• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

Hello everyone, I'm happy to report that this week we submitted a patch for Switch, once it's approved we'll update the game asap. The following changes are already locked in, and we're working to confirm even more changes/improvements etc. for this patch, hopefully by next week:

Performance Updates
The teams continue to work on input delay, stability and optimization. We're not ready to release these improvements just yet, but we'll be sharing more information in the coming weeks.

Bug Fixes
  • Map quest markers no longer showing when target has been killed
  • HD Rumble issues in certain areas fixed
Familiar Changes
  • Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
  • Increased strength based on level
  • Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
  • Riga Storaema
  • Craftwork
  • Bunnymorphosis
  • Flame Cannon
  • Straight Arrow
  • Chase Arrow
  • Heretical Grinder
  • Circle Ripper
  • Shooting Dagger
  • Riga Dohin
  • Welcome Company (nerfed significantly - starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
  • Flying Edge
  • Rhava Bural
  • Rhava Velar
Enemy HP Increases
  • Dullahammer Head
  • Malediction
Drop Adjustments
  • Increased the drop rate of "Monster Fur" from Simians
Credits
  • Text corrections
Map
  • Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
  • Marker button has been changed
  • Trail display button has been changed
  • Map scroll speed improved
  • Zoom in and out improved
  • Zoom level retained when reopening the map
  • Auto-center when opening the map
Last but not least, we've seen lots of people bring up the bug on XB1 regarding the "Overlord" achievement not unlocking. The teams are aware of this and are going to be fixing it! The fix is currently scheduled to be done within the next two weeks. I know that may sound like a lot of time, it's just a matter of prioritizing more important fixes and improvements for now. Thank you everyone for your patience while we continue to make improvements on Switch and the other platforms as well, we will be following up with more updates soon

Honestly, nothing but disappointed by this news. Still no performance improvements is quite frankly not good enough imo.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They are working on it - sucks that you have to wait for performance improvements, but its more work than just flipping a Switch.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It's crazy how long things take in the pipeline to complete. Not surprised they're not ready yet, probably take another 1-2 months at least.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nerfing abilities in a single player game? Yeah i am glad I finished this 100% already.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
What's the point of nerfing all those weapons and shards? Who cares if they're a bit too powerful, it's a single player game.

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
They said that they're still working on those improvements, not that they're not coming. And they said before that those improvements likely wouldn't come in the first round of patching, anyway.

Yeah I know but that's honestly the disappointing part. I was really hoping the performance updates would finally be out for this patch.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Dude, its not as simple as flipping a switch and they are workinf on it, not much worth gettinf disappointed by it, especially since they are fixing more than just performance

Quite frankly I'm of the opinion that the game should not have been released on the switch in its current state. And I'm holding that opinion until a patch says otherwise.

And on top of that, performance should 100% be the sole focus tbh.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of nerfing all those weapons and shards? Who cares if they're a bit too powerful, it's a single player game.
Probably to incentive players to use other weapons/shard combinations? A couple of reviews and some comments online said that the game was getting boring once you got some of the early OP weapons/shards/skills.

Oct 25, 2017
Why are they nerfing all the cool stuff in a single player game? It's like they're telling us we're playing the game wrong.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
The listed changes for this patch are very minor. Balance improvements are the least of what this game needs. Waiting for stability improvements before I pick this game back up; it's crashed on me several times already.

YOUarcade

Oct 27, 2017
California
So I completed the game on Switch already, but the nerfs are really counter productive at the moment. There were some boss fights that REALLY slowed the game down, and honestly, I relied on some strong shards. I did level them up, but because quick movements were not really an option during these fights, the shards were just super clutch. Without performance optimization, these nerfs are only going to make the game that much harder.

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
The listed changes for this patch are very minor. Balance improvements are the least of what this game needs. Waiting for stability improvements before I pick this game back up; it's crashed on me several times already.

Completely agree which is why I'm coming in with this thread slightly tilted. Performance should be the main focus, even if it's one fix at a time (crashes, input lag, etc etc).

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Probably to incentive players to use other weapons/shard combinations? A couple of reviews and some comments online said that the game was getting boring once you got some of the early OP weapons/shards/skills.
I guess, but you could just not use them. I was always experimenting with new ones when I picked them up.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know but that's honestly the disappointing part. I was really hoping the performance updates would finally be out for this patch.
Your hopes were never realistic, then. They made it very clear that patching performance would take a lot of time and effort.

Yeah, this isn't too surprising, honestly. Heretical Grinder can be acquired super-early in the game very easily and it was hilariously OP when powered up.

