• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Like she did to him? I'm just waiting to see how it's not okay for jason to clap back when she's done it multiple times.

She did multiple times. Why should she get a pass for bad journalism and underminding jason in public?

are you 15? what is this clap back crap.

these are adults with careers and lives, stop trying to clap back, and just be decent.

focus on those who actually deserves the ire of the internet.

playing the petty game doesn't do anyone any good.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
I REALLY don't care about Jason. I care about people saying stupid and hurtful shit. I understand the argument that Jason pointing out this shit is going to give the girl grief. Reminder she got grief for reporting on the the seizure stuff and assholes responded by sending her more seizure inducing patterns. IMO there's a huge difference between criticizing someone's professionalism, and the crazy shit the CDPR stands tried to do to her.

If there is a mia culpa that I missed, fair enough, Jason should let shit die(and he seemingly deleted his tweet, probably because of the way sexist gamers will use it as an excuse to brigade). But I have an extremely low opinion of this person's work if she isn't going to own up to the stupid shit she said. And the gross way all these dumbass influencers with CDPR chairs started trying to get friendly with her. It's fucking gross and stupid.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A very basic and somewhat misleading view of what happened, but it was certainly part of it.

51u4urw8rUL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A really fascinating read. Xerox was truly one of the most innovative companies of all time.
ooh gonna check this out, thanks!

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

these are adults with careers and lives, stop trying to clap back, and just be decent.

focus on those who actually deserves the ire of the inteener
She attacked him because he wrote a negative piece against cdpr and she disagreed. she is being defended because of that. She doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt here. She doesn't deserve to be attacked by fans but she doesn't deserve to be defended either.

If there is a mia culpa that I missed, fair enough, Jason should let shit die(and he seemingly deleted his tweet, probably because of the way sexist gamers will use it as an excuse to brigade). But I have an extremely low opinion of this person's work if she isn't going to own up to the stupid shit she said. And the gross way all these dumbass influencers with CDPR chairs started trying to get friendly with her. It's fucking gross and stupid.
Yes exactly

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017

focus on those who actually deserves the ire of the internet.

playing the petty game doesn't do anyone any good.

You think a news organization that does misleading reporting, even misleadingly interating on Jason's reporting of today, doesn't "deserve ire"?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Schreier does great reporting it's just a shame about his personal demeanor and the way he conducts arguments online. He's super vindictive and extremely petty on the regular, seems like, and using a professional article as a bludgeon to attack someone is a bad look.

It's a trend with him, unfortunately. Have the utmost respect for the work he does and it is sorely needed, but the hubris with which he conducts himself online sometimes is tiresome. Reeks of self-importance and ego. I get it, the criticism that he gets for some of his honest reporting isn't cool in the slightest. Rise above it though. Given the platform he has, that kind of behaviour, especially towards a female journalist, is massively irresponsible.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She attacked him because he wrote a negative piece against cdpr and she disagreed. she is being defended because of that. She doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt here. She doesn't deserve to be attacked by fans but she doesn't deserve to be defended either.

Yes exactly
While they've had beef in the past, Jason is the aggressor in this instance and the way he phrased things wasn't cool. The dude didn't delete the Tweet for no reason.

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
The blatant tribalism about this stuff is so damn embarrassing. There's a reason he deleted the tweet.

Oct 27, 2017
Like she did to him? I'm just waiting to see how it's not okay for jason to clap back when she's done it multiple times.

She did multiple times. Why should she get a pass for bad journalism and underminding jason in public?
I mean yea, that ties into the whole downplaying crunch part of my post. Make no mistake she has deliberately done it as a pattern, and it's gross.

But you need to realize he has a much bigger platform than she does, and the way twitter (and the internet as a whole) works, is shit sucks waaaaay more for women, when there's a hate mob at them.

That's literally the only reason I think he shouldn't have done that (and that's probably the main reason he deleted the tweet).

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yea, that ties into the whole downplaying crunch part of my post. Make no mistake she has deliberately done it as a pattern, and it's gross.

