change to American policy, partially because he is not all that concerned about having to find some middle ground to appease the Republicans, and a lot of what he is talking about in regards to health insurance feels close to our system in Northern Europe. It is also because of this that he is the least likely to get elected because too many Democrats, especially those with Republican ties, are more concerned about winning votes than bringing true change. It is a sad thing to observe as an outsider.
Let's not forget, they are more concerned with protecting their own superior healthcare and wealth.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen this news before. Assuming that leak can be trusted, that is honestly pretty fucked up.
It was a common thought at the time that Trump winning would destroy the Republican party and Jeb would beat Hillary in the popular vote (there were polls showing Jeb would, and, honestly, Jeb probably would've beaten her more than Trump).

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Unless you think class interests are not a thing, the fact that she is rich is absolutely of note to the reality that the things she argues are politically savvy are also exactly the things that allow her to keep vast swaths of her personal wealth. Funny how that is!

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
It was a common thought at the time that Trump winning would destroy the Republican party and Jeb would beat Hillary in the popular vote (there were polls showing Jeb would, and, honestly, Jeb probably would've beaten her more than Trump).
Good thing the DNC took that risk for us. It's much better than random user writing in Elizabeth Warren.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I can absolutely understand thinking that, but the fact that the DNC actively worked to (ultimately) get us Trump is just...rough.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing the DNC took that risk for us. It's much better than random user writing in Elizabeth Warren.
Random's not voting or writing in is what got us Trump in the end. Hillary was not a good campaigner and all that, yeah, but our best chance at not having a pub was for Hillary to win, and Hillary's best chance to win was probably Trump.

And, honestly, I feel like a competent Jeb with a bigger Senate and House margin would've been worse. Maybe no kids in cages but definitely a lot more deregulation, destruction of healthcare, war, and the like. Trump's incompetence has stopped a lot of his ideas from being put into law.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Medicare for All isn't the way to go"
"We shouldn't take things too left and alienate the base in the midwest"

These are definitely the views of someone that would be considered "progressive" and totally not of someone that has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo of American politics.

Or... You know, it's what she actually thinks.

Are we forgetting that it was Pelosi who whipped up the votes in the House to include a Public Option in the ACA bill?

Like, if it wasn't for Republicans we'd have it right now. And somehow, she's the focus of people's anger and frustrations.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I read this as : "Remember to fall in line with my donors you tossers"

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Unless you think class interests are not a thing, the fact that she is rich is absolutely of note to the reality that the things she argues are politically savvy are also exactly the things that allow her to keep vast swaths of her personal wealth. Funny how that is!
Bernie is rich

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is like the first time I'm hearing about this..
Well, I didn't know this either. Of course, after the DNC thing, this is just the cherry on top of the shit pie.
According to several Trump sources (and one Clinton source) who spoke to the Post, the two men spoke over the phone in late May, shortly before Trump announced his run in June. During the call, the Trump sources said, Clinton "encouraged Trump's efforts to play a larger role in the Republican Party" and "analyzed Trump's prospects and his desire to rouse the G.O.P. base."

That conversation, said the anonymous Trump sources, certainly didn't discourage the billionaire to run: while Clinton never outright told Trump to enter the race, he reportedly told Trump that he was "striking a chord with frustrated conservatives and was a rising force on the right," and his tone was supposedly "encouraging."

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Pelosi's days are numbered anyway. Time keeps moving on and progress will inevitably occur. She can decide what side of history she'd prefer to be on.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or... You know, it's what she actually thinks.

Are we forgetting that it was Pelosi who whipped up the votes in the House to include a Public Option in the ACA bill?

Like, if it wasn't for Republicans we'd have it right now. And somehow, she's the focus of people's anger and frustrations.
It's possible for her to do good things in the past and also fail the current political moment we're in.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I mean come on now, you really think she predicted the Ukraine thing? She just got extremely lucky with it. She wasn't playing smart. Give me a break. How long did it take for Trump to *hang* himself? 3 years in, think about that for a second.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Learning about this actually pisses me off even more, I though I knew all the wrong decisions Democrats made in 2016, yet years later I learn something shocking like this.

One of the main things that pissed me of in 2016 was no one else was encouraged to run in the Dem Primary in 2016... Donor class had said Clinton, Clintons said Clinton and everyone played along. Dem leadership totally failed in every possible way, & that made Trump happen. It's like the headline says they played 4D-Chess against themselves, and I'm not just blaming just the Clintons. Every single person with some influence could have changed this - Obama, Biden, Warren, Palosi, DWS, Kerry, Gore etc. they didn't it's super frustrating

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Learning about this actually pisses me off even more, I though I knew all the wrong decisions Democrats made in 2016, yet years later I learn something shocking like this.

One of the main things that pissed me of in 2016 was no one else was encouraged to run in the Dem Primary in 2016... Donor class had said Clinton, Clintons said Clinton and everyone played along. Dem leadership totally failed in every possible way, & that made Trump happen. It's like the headline says they played 4D-Chess against themselves, and I'm not just blaming just the Clintons. Every single person with some influence could have changed this - Obama, Biden, Warren, Palosi, DWS, Kerry, Gore etc. they didn't it's super frustrating

*Bernie losses primary by millions of votes* "There are institutional reasons why bernie lost this election, it was practically rigged"

*Hillary wins general by millions of votes and losses undemocratic EC* "Fucking dems need to learn how to campaign!"

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
bill clinton encouraged trump to run in the first place
yup

These people aren't political masterminds they're just powerful
*Bernie losses primary by millions of votes* "There are institutional reasons why bernie lost this election, it was practically rigged"

*Hillary wins general by millions of votes and losses undemocratic EC* "Fucking dems need to learn how to campaign!"
It's almost as if the 2016 Democratic Primary and General election were completely different events

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was calling for Warren to run up until November 2015 when I realized she wouldn't. That's more than I can say about Dem Leadership:

EIdtJ-DWkAAlr3r

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I can't stand her defeatist attitude. If the ideas are good, but they are not playing well in those areas, the idea is to not shy away from them, but do a better job in your messaging.

Quit being a lazy politician and do a better job selling your ideas to the American People.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
My only concern is the "Medicare for All" thing. There have been way too many polls suggesting that most people like their private insurance (probably because of the "Fuck you. I got mine" mentality). Telling people you're going to take it away is a disaster waiting to happen. They better pivot the fuck back to the middle and embrace Mayor Pete's "Why not both?" approach.

OP
OP

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

People don't like insurance. They like their doctors. People change insurance all of the time when they get a new employer or when the employer decides to get new insurance.