• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Miriam ending gear is just.... Godly. Blaze through the levels in high speed, high jump and cutting through everything with Rhava Velar..... Its too damn good!

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 and right when it unlocked on launch I played through the boat section and quit basically. Played on the initial 1.01 patch.
Bruh, if you're only past the boat you're like 15-30 minutes in. Just restart to be safe. It'd be a few hours before you really knew if you had the bug or not. It's not worth it to keep going forward. Then you will lose a fair amount of progress if you do have it.

Switch direct feed gameplay.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
game arrived, played 30 minutes and i am already hooked. has sometimes a Xbox 360 era look to it, some japanese games looked like that 10 years ago but the game itself seems good so far. started on hard mode, feels right difficulty wise.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
So I 100% the map, shards, demons, supplies, materials, food, and quests. Don't think I'm gonna bother maxing out the equipment and techniques, though. Game is fantastic, but I've hit my limit when it comes to completion. The only thing that bugs me is I wish the effects of increasing a shard's grade was more clear. Some seem to have rather drastic effects, some don't seem to do anything at all.

Anyone interested in endgame gold grinding needs to max out and stack augment gold, though. You can get thousands of gold per second if you have that, maxed out accelerator, and an efficient route with lots of candles.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game and I bought it on PS4 Pro as 4k60 was promised, now looking at it, either my eyes fool me but it doesn't look native.
Can anyone do PC and PS4P 4k comparison?

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, and only about a third through it I believe. I do find the balancing bizarre though. The first boss was actually the hardest I've encountered - after that the first couple areas provide you with completely overpowered magic that annihilates anything else I've come across. I'm speaking specifically of the Sword Boost, Welcome Party, and (Something) Grinder shards. I got these right away and haven't had any reason to swap them out. The passive weapon boost shards mean you don't need to switch weapons out either until you find a new one of that type.

I can tell the bosses are supposed to have some sort of special attacks or strategy as I leisurely view the arena after they die within a minute...but I haven't seen them. I'm also rolling my eyes a bit at the female designs - for instance I'd like to know how transformation shards work, since right now the only thing I can tell the one I found does is give me more gratuitous cleavage.

Oct 27, 2017
So far I dislike the crafting and bosses, but love everything else. Can anyone recommend some kind of bullshit build that would let me brute force the bosses (if there is one)? I just beat (late game boss) David Hayter's second fight.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
So I 100% the map, shards, demons, supplies, materials, food, and quests. Don't think I'm gonna bother maxing out the equipment and techniques, though. Game is fantastic, but I've hit my limit when it comes to completion. The only thing that bugs me is I wish the effects of increasing a shard's grade was more clear. Some seem to have rather drastic effects, some don't seem to do anything at all.

Anyone interested in endgame gold grinding needs to max out and stack augment gold, though. You can get thousands of gold per second if you have that, maxed out accelerator, and an efficient route with lots of candles.

Yep. I got 500k in about 20 minutes this way.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Played the game some more and it boggles my mind how they basically nailed almost everything. This seems like a no brainer to get game if you are a fan of SOTN and the GBA and DS Castlevania games.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised by how different the Switch version looks when comparing them side by side. I expected low res and maybe some performance hitches but even the basic lighting looks pretty different. And of course missing effects. It's not ruined or anything but it definitely took a big hit.
I guess I can say that Switch is a little moodier.

xCEOuHv.gif

Voror

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for this tip. Near the end of the game pretty much so just trying to max some things out. Don't think I have the shard for Gold unless that's the Pickpocket one?

Also does anyone know if you need a specific manual to be able to craft Rhava Velar? I don't see it anywhere on the list yet I see pretty much everything else.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I'm surprised by how different the Switch version looks when comparing them side by side. I expected low res and maybe some performance hitches but even the basic lighting looks pretty different. And of course missing effects. It's not ruined or anything but it definitely took a big hit.

xCEOuHv.gif

Big downgrade technically, but I actually much prefer the look of the deck of the galleon without that obnoxiously bright specularity.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for this tip. Near the end of the game pretty much so just trying to max some things out. Don't think I have the shard for Gold unless that's the Pickpocket one?

Also does anyone know if you need a specific manual to be able to craft Rhava Velar? I don't see it anywhere on the list yet I see pretty much everything else.

Gold Augment is a shard you get by upgrading the Luck Augment shard with Johannes. You get Luck Augment from Demon 81: Deathtrap.

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
Is this docked? I know the devs said a lot of effects would be toned down for portable play. It runs fine, but I know the Switch is far more capable than that.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Working on the item collection trophy. I'm crafting everything. Not sure if I have to farm every droppable item for each monster or skip ones I have completed.

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Urg, I was taking the lore too seriously. Turns out selling any "excess" shards is stupid as they get stronger the more you carry (upto 9 of each)

Urrrrrrggg.

Time to farm them all back

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

xCEOuHv.gif

Interesting. Do you do some comparisons for enemy models/effects?

I think I can deal with this lighting downgrade and only 30 FPS as long as it runs ok and everything else is on par.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019

xCEOuHv.gif
Damn, seems like I will have to pick the game for PS4 then. That's a real bummer as I much enjoy playing metroidvanias on Switch. Had no idea they would have some much trouble porting it to Switch...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The game itself is awesome-characters including their portraits, the talking and the story are highly uninteresting.

Game feels just right on hard, can´t even imagine how easy this is on normal, i am progressing very smooth on hard so far, got to be careful but all fine.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
They have got to patch in the option to turn the fucking 'HIYA's off without disabling voices and cut the fucking low health vibration without completely turning vibration off. So annoying.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Switch version does not look good at all from that video. I wonder if it is even running at native res in portable mode.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
Finished it and currently on Hard mode. Easily a top 3 Igavania for me. Not sure if it beats Aria of Sorrow or Order of Ecclesia for me, but damn it's so good.

With an i7 8770k and 1080ti, running Epic settings, I was holding 144fps almost the entire time except for the boss right before the final boss. That surprisingly tanked my framerate sometimes to the 40s. But from what I saw, Switch is holding up reasonably well enough. Probably gonna double-dip on Switch sooner or later. Metroid: Samus Returns kinda proved that I'm fine with 30fps in Metroidvanias, but still.

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
Techniques seem to be useless compare to shards. They use same MP pool but deal less dmg, also difficult input to trigger.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Well, I lucked out it seems, and was able to get the silver bromide, despite starting the game on 1.01 and updating to 1.02. I'm about 7.5 hours into the game, and didn't really want to start over.

Game is fantastic so far. Exactly what I hoped it would be. So glad I backed it for sure. It really is what I imagine a console successor to SotN would be. I can't stop playing it. I can definitely see myself replaying this regularly, just like I did with Symphony.