• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Also I somehow missed that we're going back to Miami, fucking great news all around

I'm sort of in the other camp where I hope they keep it modern.

You could have varied enough engagements even within the region, fictionalized versions of:

Brickell (Downtown)
Miami Beach (Beach)
Hialeah (Local Culture)
Everglades (Swamp)
The Keys (Ocean)
Yeah, they definitely have tons of geography to play with to make the game much more varied than the original VC.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So if its scheduled for FY2024 could we be looking at a TGA teaser trailer or will R* just do their own thing because they can lol

zaitsu

Banned
Jan 27, 2022
User banned (permanent): Sexism. Account in junior phase.
I hate female protagonists, I can't relate to them.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are they saying they will add new cities and missions after the game is already out?

I wonder if they could merge the online game with the single player stuff. Like make it a live service game like Destiny or Avengers, with the online stuff merged in with the single player content. Guess the only hurdle would be the playable character, but maybe you can just make your own crew member or something to play as in the multiplayer stuff.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Man I'm liking what I'm reading. Only real concern is the game "evolving over time". I trust Rockstar to deliver a finished game but I just hope this doesn't mean the SP gets abandoned in favor of online with the map growing.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
The impression I get is that it will be closer to what AC Infinity is promising to be.

Rather than the game shipping "unfinished", it ships with a fully complete campaign.

But instead of waiting 12 years for GTA 7, you will get extra stories added to GTA 6, which means shorter development time for actually new playable content.
If its as you describe, happy to get on-board! I feel their game as a platform can work for single player stuff too. Just need to do it well.

EDIT: Actually, like Rockstar used to do in GTAIV with The Ballad of Gay Tony and the biker gang expansion.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Long overdue, and I'm excited to visit Vice City again after more than 20 years (by the time it comes out).

I can't even imagine the kind of numbers this game is going to do the month it releases. I hope there's a betting thread on it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's sarcasm based on initial reactions to San Andreas having CJ...If you weren't on the old forum during that period, you probably won't get the reference (at least I'm assuming, hopefully)

Finally it's Michiko's time to shine
41341.jpg

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
That was a heartening, hopeful read. The culture shift seems very significant, and while I'm sure there'll be growing "pains" as teams figure out how to make games with this more deliberate pace and in a healthier manner, sticking with it through thick and thin will provide results in the long run. And I love to see companies make decisions for the long term health of their employees and recruitment pipeline, and for the health of their own products and the industry at large.

As for the game, it all sounds really enticing to me. Glad to see a womanas the protagonist, finally! They can take all the time they need, I'll be there day one.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Why Vice City? I love the coast but hate the flatness. It loses a lot without anything resembling varied terrain to give it more personality.

I keep wanting to love GTA again but recognize that the PS2-era style for this series is over. Even so, I fully expect I'll be playing GTAVI and grumbling to myself up to about 1/3 of the way through before realizing again that the series has moved on to an audience that's not me any more.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Why is everyone confident in single player post release? They could've easily done single player post release content for GTAV but didn't. Are they going to abandon shark cards for 6? Is there something I'm missing? How's the RDR2 single player DLC?

Jul 26, 2018
I hate female protagonists, I can't relate to them.
Going by your logic, imagine how the other half of the world feels about make protagonists...

As for me, I'm happy that there's some representation. Having a choice is always better but I also understand that GTA chars are heavily scripted to be a generic avatar.

Edit. There's a sizeable chance that it was a sarcastic comment, so don't take it personally

jankuza

Jan 13, 2021
I'm hyped for GTA VI USA Edition for my PS7.

All HD Era GTA Cities in one game. Maybe they will even add San Fierro and Las Venturas.

My biggest Problem with GTA V was that we never got new Singleplayer content. When they use the GTA Online 2 Money to give new Content that you can also use as a Singleplayer (new Cities and Missions) than I would be really hyped

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Brilliant news. Hopefully this new entry continues their recent footsteps and sheds the needless bigotry in favour of social commentary that doesn't dip into punching down on minorities. They removed *some* of the transphobic stuff from GTAV, but as far as I'm concerned this is their first real chance to prove themselves as having grown up and changed.

Mar 19, 2021
Going by your logic, imagine how the other half of the world feels about make protagonists...

As for me, I'm happy that there's some representation. Having a choice is always better but I also understand that GTA chars are heavily scripted to be a generic avatar.

Edit. There's a sizeable chance that it was a sarcastic comment, so don't take it personally

Judging by their other posts this was no sarcasm lol

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
"Bonnie & Clyde" narrative sounds fun! Hopefully "updated over time" doesn't mean its gonna be in a constant form of GAAS, but that aspect will be relegated to online.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's true. Liking the sound of this.

Only thing that has me nervous is the talk of adding cities post-release. Given their history, I fear live-service instead of DLC.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Low key always wanted a Latina protag so they have my attention.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Dunno why it is surprising though. They already did this in GTA Online and GTA online is really big.
Actually I would have preferred that GTA6 would allow a character we create like the Online part and other open world games.
I was hoping for that as well but thinking about it more, i personally like playing a tailored character, especially in a Rockstar game. I would rather keep my created character to Online and there be the seperation.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there are large, varied rural areas and swamplands. Great atmosphere but Vice City's layout is sort of boring, and doesn't really lend itself to exciting chases and such.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Man I'm liking what I'm reading. Only real concern is the game "evolving over time". I trust Rockstar to deliver a finished game but I just hope this doesn't mean the SP gets abandoned in favor of online with the map growing.

That's exactly what it means.
R* didn't get to making $6 billion with GTA V thanks to SP.

Online will almost surely dictate how the game is designed and the map is made/updated.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I'm legit hoping the male protag is the son of Tommy Vercetti. It'd be a great tribute to Ray Liotta.

I'm assuming the female protagonist is Cuban, which would be a great character trait.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They basically have done that with the soft announcement of gta 6 a while ago lol. But i know what you mean
Honestly if they just released a picture with the "VI" logo on Twitter, it will get probably a million likes and retweets.
Remember this?
That Rockstar tweet confirming GTA VI in development is at 600k likes. The GTA VI equivalent of the RDR2 teases are easily breaking past 1m likes.

View: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/787639249864630273

View: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/788001608827281408