• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Glad you're all having fun. Still waiting on my Kickstarter backer delivery (Switch).

Bear in mind, I live in the Chicago Suburbs:

mfrrVpd.jpg
It probably doesn't make you feel any better, but maybe by the time you get it, they'll have patched some of the issues.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
That's sort of my only complaint from a gameplay perspective. I feel like once you find the shards you enjoy theres no incentive to move to something else. Like I use that spinning blade on a pole for my trigger attack and it just annihilates enemies. Why use anything else?
Yup, thats about what happened to me. Dumped most of my other shards the moment I got Heretical Grinder. Also got the Spiral Sword as a drop which I've been using constantly since then because it's just so good I see no reason to swap it out yet. The initial damage isn't anything amazing for a greatsword, but the fact that every swing hits 3-4 times for full damage and each individual damage proc can crit independent of the rest leaves it outdamaging most other weapons I've found.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I finished it last night on Switch with 99.80% complete.

This game is phenomenal. I think it's the best game I've played all year, and one of the best in the style of Metroidvania despite its technical flaws.

Iga, and all the development teams, everyone involved, deserves much praise. Outstanding game! I love it to pieces!

Also, I want more.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I finished it last night on Switch with 99.80% complete.

This game is phenomenal. I think it's the best game I've played all year, and one of the best in the style of Metroidvania despite its technical flaws.

Iga, and all the development teams, everyone involved, deserves much praise. Outstanding game! I love it to pieces!

Also, I want more.

We'll get 2 more playable characters , and most importantly, what is essentially a new game:
Classic Mode said:
six punishing stages. In grand classic platformer fashion, you'll be weaker and the enemies will be stronger, and forget about saving yourself by grinding—no RPG elements here.
If you've always preferred your castles punishingly difficult, straightforward, and scrolling from left to right, this is the stretch goal for you.

Never forget classic mode :D

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hey, do any of you guys know what the next to last quest and the one before that are? It's the two after Craving Something Life-Changing and before Why, Stranded Man?

All NPC dialogue indicates I have finished cooking, fetching, and demon slaying.
If you have "Why, Stranded Man?" but not the two before that then I think your file is bugged. The final 3 quests are the 3 times you find Benjamin.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the good ending last night. Loved the game, worthy successor to SotN and one of the best Metroidvanias this gen (I'd rank it behind Hollow Knight and Dead Cells). Glad this turned into another Kickstarter success story.

Couple of questions: is the map "only" 100% or will there be some additional hidden secrets or something like the castle flip?

I'm missing .6% of the map and I know I've yet to complete one more boss
O.D. in the Glacial Tomb
and a challenge
The Ninja race.
Will those two somehow fill in the missing parts of the map or do I need to keep looking?

The OST is so good, I'd rank it up there with the Castlevania classic soundtracks. I saw you can purchase the OST on Steam, did they every mention iTunes, Spotify or other services?

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Couple of questions: is the map "only" 100% or will there be some additional hidden secrets or something like the castle flip?

I'm missing .6% of the map and I know I've yet to complete one more boss
O.D. in the Glacial Tomb
and a challenge
The Ninja race.
Will those two somehow fill in the missing parts of the map or do I need to keep looking?
First one = no. Second one = only if you didn't even try it yet to see the whole course. Keep looking.

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really love the games. When i watch the meta score, its just sick how low it is compare it lets say red redemption 2. I love the design, the music and story is amazing. The gameplay is for hardcore players. Still it could never get a score above the 90, it's sad that reviewers doesnt view this as a big game like it should be.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
So how does death work in this game exactly? A lot of my game was reset when I spawn, despite using the checkpoints. Wondering if I should just skip directly to the bosses before I explore everything.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Ok finally beat alfred on hard. Leveled up a bit and leveled up my 8bit fireball and melted him. Killed him before slow BS even started.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to finally change up a bit my shards loadout after using pretty much the same stuff for the last 10 hours or so lol...

Decided to give the "Welcome Company" red shard a try... So I guess they just always go away when you change screen? Is there any way around that?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I decided to finally change up a bit my shards loadout after using pretty much the same stuff for the last 10 hours or so lol...

Decided to give the "Welcome Company" red shard a try... So I guess they just always go away when you change screen? Is there any way around that?

Nope, there isn't... You have to activate it at every screen.
However, if you jump while advancing (even a small jump), Miriam does not pause to cast it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, there isn't... You have to activate it at every screen.
However, if you jump while advancing (even a small jump), Miriam does not pause to cast it.
All right thanks!