Completely agree which is why I'm coming in with this thread slightly tilted. Performance should be the main focus, even if it's one fix at a time (crashes, input lag, etc etc).
That the first patch was low-hanging fruit should come as no surprise to anyone, and those map improvements were especially desired by people that have played the game and been annoyed by its UI and input design flaws that are of issue across all platforms.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Quite frankly I'm of the opinion that the game should not have been released on the switch in its current state. And I'm holding that opinion until a patch says otherwise.

And on top of that, performance should 100% be the sole focus tbh.
Performance is mostly fine. It was always going to be 30fps and that's what it delivers. Now, some users have encountered strange dips that don't normally occur which seem like a bug but this patch isn't going to boost frame-rate above 30. Not realistic with this hardware and UE4.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Why are Dullahammer Heads getting an HP increase when their gimmick is that they're just enemies with a pattern you can dodge or kill in one hit?

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Performance is mostly fine. It was always going to be 30fps and that's what it delivers. Now, some users have encountered strange dips that don't normally occur which seem like a bug but this patch isn't going to boost frame-rate above 30. Not realistic with this hardware and UE4.

I'm definitely not expecting fps over 30.

I want a fix for the numerous crashes I've received and horrific input latency.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Honestly, nothing but disappointed by this news. Still no performance improvements is quite frankly not good enough imo.
I assume you know gamedev is not ticking a box next to "have more frames" text field? This takes time. They've laid out their plans previously. This is in line with those plans. Nothing to actually be legitimately disappointed over.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
What is with all these nerfs? I used Welcome Company through the entire game as well as the Rhava Velar when I could craft it. The whole point of these Igavania game is to become OP by the end but meh, I've already gotten 100% map completion anyway.

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I assume you know gamedev is not ticking a box next to "have more frames" text field? This takes time. They've laid out their plans previously. This is in line with those plans. Nothing to actually be legitimately disappointed over.

It absolutely is something to be disappointed over when it should never have been released in this state on the switch. It absolutely is.

When they are actively making money off it then I am completely entitled to feel this way.

If they held off the released and provided us with patch updates like this then I'd 100% be behind them.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
They working on the performance, they've said before that performance improvements are coming and that they wouldn't be in the first patch. Would be nice if this thread could actually be about what this patch does rather than be another bitch fest about the game's performance. But OP clearly didn't make this thread to discuss the actual patch

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Started on PS4 the other night, so I don't need Switch fixes (I dodged that version on purpose) but...

they definitely just nerfed a shard I use, a weapon I've been using a lot that admittedly probably merits it (Rhava Bural), and the weapon I did a tedious platforming section 5 times last night to get (flying edge)

Map fixes would be worth it, though. I keep accidentally placing markers instead of closing it.

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
I'm still waiting for the map fix before I continue on PC. I hope a patch for PC is coming soon.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It absolutely is something to be disappointed over when it should never have been released in this state on the switch. It absolutely is.

When they are actively making money off it then I am completely entitled to feel this way.

If they held off the released and provided us with patch updates like this then I'd 100% be behind them.
You can be disappointed, but from my perspective, you're also overreacting. Plenty of people that have played the Switch version have done so with minimal issues regarding input lag and crashing. I myself never experienced any crashing at all in the 25+ hours it took me to beat the game for the first time. I also did not find the lag that noticeable while playing docked on my particular television.

OP
OP
AlanOC91

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
You can be disappointed, but from my perspective, you're also overreacting. Plenty of people that have played the Switch version have done so with minimal issues regarding input lag and crashing. I myself never experienced any crashing at all in the 25+ hours it took me to beat the game for the first time. I also did not find the lag that noticeable while playing docked on my particular television.

*shrug*

I don't know what to say. To me it's been nothing but a sour experience to the point where I feel like a delay would have done them the world of good and avoided most of the negativity surrounding the switch version.

But I'll leave my say at that since a lot of people seem to be confused at my annoyance/disappointed.

indask8

Oct 28, 2017
Straight Arrow = True Arrow ? All those nerfing sucks, it's how I survived the game so far on switch.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

But this is just the same old disappointment from the release version. Like, I don't get what's new here.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Because all that shit is broken beyond belief. Thank god they are balancing their game. Nothing worse than stumbling across a weapon I like to use that is vastly OP. Play easy mode and all these weapons will still walk right through them probably.

I swear man the Iga crowd is ridiculous sometimes when it comes to balance.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty bad though.