• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I was stuck there too.

Endgame / Good ending spoilers
Proceed to the end boss, but just damage him until the moon turns red. Then equip his sword and cut the moon with it.
Afterwards, go where you fought Zangetsu the first time (garden of silence) and cut the moon there.

You're really close
Read the description of the sword

more specific
Fight Gebel with the sword equipped. When the moon turns red attack the moon with the Zangetsuto.

Thank you!! I indeed should have read the description lol

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So i'm missing one material, the one between Demon Bone and Melting Skull in the Archives. Does anyone know what it is and where i can find it?

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
FInishing the quests for the lady that wants items to honor the dead gets you a ring that ups the shard drop rate.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
That's another issue. The "progression" system is uninspired and feels unrewarding and makes no sense.
You get an ability (you have to equip for some fucking reason) where you can move metal blocks... that you need exactly in 2 places. Wow.
Then you get a double jump, which is useless for the most part.
Then you get the invert-ability, which you need exactly once because then you get access to the shard, that makes invert apart from a select few places totally obsolete. The boost shard should have replaced double jump tbh. Or that should have been a fast forward dash or something.
Then you get the beam ability, which is also obsolete by the teleport shard.
Why? Nothing about it feels like it opens up new content really. And why two of those things SHARDS and not permanent abilities?
Just urgh...
The one good thing about this Dev team is that they're open to criticism. Be sure to be vocal about it and they'll either fix it or keep it in mind next time.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hollow Knight type of exploration is more similar to Metroid than to the Igavanias.

I too, feel I like Hollow Knight type of progession a lot better than the Igavanias. This one included. But that's why some people say that Hollow Knight feels different than this type of game. At 50% of the game, you can already be a god agains most of the enemies in this game.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The only time I have ever cared to use the shortcut system (quickly turning on and off deep sinker) it doesn't actually work for that.

Last edited:

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Besides new game +, speed run, and boss rush mode is all other content future dlc? or is there some more unlockable?

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I got the

Red Umbrella

and although I've focused purely on Rapier-types until now, I am definitely using this for the rest of the game. Goes well with the colour-scheme I have for my Miriam too:

0SUy7Jf.png

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get the pasta recipe. I can't finish Susie's quest without it. The chest that has it is opened in the Twin Dragon Towers. Whelp, can't finish the item collection trophy.
I started on patch 1.01 and converted onto 1.02. Will NG+ resolve this??

Nov 13, 2017
I can't get the pasta recipe. I can't finish Susie's quest without it. The chest that has it is opened in the Twin Dragon Towers. Whelp, can't finish the item collection trophy.
I started on patch 1.01 and converted onto 1.02. Will NG+ resolve this??

Yes, NG+ will solve it. Alternatively, if you have the disc, you can back up your save to the cloud, delete the game from your hard drive, then install it again but don't install any updates. Download the save and continue on 1.00.

Rick Sanchez

Oct 27, 2017
Any more strider like swords besides Rhava Bural?
yes ... Rhava Velar
I just crafted the Rhava Velar, AKA Crissaegrim/Valmanway. It hits 4 times just like the old school one, while the Rhava Bular hits only once like the Vorpal Blade.

Rhava Bural and Sharp Razor both drop from Killer Barber. Crimsonite drops from Ninjas. Imbrued Fang drops from Millionaire's Bane. To fight the Millionaire's Bane, you need the Millionaire's Key which can be found in the Den of Behemoths (one of the very last areas in the game).

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hollow Knight type of exploration is more similar to Metroid than to the Igavanias.

I too, feel I like Hollow Knight type of progession a lot better than the Igavanias. This one included. But that's why some people say that Hollow Knight feels different than this type of game. At 50% of the game, you can already be a god agains most of the enemies in this game.
I greatly prefer the progression in this to HK. I'm playing it mostly blind though, so I'm not aware of what the OP weapons/shards are.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Just here to walk through the room.

Yep, that's the skill I exclusively used every since I got it for the entire rest of the game. You get it quite early too.
I'd even say, you shouldn't increase it past rank 4-6 or so, because off-screen enemies don't receive damage but it increases the animation of the skill so you can't spam it as fast.

It also melts big bosses, since it hits the boss with 3-5 pillars for two or three hits each.

It drops from the "big cat head" if anyone is wondering. Ars bla bla bla.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's the skill I exclusively used every since I got it for the entire rest of the game. You get it quite early too.
I'd even say, you shouldn't increase it past rank 4-6 or so, because off-screen enemies don't receive damage but it increases the animation of the skill so you can't spam it as fast.

