• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My guess is you're missing probably a breakable room. Have you compared your map to the fully completed one circulating the internet as a guide? I can share it if you need it; I believe it also points out all breakable rooms.

If you could share that with me, that would be great thanks.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
1. Is it as good as the DS Castlevanias? Those are the only ones I've played.

The only real complaints I can offer are that the first couple bosses don't have such great tells as the ones on DS, and since you're familiar with them you'll probably find some of the early game in particular pretty derivative. These are minor complaints overall.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
That's intriguing. So by 'way different', the graphics get a significant upgrade, but at the expense of worse performance?

Wonder if Digital Foundry is going to take a stab at analyzing this one?

Yeah, the game I played was on "Old" in this video. When I updated, it was the "new" graphics and it was kind of surprising. But getting new shards is super laggy for a sec.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If you could share that with me, that would be great thanks.

Here you go.

Yeah, the game I played was on "Old" in this video. When I updated, it was the "new" graphics and it was kind of surprising. But getting new shards is super laggy for a sec.

What's impressive there is they've already significantly improved the lighting in one location in the final game that isn't in the trailer.

The area with those swinging axes looks so much better in the current build of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please let me know something?
Those codes that unlock weapons and other cosmetics, if I input more than one code before I start a game, does that save have those items unlocked (meaning, if I input the 34 item codes, I would unlock all 34 items for that save), or do I unlock a single item per save?

thanks

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Did you start on 1.1 and continue on 1.2? You'll likely be affected. If you're only an hour in and don't mind restarting, it's worth considering.
I think I started on 1.01 as it downloaded an update yesterday

This is awful. I've never had to restart a game again because of something like this before. 4 hours lost

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Haven't heard anyone else have this problem, the Trophies popped for all Demons/kill last boss. Left it off for a little and rebooting now to try again, hopefully it was a one off and the combination of death animation and two trophies popping did it.
So just tried the final boss again, once again when I beat it and the death animation played, my PS4 Pro's fans kicked into overdrive but thankfully it didn't shut off this time somehow. Really don't think i'll do a NG+ because I don't want to beat the final boss again. Also, during the ending scenes I had sound effects from the last boss still playing in the background.

That aside, I really loved the game.
that last boss must have been something very special to beat the ps4 like that

stone1024

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Just beat the game with the good ending and 99,9% map completion. Really enjoyed the ride, a solid 9/10.

Edit: 100% map completion now

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here you go.

What's impressive there is they've already significantly improved the lighting in one location in the final game that isn't in the trailer.

The area with those swinging axes looks so much better in the current build of the game.

Hmm, that helped me find two to get me to 99.80. The final boss room (two squares i think) are still uncovered for me even though i've already beaten it and reloaded. When I go back in I get the final boss again, is this a bug?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I got to the very end of the game and then updated to patch 1.02. Wow the graphics are way different. I like both tbh but the performance took a hit with 1.02.

Beat the game btw. Hispanicguy that fang doesn't pop up in patches under 1.02. 1.02 adds it. 12% chance of drop with the enemy I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the heads up. Kinda lame we need a patch to get an item to drop lol. Guess that's why I've encountered other enemies with ??? And nothing drops/registers.

I'm currently just flying through a Hard NG+. Picking up all the HP/MP/ammo items (looking to max out HP and MP if possible just for the hell of it) and getting boss medals to see if something happens.

Will eventually try a fresh Nightmare save because the though if not leveling up sounds really fun, lol.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, that helped me find two to get me to 99.80. The final boss room (two squares i think) are still uncovered for me even though i've already beaten it and reloaded. When I go back in I get the final boss again, is this a bug?

I beat the game and cleared the map, so it's not as if you get 100% in the final boss room. You're missing probably one or two rooms. Comb over it slowly. One of my issues was realizing I missed like, two rooms in the Entrance area.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Are the new gfx hitting Switch as well?
Besides 30fps (which is a huge blow ofc), on portable mode are there considerable differences with the big brother's version?

Getting it on Switch would be the only way I could actually play the game, I know if I'd grab it on PS4 or Xbox it would just end up in my backlog and sit there probably forever

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I beat the game and cleared the map, so it's not as if you get 100% in the final boss room. You're missing probably one or two rooms. Comb over it slowly. One of my issues was realizing I missed like, two rooms in the Entrance area.

Now stuck at 99.90, can't seem to find anything else at all though.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Now stuck at 99.90, can't seem to find anything else at all though.

You'll find it, I promise. It's gonna be something that when you see it you're gonna be mad at yourself for not getting it earlier.

Do wish that they had an option to let the map only show individual areas ala Super Metroid. That way map completion by comparing images would be easy.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
You'll find it, I promise. It's gonna be something that when you see it you're gonna be mad at yourself for not getting it earlier.