But you need to realize he has a much bigger platform than she does, and the way twitter (and the internet as a whole) works, is shit sucks waaaaay more for women, when there's a hate mob at them.

That's literally the only reason I think he shouldn't have done that (and that's probably the main reason he deleted the tweet).
I agree with you. it's not fair how she's being attacked like that.

While they've had beef in the past, Jason is the aggressor in this instance and the way he phrased things wasn't cool. The dude didn't delete the Tweet for no reason.
That's fair, I don't disagree with you at all.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
The typical Internet hate GAMER mob is comprised of the type of people who absolutely love CDPR's politics, so I don't think downplaying crunch would strike a nerve there.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'd love to see the devs leaving and forming a new studio. There are clearly a lot of very talented people over there, but the management is terrible and the company culture is rotten.

It sucks however that they're in Poland. Not the biggest talent pool for a new studio and not the easiest place to recruit internationally considering the pay is much worse than it is in Western Europe.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Her defending crunch is making it worst, so it's okay for her to attack him and undermine his article? but it's not okay for him to call her out on the bullshit?
I wish zombae would just show people how valuable she is. She's incredible. But she gets more attention when she plays the victim card. She's been doing it for most of this year.

Don't get me wrong, she absolutely is a victim. She is absolutely entitled to say what she wants. She is absolutely entitled to criticize people. She has been wronged, absolutely. I just know that she is hamstringing herself with that.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jason calling out publications that downplay crunch is wrong because?

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes exactly
Honestly this is getting pretty absurd. I vaguely remember the entire argument they made, but this(in bold) did NOT happen. She did not attack him over reporting of CDPR crunch. The clip of how this started is in this tread even.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Jason just randomly decided to fire off that tweet. Game Informer is using his original reporting to get clicks while omitting context that he considers to be essential.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
This is really the tweet? Is my outrage-o-meter broken?

Seems incredibly benign.
He could have worded it better but that's more negligence than maliciousness.
That must make both of us, because I don't see what all the rage is about over this tweet.
Feel the same.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never know what to make of Schreier. He's petty, vindictive, self-important.....and a vital journalist.

Wish there were more of his reporting dedication who had smaller messianic complexes.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Well I have absolutely zero platform so I will comfortably say I think this person sucks. They should try and do better, and acknowledge that they've said bad stuff about crunch that they regret.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is really the tweet? Is my outrage-o-meter broken?

Seems incredibly benign.

It's accurate, benign, and exclusively focuses on the actual subject matter. And it's an incredibly timely topic, pertinent to new reporting of his released today. I have to raise an eyebrow at those reacting to it as though it were directed harassment or vapid gloating.

Last edited:

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I wish zombae would just show people how valuable she is. She's incredible. But she gets more attention when she plays the victim card. She's been doing it for most of this year.

Don't get me wrong, she absolutely is a victim. She is absolutely entitled to say what she wants. She is absolutely entitled to criticize people. She has been wronged, absolutely. I just know that she is hamstringing herself with that.
I put Zombae's tweet in because I really liked her wording, but she's not the one being attacked right now? Also this post with the "victim card"? So gross

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The point for Jason I think is that the GI article is basically rewriting his article from today. That's fine as long as proper credit is given, most outlets do it. The problem is that the GI author paraphrased and softened critical quotes with their own language (e.g. 'additional hours' when the employee said 'crunch'). Considering the previous history (GI referencing crunch headlines as 'inflammatory' and citing 'Polish labor laws' (a thoroughly debunked argument)), I can see why he would be upset. However, it's unprofessional and he can't be 100% sure the author wasn't just a little negligent with their writing.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017

"He's being mean about it" apparently.

Look, I'm sure Liana Rupert is a nice person, but in an industry that is actively burning out talent at a record pace, maybe there should be a more vocal discussion about workplace culture, and when you had talk about crunch having a negative affect on the CP team MONTHS ago downplayed and saying quote "people were voluntarily doing overtime because it served their best interest" is not helping.