Second question about Welcome Company... I've noticed that it automatically breaks hidden walls which is fucking great... Does it also does it for floors and ceilings?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Man, if you guys want to have tons of fun with the guns, I suggest completing all the food quests ASAP, you get a hat that keeps you from using ammunition up when firing a gun, and boy howdy I'm having a blast with the Bit Gun! Turns out the gun you get with Coins ends up becoming the strongest gun, so if you want to use guns, try building that gun up!

Don't be afraid of using ammo, just be careful of the expenses. The first few bullets are super cheap, so buy up a bunch, since the damage is very low with ammo, and very high with ammo and the gunslinger hat, but the later ones require rare materials and cannot be made until you did their recipe book.

They are worth it, even without the hat, but you'll probably save the bullets for bosses and special occasions until you don't have to worry about ammo.

mcwizardry

Oct 25, 2017
So how does death work in this game exactly? A lot of my game was reset when I spawn, despite using the checkpoints. Wondering if I should just skip directly to the bosses before I explore everything.
When you die everything is reset to the last time you saved in a save room. There are no checkpoints at all, not even after bosses so a lot of the time it's a good idea to backtrack to a known save room after a boss.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
To everyone that has completed the game:
Play voice clip number 813
You're welcome.

I'll "204" you 407 and onwards, that man grunts like there's no tomorrow! If you're entertained or mildly to not so mildly attracted to David Hayter's legendary grunting, you're going to have a field day with this game's soundtest.

And also, "Oh, my level 17 dark elf ranger? What's her name? 165"

And also also, Valefor's voice acting is superb, here's the line if you come to his fight with exactly ZERO cash, something special happens!

mcwizardry

Oct 25, 2017
All right thanks!

Second question about Welcome Company... I've noticed that it automatically breaks hidden walls which is fucking great... Does it also does it for floors and ceilings?
Don't think so since the hitbox only goes forward and backward of the PC. The spiked armor does break hidden floors.
EDIT: I was wrong, sweetmini pointed out it does break floors and ceilings.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... I need to open the menu, go in shards and then turn on/off the sinking thing everytime I want to change that?

This is dumb...

Unless I missed a way to still swim up while it's actiavated? I tried Aqua Stream but it doesn'T seem to be powerful enough to pull me from the sinking gravity...

Edit: Nvm... Looks like I can just infinite jump lol

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
If you have "Why, Stranded Man?" but not the two before that then I think your file is bugged. The final 3 quests are the 3 times you find Benjamin.
Another completion-ruining bug for me, then. :'(

This is particularly "hilarious" to me, too, because I stopped trying 100% games years ago, but I have fallen so much in love with this game that I was going to do it. Maybe I can snag them on a second run of the game. I still want to try out hard at some point. But I'm a little scared because I'm bad at games lol.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Popped this in today after some Mario Maker yesterday and accidentally immediately put 6 hours into it. Playing on Switch.

What a magnificent game. I am heading out to see friends tonight or I'd still be going. This game has the hooks and is delivering all-the-way.

Oct 29, 2017
NL
Was a little hesitant because of KS and the steep price but after the good reception I went ahead and bought it anyway. Mostly because Im a sucker for the genre. Played for 11 hours now, on normal. LVL 32 and the map for 60% done. Im enjoying my time with it but cant say I find it that special. Its solid but nowhere near as good like Ori or Hollow Knight imo.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What's the performance like on Switch? I heard some complaints, but that's where I'd like to get it.

I have no point of comparison but I only had 1 issue. One time after I beat the first boss it crashed (there is a save point right before it.) Since then, no issues at all, running smooth for over 6 hours. Been totally fine, about 20% of the map done, several boss fights successful without performance hitches.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I have no point of comparison but I only had 1 issue. One time after I beat the first boss it crashed (there is a save point right before it.) Since then, no issues at all, running smooth for over 6 hours. Been totally fine, about 20% of the map done, several boss fights successful without performance hitches.

Ok, thanks!

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping to finally boot my copy up tomorrow. As a backer I understand I should put my backer id in as my name to get some extra goodies?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, if you guys want to have tons of fun with the guns, I suggest completing all the food quests ASAP, you get a hat that keeps you from using ammunition up when firing a gun, and boy howdy I'm having a blast with the Bit Gun! Turns out the gun you get with Coins ends up becoming the strongest gun, so if you want to use guns, try building that gun up!

