• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
While I'm still waiting on my backer copy I went out and bought a copy, just couldn't wait anymore.
So far everything feels great!

I have a few questions.

1: How do we enter backer id? With or without # ? (Or are we still uncertain on this?)
2: It was possible to change the name you start your file with later? How do I do that and how many things can I unlock at once?
3: Is the 8bit coin super rare? Or will I get more of them? If not, what would be the best way to spend it?

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I'm still waiting on my backer copy I went out and bought a copy, just couldn't wait anymore.
So far everything feels great!

I have a few questions.

1: How do we enter backer id? With or without # ? (Or are we still uncertain on this?)
2: It was possible to change the name you start your file with later? How do I do that and how many things can I unlock at once?
3: Is the 8bit coin super rare? Or will I get more of them? If not, what would be the best way to spend it?

1) With #.
2) I believe it's when you save your game you can enter a new name.
3) You can buy more, but they're decently expensive early-mid game. You can also dismantle the item you create at the cost of a semi-common drop. Word is the best item is the one with poison on it. I think it's one of the boots?

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm surprised by how different the Switch version looks when comparing them side by side. I expected low res and maybe some performance hitches but even the basic lighting looks pretty different. And of course missing effects. It's not ruined or anything but it definitely took a big hit.
I guess I can say that Switch is a little moodier.

xCEOuHv.gif

Looks weird and way too dark since most of the lightning is missing, although i think the PC/console version looks a bit too bright by default i needed to lower the brightness and use reshade to make it not look completly washed out.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
1) With #.
2) I believe it's when you save your game you can enter a new name.
3) You can buy more, but they're decently expensive early-mid game. You can also dismantle the item you create at the cost of a semi-common drop. Word is the best item is the one with poison on it. I think it's one of the boots?
Great! Thank you! Glad to know you can get more coins.
Was afraid it might have been a once and done item.
Thanks for the answers.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Anyone managed to complete the Celeste room riddle yet ?
By aligning some of the music boxes together the spectral Miriam appears more quickly when you sit as certain combinations of chords strike it seems...
i cannot get a proper melody with my music editing software ... i fear it's either
1) nothing and speed is random
2) something and you have to sync one part to have one completed songs at one specific moment of the sheet, which will arrive when you sit down...
every top high tier backer had something to give in their room... there has to be something other than a headache there ;)

Last edited:

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
What is everyone doing for gold income? Are you guys selling weapons/gear you dont use for gold?

Also, boss spoiler (50% map completion)

I fought Gebel and won, and it gave me a game over? Where do I go?

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Hope everyone is enjoying the game I backed for $175 while I wait for god knows when to see if they'll fix miriam's voice crackle bug on the steam version. I am so depressed.
Welp it turns out the audio crackling I was complaining about was a CPU problem on my end and not the game's fault at all. I feel like such an utter dummy.
At the very least the game lead me to fix a potentially dire issue with my PC before it could've gotten worse.

Still, so much anguish and bad vibes went into my first impressions for nothing. 😩 At least I can enjoy it from here on out.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i have two recipes in my inventory, obsidian armor and a fine heal object, how do i craft these or add them to the list? there is no option at this Johannes guy

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I found my favorite spell lol

spoilers for a 50% or so map completion boss.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What is everyone doing for gold income? Are you guys selling weapons/gear you dont use for gold?

Also, boss spoiler (50% map completion)

I fought Gebel and won, and it gave me a game over? Where do I go?

I found the best source of gaining gold is to max the Augment Gold Shard and run back and forth in the first room of the "Entrance" zone breaking candles. It's mindless, adds up quick and you can do it with barely looking at the screen.

If you want to go further in the game, go kill little monsters in the water areas you most likely came across called Deeseama. They'll grant a Shard that's required to get you where you need to go.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
A litt help would be appreciated.

Where do I go after...

the twin dragons?