It's amazing that one of the few people who has a proven history of actually trying to push for positive change in an industry fucking FILLED with fluff-piece writers is getting shit on because "this ain't how we do, man".

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It's accurate, benign, and exclusively focuses on the actual subject matter. I have to raise an eyebrow at those reacting to it as though it were directed harassments or petty gloating.

The narrative seems to be "he has a big following and it's his fault that Twitter trolls are going to decide to pick on the one woman involved in the reporting". People seem to feel that if a reporter does something unethical with his own reporting, Jason is supposed to keep his mouth shut about it if that reporter happens to be a woman?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest blunder, this or Avengers?

I mean atleast CP made back its budget...

There's no comparison. The moment Avengers was shown off people started to lose interest. Cyberpunk was the most anticipated video game of this generation from 2013 to it's release. "CP made back it's budget" isn't a good argument when people are banging down their door asking for their money back.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
I feel so awful for the devs and I'm glad they were able to be blunt with management. If it's any solace, I'm still enjoying the PC version despite the bugs and stuff. But it's such a shame that things happened the way they did.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why did
asked about this crunch time in the Q&A
Become
inquired about the additional hours put in leading up to launch

And why did
asked whether CD Projekt's directors felt it was hypocritical to make a game about corporate exploitation while expecting that their employees work overtime.
Become
asking if the board thought it was at all hypocritical when looking at the entire premise of Cyberpunk 2077 being anti-corporation and abuse when looking at the current situation

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the full context from the Game Informer article.

An additional staff member reportedly went for the jugular when asking if the board thought it was at all hypocritical when looking at the entire premise of Cyberpunk 2077 being anti-corporation and abuse when looking at the current situation. Bloomberg doesn't say the response, but they note that it was "vague and noncommittal."

As far as I can see, crunch isn't touched upon in the article. The section quoted is hypocritical because of the crunch, but it is omitted for no reason, and now it just doesn't make any sense. We're talking going out of your way to not touch on crunch, something that Game Informer previously has denied was a thing. It's disgusting.

It's good that the health issues are adressed and many other issues but covering up for crunch is just not ok.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There is a disproportionate amount of harassment women in games journalism experience and this absolutely was not going to help the situation.

You can be critical of some of the reporting, but it was unprofessional, and she would experience the blowback far harder than Jason ever would. It's irresponsible to use your platform like that, and he was right to delete the post.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Jason really needs to learn that being right is its own reward.

It's not just an "I told you so". He was pointing out that GI was manipulating his own reporting from today.

There is a disproportionate amount of harassment women in games journalism experience and this absolutely was not going to help the situation.

So what's the solution? She should be left to do any shit reporting she wants to and no one should call her out on it for fear of the Twitter mob?

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
This is the full context from the Game Informer article.

As far as I can see, crunch isn't touched upon in the article. The section quoted is hypocritical because of the crunch, but it is omitted for no reason, and now it just doesn't make any sense. We're talking going out of your way to not touch on crunch, something that Game Informer previously has denied was a thing. It's disgusting.

It's good that the health issues are adressed and many other issues but covering up for crunch is just not ok.
This isn't the full context, they don't downplay it??? This all just seems trying to look for something that isn't there

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I think it was questionable to talk about how your friends at CDPR can't celebrate the game going gold because someone is reporting on crunch, especially when it was apparent later than there was little forewarning or celebration around it having gone gold for the devs. At the same time, I think there's little need to stoke the wrath of Twitter toward a woman when it was already clear the reporting and diminishing of the exploitative conditions was poor and off-base. Definitely a case where you can take the credibility bump without feeling a need to rub salt in the wound and risk causing further harm for others.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
FFS.

I really do like Jason's work when it comes to stuff like this (hell, I've got a copy of Blood Sweat and Pixels that I enjoyed the hell out of), but man. He needs to give it a rest at times :-/

If I was Jason, and I had worked my ass off for years with articles, a book & with facts about bad working conditions at several game studios, with the idealistic attempt to change that situation for the better, and having my colleagues undermine me like that at multiple occasions, I would probably lose my shit too.