It also melts big bosses, since it hits the boss with 3-5 pillars for two or three hits each.

It drops from the "big cat head" if anyone is wondering. Ars bla bla bla.
I use a combo of this + flying daggers.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I use a combo of this + flying daggers.
I tried flying daggers, but I stuck with True Arrow, since I usually wanted to kill flying enemies with my horizontal skill while moving around, so those fitted better, even tho they deal less dps, which is kinda pointless when you one shot every normal enemy with true arrow anyway. Against bosses flame pillar + greatsword mashing were better anyway. Something along the lines of 1-1,5k+ DPS with Clones out.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I tried flying daggers, but I stuck with True Arrow, since I usually wanted to kill flying enemies with my horizontal skill while moving around, so those fitted better, even tho they deal less dps, which is kinda pointless when you one shot every normal enemy with true arrow anyway. Against bosses flame pillar + greatsword mashing were better anyway. Something along the lines of 1-1,5k+ DPS with Clones out.
Ah that's a good point maybe I should be using that more for the air stuff, I'll have to try it again and see which feels better.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Since I can't play this game until next week while waiting on a patch, I guess I can finally finish order of ecclesia. That game just never clicked with me mostly because I found the glyph system annoying

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I killed
dragon and bad ending gelbel but apparently i should kill a blood lady first,
where is she?

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished it! Took me about 13 hours in total, but I didn't get the entire map, as I happened to find the way to the final area before finishing up the second last one. I'll go back and explore, and collect stuff for some neat new items.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. I started on 1.02, so I didn't have those bugs, but there were a few. The camera went wonky every time something grabbed Miriam. At the final boss, a sound kept playing over the end scenes after beating it.

As for the credits,
it was cool to see my name there, but it's kiiiiiiinda over the top to put it up up there. They should have just highlighted it, although then people would be disappointed that theirs was near the bottom or something. Oh, and I only got to see Clan Katana and it was still a shit ton of people. I'm assuming none of those show up if you haven't registered your backer ID?

Also, for the backer ID thing. The name for the savefile doesn't matter. You need to enter your backer ID separately. There's an option before loading the saved game. I entered it with the # part and got my name to show up in the bottom left.

Is it better than Symphony of the Night? Of course not. But it's up there with the best IGAvanias.

Also, lol at "RIP Konami" as someone's nickname.

Rick Sanchez

Oct 27, 2017
can anyone help me with this missing items :

y7LeGda.jpg

wBPdlQh.jpg

2asyGFN.jpg

J8yktC6.jpg

oWVIbi1.jpg

MxUXvT4.jpg

TK9ogCu.jpg

ukKYLdC.jpg

+

Gadget Band
Diabolist's Cap

i don't know there location

FZDH9Mv.jpg

+

Nose Glasses

if you know the items or you have it screenshot or replay there names .

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
It was Dawn of Sorrow, and Fun Fact: the reason drop rates were so bad in that game was because the Luck stat was bugged. This was only fixed via a ROM hack that I believe discovered it only two years ago or so.
Holy shit. No wonder there were some souls/items I could never get to drop, no matter what - or they took hours to get.
There's a patch which removes all the touchscreen interactions too!

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Far from the cleanest fight you'll see but maybe useful for people tackling hard mode on NG? Boss #2 using thorn whip and nothing too fancy besides upgrading some basic shards a bit. I always forget to hit the clip video button but will try to remember if helpful.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So can someone recommend me a completely fucking broke weapon to use. I'm 80% map complete.

I don't really feel op.

I'm using
Zangatsu's sword
at the mo.
The part where this plays is so special:

Man, it really hit me in the feels. I'm enjoying this game so much! <3

Yep. Loved that bit.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
That final boss was basura as they say.
The rest of the game's bosses though? mostly pretty well rounded and solid stuff, not Ecclesia level though.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I am replaying my endgame (to complete some things...)
I just noticed something odd graphically that i love...
so i have a question, for those who finished the game and its optional content
My Miriam is trailing "Ridge Racer style"
No, not the jump trail ;) The eye...
I love it, i don't want it to go, anyone knows where it comes from ?
beat IGA, got his shard, which almost completed my collection, except number 127, obviously an extra boss i don't know about yet (ng+ perhaps).
I don't have all the map (99.90), i don't have all the items.
-- side note, i love that area--
aiynt785.jpg

5qfedglw.jpg
I don't have another save not too far earlier to make sure by myself sadly.