• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Damn it. I bought this on switch before I left for the airport since the port seemed solid enough from youtube videos. apparently I should have waited longer..

Oct 31, 2017
Outside of the one crash, my only real complaint is the input lag. ... Otherwise it's dope.
Man I am so conflicted. I missed the kickstarter when I wanted to join. I can get this game for $10 off or more from GMG but I think I want it for Switch is priced at the full $40. I keep getting close to impulse buying it. Maybe I should wait til I hear about other bugs and such. Input lag has got to be one of my nitpickiest reasons for not sticking with a game.

EDIT: changed the grammar in my $10 comment, made it sound like that was the price not the price difference. Sorry if that was confusing.

Insane Dead

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the warhorse key in my inventory and went to try to open the door it still says it requires the key to open it. Am I supposed to do something else before going in? I am thinking my game is glitched

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Is this out on the Switch today? Just checked GameStop's website here in Ireland and it says the 28th....

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
just made the mistake of looking at the PC footage. regret setting in.
I still mostly want to play it portable, but damn if im not tempted to get a pc copy when it goes on heavy sale this fall. cmon iga give the switch more love. I hope they keep focusing on optimization.

game really feels like a PlayStation/dreamcast age game with a little higher fidelity. something about all the design choices visually plus obviously how it controls. all these fun systems too like exp/itemization, quests, crafting, lots of weapon types and shards, etc. love it

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Hm, it really feels like the switch version is better as I continue my trek through the castle, but then I go back to the village lol.

I also felt like maybe the game's brightness was a bit too dark, so I increased it a little.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How hard are Hard and Nightmare for a first playthrough, compared to normal difficulty and to prior Igavanias?
Most projectile enemies shoot more well projectiles on hard. Bosses have more hp, and maybe a few of them get new moves. Nightmare, you're locked at level 1 and can't gain any exp. Same with your familiar. Its no joke.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
505's PR says specifically to wait for 1.02 on Switch. The game right now is only on 1.01.

You can risk it but don't say you weren't warned.

Are you sure you aren't confusing that with the PS4 version and the tweet they made last week?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Are you sure you aren't confusing that with the PS4 version and the tweet they made last week?
From their PR:

vHXrsnc.jpg

That said, the game twitter account suggests 1.01 now, so there's definitely mixed messaging. I'm not going to take the risk, other people are free to.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
505's PR says specifically to wait for 1.02 on Switch. The game right now is only on 1.01.

You can risk it but don't say you weren't warned.
I've posted this at least a half dozen times over the last few pages. 505 confirmed on the official Bloodstained Discord that 1.01 on the Switch is the Day One patch equivalent to 1.02 on PS4. I even verified myself that the patch added the Day One features like Boss Rush mode.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
When do games on the switch go live to play?

Found this:

The game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date. (Please note that some third-party titles are not available until 12:00 p.m. PT on the game's release date.)

Should be in the next couple hours then?

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Man I can't go along with people saying the Switch version is fine. Blurry as hell, getting all sorts of stutter and pop-in, weird variations in loading times -- it's ROUGH. This is the first time ever I'm feeling burned for getting a game on Switch instead of PS4. Don't get it on Switch unless you are desperate for portable play.

Apart from the technical stuff, game is really good.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Just got the plat. Probably going to take a break from the game until most of the DLCs are delivered, at this point.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
so is the switch version a complete mess like i anticipated?
Long screen transitions and loading at frequent points, less graphically impressive, 30 FPS, but still playable.

I wouldn't call the performance any good, but I haven't been bothered by it outside of one instance (a jump between screens that took ten seconds to transition, only for me to miss the platform and fall back to the previous screen, complete with another ten seconds of transition). If anything, the hit detection has been the most annoying thing about the game so far. Very fun and addictive game overall, though.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
It thankfully has not crashed for me yet , I am loving this game , needed something to play after doing Diablo season 17.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Stumbled across bad ending which means I'm rather close to end game. Took a bit of searching to find what I needed to advance, there were no obvious in game hints.

Also, outside of the outfit advertised on the back of the box I've not yet run into any of the other skins they had us vote on. I wonder if it's set for dlc or something.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Stumbled across bad ending which means I'm rather close to end game. Took a bit of searching to find what I needed to advance, there were no obvious in game hints.

Also, outside of the outfit advertised on the back of the box I've not yet run into any of the other skins they had us vote on. I wonder if it's set for dlc or something.

There are hints but you have to pay lots of attention to what NPC says. But yeah, this is really old school game where the player has to put lots of afford to find out what to do. I stuck almost an hour after Dragon boss. Love it though. I'm not a fan of the series, the last game I played was Castlevania on FC, but man, this game get all my time on the weekend, it was so addictive.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Mannnnn, so now the 1.02 patch is being delayed on Xbox to see if they can just find a solution to the chest bug for people who already played? Been holding off on starting for this patch and now I'm not even sure when it's coming out, haha.

Now I'm in an even weirder limbo spot than launch week: do I just start and hope they do find a solution to the chest bug so that my save doesn't break when they do decide to release a patch, or do I just keep waiting on starting the game at all until they release a patch?

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I registered my backer code (UK) at like 5am and checked it booted before I started my work for the day, so it already should be?

Edit: oh, you probably mean for non backers. That's a bit weird that it doesn't work for you yet.

Maybe because you had a backer code? Mine still doesn't work and on the eshop it shows Bloodstained as coming soon not on recent releases. Any other EU switch user that report his experience?

Obneiric

Dec 25, 2017
How hard are Hard and Nightmare for a first playthrough, compared to normal difficulty and to prior Igavanias?

Definitely don't do nightmare. Normal is pretty similar to the first playthrough of Aria/Dawn/PoR. Hard mode is a good challenge, similar to Order of Ecclesia. And due to the nature of this game, if you're having trouble you can always grind shards and become a god. I really enjoyed my Hard first playthrough, but opinions seem pretty divided. Some people loved the increased challenge while others found themselves frustrated.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are drops common on PS4 Pro?
PC isn't an option for me anyway.
No but when it drops, it really drops. But it's 99% 60fps though
I would say pretty much the same in normal compared to previous igavanias, hard at start due to lack of equipments and basic rpg setups but you'll be pretty much an OP by the end, IF you want to.