Don't be afraid of using ammo, just be careful of the expenses. The first few bullets are super cheap, so buy up a bunch, since the damage is very low with ammo, and very high with ammo and the gunslinger hat, but the later ones require rare materials and cannot be made until you did their recipe book.

They are worth it, even without the hat, but you'll probably save the bullets for bosses and special occasions until you don't have to worry about ammo.
the best gun is the one with Homing shots.

It's a shame I can't 100% the game on my first play through. Luckily I didn't have this « plate armor » glitch but 1 chest is glitched for me which fountain food recipe. Can't finish that woman food chain quest .... so can't 100% items either.

Im level 98 right now 100% map / demons / shards / I have all the 8/32 bits weapons / I have all the end game weapons (eternal blue / rose / andromeda / that homing Gun/ and all other top tier/ that rapier @ level 58 atk and many other things )

It's my goty so far. Last game I played like this was god of war PS4.

It's a shame I can't finish all nos but I wanted ng+ anyway to have all shortcuts and padded out the silver night

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm hoping to finally boot my copy up tomorrow. As a backer I understand I should put my backer id in as my name to get some extra goodies?
It just shows your name as the first entry under the clan you picked in the credits and in the lower left corner of the file select screen. Your backer id is the number (including the #) that is in the subject line of your emails from Fangamer.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
It just shows your name as the first entry under the clan you picked in the credits and in the lower left corner of the file select screen. Your backer id is the number (including the #) that is in the subject line of your emails from Fangamer.

Ah okay, I must have misread some posts a while back, I thought it unlocked some items or something.

Thanks!

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I have this on switch just waiting to be played and I've been so hyped but I feel like I should wait for some patches :(

List of codes for unlockables (difficulty options, items and more)

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ah okay, I must have misread some posts a while back, I thought it unlocked some items or something.

Thanks!
Starting a file with different names (you can change the file name later) starts you with different things. It has nothing to do with your backer id.

Just note – that you cannot use multiple cheats at once. you can just use one cheat per file which is kinda annoying.

List Of Passwords/ Cheats
Game Modes

• BIGHEAD – Unlocks and Activates New Mode "Big Head"
  • NIGHTMARE – Unlocks Hard/Nightmare Modes.
Weapon Cheats
  • 8MEGAPOWER – Unlocks "Game Sack Strip"
  • Akuma – Unlocks "Dominus"
  • ALPHAOMEGASIN – Unlocks "Darkness Descends"
  • DUNGEONITE – Unlocks "Dungeonite Sword"
  • JEPSON – Unlocks "Clockwork Blade"
  • SPONGYVINE – Unlocks "Vine Sword"
  • STEPHENPLAYS – Unlocks "Sicilian Slicer"
  • TheSpeedGamers = Unlocks "Final Hour"
Head Gears
  • chuggaaconroy – Unlocks "Space Helmet"
  • EGGFARM – Unlocks "Guardian Egg Helm"
  • INTHEBATHROOM – Unlocks Head "Dumpling Helmet"
  • Jarvis Meower – Unlocks "Mega64 Helmet"
Accessory Items
  • AWESOMEVIDEOGAMES: Unlocks "Big Moustache"
  • BULLFIGHTER – Unlocks "The Baz Mask"
  • Egoraptor – Unlocks "Hey I'm A Grump"
  • Grumps – Unlocks "I'm Not So Grump"
  • swimmingbird – Unlocks "Plague Doctor Face"
  • TEAMFAT – Unlocks "A Kinda Funny Mask

If you want to see pics of them:

Last edited:

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have this on switch just waiting to be played and I've been so hyped but I feel like I should wait for some patches :(

If you can wait, it seems like the experience can only get better. The game is still the same good core on Switch, but the input lag and performance can make it kind of a drag by comparison.

But if you're not that sensitive to those sorts of things, you could still have a blast!

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I finished my first playthrough on my switch handheld. There are definitely some performance issues that they should work on, like some framedrops, loading, and a few pauses, but overall I still enjoyed it quite a lot. Playing in handheld I really didn't notice any lag, that was for docked right?

I also only had one crash the entire time I played, even when I did some serious grinding at the end for big end game gear and passives.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
This may be a dumb question, but how do you get the last movement ability to work? I have it assigned and mash the trigger, but it doesn't do anything