Did you get the chest at the very bottom of the collapsed area of the fight? Bottom on the ground.
If so,
go take a photograph in the room with the shop back at base camp. Then go talk to the vampire dude in the Livre Ex Machina zone.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Ok getting the spiral sword definitely ranks among the highest rewarding grind fests in an igavania for sure, especially early game.
But I just got the steam powered greatsword and holy shit, I think that tops it. This game is so awesome.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I just defeated
Zangetsu
and I've encountered this creepy wailing witch thing that like... eats you and instantly kills you. Are you supposed to be able to beat that right away?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I just defeated
Zangetsu
and I've encountered this creepy wailing witch thing that like... eats you and instantly kills you. Are you supposed to be able to beat that right away?

With certain abilities at that point in the game it's very killable, but it is much stronger than the other enemies in the area. Feel free to leave it alone.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I just defeated
Zangetsu

That enemy seemingly only hurts you if you look at it directly, like at the side where its eyes are.

If you have spells and items that allow you to attack from above it, it's easy peasy. Teps Oceus was the spell I used to farm him with ease.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Rank and Grade are the same in effect, but whichever is highest will take precedence.

You may decide to forego the money making, but definitely upgrade the yellow Passive shards. Once they reach Rank 9, they become permanently active Skill Shards.

Additionally, once they become active skills, they work at around half the value of the passive shard itself, which means you can still equip them and they stack with the effects.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
How long is it taking to 100% this game?

I'm having a go at it right now. Only have 15 hours on my clock but kinda unsure how much longer I'll have to go. I pretty much have everything done except completing the item index in which I'm at 80%. Getting 100% of the items list will definitely be the longest and most time consuming undertaking of the game. I need to farm more gold to break down more equipment at this point to get back materials for crafting. Or I can go one by one and see what I need to farm specifically. I'm guessing it'll take a few hours to get it all done but figuring it out is time consuming.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I just defeated
Zangetsu
Stay away from it when it does its wail, as that curses you. If you have Welcome Company, use that to get free hits in as you hop in and out of combat. It instantly killed me once, but as long as you keep your distance a bit you should be good.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Really disappointed with the switch version, so not only it's 30 fps which was expected but also massively downgraded? On a 2d side-scroller especially I expected to be some graphical parity. I am starting to consider the PC version but I love the switch's portability.

Oct 25, 2017
I just defeated
Zangetsu
That's the beauty of these sorts of games. You just never know! Killing a clearly overtuned enemy for where it's placed can either lead to a massive new area to explore or it can just lead to a tiny room with a bit of gold in it. Not knowing is what makes it fun and engaging.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say, platinum trophy, which I assume requires everything you mentioned?

Yes. Less than 30 hours. The ones that might take the most time is getting all items, as this requires making equipment that doesn't drop, enemy drops in addition to shards, and being the least specific to what you're missing and where to get it.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Less than 30 hours. The ones that might take the most time is getting all items, as this requires making equipment that doesn't drop, enemy drops in addition to shards, and being the least specific to what you're missing and where to get it.
I assume that when you say less than 30 hours you mean around 20 something, right? Similar to the rest of classic castlevanias and metroids.

In any case, I just read that the game is getting free dlc, including a rogue like dungeon.

I love castlevanias and metroids, so here I come regardless.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ok what is going on here? I cant move the bookshelf farther because there is a platform in the way.

KCpjXbH.jpg

it is clearly meant to be moved along that track.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The balancing is questionable, there are spells/moves that make a steamroll out of this game, even on hard...

IGA's games that allow so many different weapon and item combos fall for this problem.

Order of Ecclesia still remains his most balanced 2D game because you have fewer weapons and abilities to break the game. There's still ways to break it, but you don't get it handed to you. Teps Oceus is what I'd call an early game spell and that shit's broken.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
ok what is going on here? I cant move the bookshelf farther because there is a platform in the way.

KCpjXbH.jpg

it is clearly meant to be moved along that track.
Crouch and aim down with the right analog. Worked for me.

Really disappointed with the switch version, so not only it's 30 fps which was expected but also massively downgraded? On a 2d side-scroller especially I expected to be some graphical parity. I am starting to consider the PC version but I love the switch's portability.
Didn't patch 1.01 or 1.02 completely change the graphics in a lot of places? We shouldn't be judging the Switch version until next week.