• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Any news when a Switch patch will hit? Considering they announced to prioritize fixing the Switch version and talked about splitting up the patches to save time, they're sure taking their sweet time.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I think i remember it's a door you open with your directional power... like at the beginning of the game.
The one Christo writes about is for bonus and ease of access on subsequent travels. You can come back in this area, no need to try to 100% it before reaching the boss.

You need to remember that whenever you see an object with a white with blue speckles part, it means you can move it. You will need that later.

BAgSuce.jpg
Hmm thanks. I'm pretty sure I tried using my hand but I probably didn't hold it in that direction long enough.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Any news when a Switch patch will hit? Considering they announced to prioritize fixing the Switch version and talked about splitting up the patches to save time, they're sure taking their sweet time.

4th july update said:
We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.
I think it's the crashes, latency and load update.

Ben-Ou

Banned
May 13, 2019
I've been watching streams of the game and it looks really fun, however I really would have preferred the use of the 2D pixel design the games like Aria/Dawn of Sorrow, OoE, and PoR used. I don't agree with the use of 3D for this series quite honestly. I'm sure it would have no doubt taken much more time to do vs rendering in 3D, but I think it'd have given the game a bit more soul.

Not to say it's soulless, but it doesn't invigorate me visually the way the handheld Igavania games did. I think some games like Risk of Rain 2 nail it perfectly, however I don't think the transition works as well here. It's still a really good looking game, but I think sticking with the 2D design and improving upon it would have been much better.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Without spoiling the story (please) - anyone have any tips on which shards are worth upgrading for the final battle?

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Without spoiling the story (please) - anyone have any tips on which shards are worth upgrading for the final battle?
Whatever is your weapon of choice, max out that weapons proficiency so its a permanent boost, then add up the Optimizer shard on top for extra crazy damage.

I also got a lot of use of the shadow clone shard

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 30 and still using True Arrow. I'm sure there are better shards but it has helped me take down every boss pretty easily.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm all set with the necessary items to complete the game with the true ending. This was my first Igavania and I loved it. I'm nearly 80% map completion so I know I have more to do later, but it's been very satisfying this far.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the first "bad" ending tonight after only 6 hours or so. I was hoping there'd be more content than that before I started reaching the end.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Got the first "bad" ending tonight after only 6 hours or so. I was hoping there'd be more content than that before I started reaching the end.

Yeah, you're going to easily double if not triple that time before the end (even more than that if you're going for some 100%ing souls, items, etc).

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To get
Gebel's glasses,
do I need to own every shard, or do I just need to have every shard in my archive? I foolishly sold a bunch early in the game, (when I didn't think I was gonna go for full completion) so I need to know if I need to re-grind those.

Never got an answer on this but figured it out myself. You don't need to actually own every shard, you just need to have collected every shard at one time or another. (Although bear in mind that you need some shards to craft others - I had to re-grind Resist Thunder so I could craft Resist Magic.)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Never got an answer on this but figured it out myself. You don't need to actually own every shard, you just need to have collected every shard at one time or another. (Although bear in mind that you need some shards to craft others - I had to re-grind Resist Thunder so I could craft Resist Magic.)

Sorry about that, I answered that earlier in the thread, but I didn't say it was his glasses 'cause I was being coy of spoilers.

That accessory is a lot of fun when you've mastered a few weapon techniques, so you can just use them as much as you like during boss fights. Transforms the whole game a bit when you don't have to worry about the MP loss!

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
Is there a way to track Shards you're missing for the Shardmaster trophy? There are sharks related to demons on the Demons list, but that doesn't include other shards I believe...

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
44 hours into my initial save and I finally completed the bestiary - why are diamonds a 0.5% drop on Light Elemental? lol

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, zangatsu has a black hole that sucks you up and there's no way to escape it and kills you in 1 hit?

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Livre Machina is goddamn serious bullshit. No save or teleport room after you proceed with reflector Ray shard. All the spinny shits and dullhammers. Ran out of all potions and food and died after playing for one hour. I'm gonna take a break from this game for a while.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing the end game right now, just crafting, upgrading, cooking and finishing off quests. Will I be able to play New Game+ on nightmare with everything I have or will nightmare reset everything?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
End game question
how many shards am I supposed to know to sell in order to progress after killing gebel? I have a ton and really don't want to sell any

Last edited:

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I don't have a choice

Miriam is someone special, you must have learned that from the books...
To make it simple, the character you play can handle the shards. You possessing shards is not the reason why you get the game over...
You have been given an important tip from someone...
The tip was about a special sword you must wield.
If you have not won a special sword then you are too early
And about something else, a bloodstained Curse

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I just killed gebel then i hear a voice and it says you have too many shards I will be able to possess you or something then it says game over

Yeah its just a line of dialog, you don't actually need to get rid of any shards. You need to talk to Zengetsu and some others. I don't want to spoil anything for you but you don't have to sell any shards.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Miriam is someone special, you must have learned that from the books...
To make it simple, the character you play can handle the shards. You possessing shards is not the reason why you get the game over...
You have been given an important tip from someone...
The tip was about a special sword you must wield
And about something else, a bloodstained Curse
Don't have any equipped then is all?