Do wish that they had an option to let the map only show individual areas ala Super Metroid. That way map completion by comparing images would be easy.

I actually just found it, it was the second square of the final boss room, I never went all the way to the left when I fought the final boss lol.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
A couple questions:

1 - Why can I not equip Bloodbringer in my Weapons? I just hear a sound effect denoting I cannot.
2 - When can I farm or whatever? I have a Rice Seed. I'm about 4 hours into the game. (20% or so...)

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Should I stop playing the Xbox version now and wait for the patch next week?
If you're worried about the "chest" bug, that was already addressed. As long as you started the game on Tuesday afternoon or later, you're good to go.
That's good to know.

That's not true for Xbox.

Seems a new message went out to the Bloodstained Discord today that seemingly ignores the update that was given last night:
Regarding the chest bug that is blocking some people:

Currently there is a bug that occurs on consoles when a player begins a game and then downloads the 1.02 update. The bug puts chests into the incorrect open/close state. As a result, some items that are required for progress are unobtainable.

On PS4, 1.02 is already live, so we recommend restarting your game if you are seeing this issue. We do not know if/when an update will be available to fix the issue and retain save settings.

The 1.02 update is not live YET on Xbox One. We are investigating whether we can work out a fix for Xbox to prevent the issue from repeating. Once we know whether a fix is incoming or not, we will let everyone know. We will let everyone know what is up before the 1.02 update goes live.

Multiple Xbox players (and PS4 players who are already past the critical item crates) have asked what happens if they complete the game. Good news. If you complete the game you can convert that save to New Game + or make a new save and you'll be good to go. Just make sure you convert AFTER downloading 1.02.

We will update this thread when we have more info. We apologize for the error.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
A couple questions:

1 - Why can I not equip Bloodbringer in my Weapons? I just hear a sound effect denoting I cannot.
2 - When can I farm or whatever? I have a Rice Seed. I'm about 4 hours into the game. (20% or so...)

Do you have the sword familiar equipped? It's the same item, IIRC. It's a reference to the sword familiar in SotN.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A couple questions:

Not sure what your first question is referring to, but the farming is likely available to you right now. Go back to the town where Dominique and Johannes are set up. Instead of heading back to the castle, head back toward the ship (first level) and you should run right into the farmer who will introduce himself.

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
Just got 100% map completion, yay, such a great game.

Still wondering about that celeste room thought..

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping my copy will arrive today so I have a chance to play it over the weekend but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Audio distortions are irritating but the game reminds me of Aria of Sorrow, which is my favorite Castlevania. So far, it's great.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Not sure what your first question is referring to, but the farming is likely available to you right now. Go back to the town where Dominique and Johannes are set up. Instead of heading back to the castle, head back toward the ship (first level) and you should run right into the farmer who will introduce himself.

Thanks!

Bloodbringer is a sword weapon I got and now have in my weapons list...when I try to equip it it won't let me. It's the only one I cannot.

[edit] oh you can't equip it and have the Sword familiar out.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wish they had spiced combat up at least remotely compared to previous igavanias.. It feels really slow, quaint and rote, which ain't great when that's what you spend doing most of the game.

unAimed

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "welcome ritual" shard seems to be completely broken. It trivialized the 3rd and 4th boss encounter to an extreme degree. Especially compared to boss number 2 on which I wiped like 10 times...
Don't get me wrong, I like feeling op but an "I win button" this early in the game is questionable balance in my book... (pun intended)

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Late game spoilers with rant

wow they just fuckin gave up at the lava shithole, huh? I havent been this immediately pissed at a game in a long time. Not only is there no rest rooms after throwing 50 in your face for awhile, every enemy can fucking juggle you in the second room, then theres almost nothing but flying enemies that hide out of bounds taking pot shots. I can forgive jank, but not intentional garbage like this.

All that after finding not only did they nerf weapon stats, they also made the one farmable item require 8000 to dismantle. Its a singleplayer game, this shit doesnt need such overbearing gating.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
First half of the game done, NG+ next :)

I don't know who Voldi Way is, but i love him already.
ijm62esd.jpg

edit:

So just tried the final boss again, once again when I beat it and the death animation played, my PS4 Pro's fans kicked into overdrive but thankfully it didn't shut off this time somehow. Really don't think i'll do a NG+ because I don't want to beat the final boss again. Also, during the ending scenes I had sound effects from the last boss still playing in the background.

That aside, I really loved the game.

I don't think the last boss in the NG+ will spin your fans
CotM..?
remember ?
if you think about it carefully, about each character and where they are. You know...
The game is the biggest castlevania, there's more to be done, the ending we got is the wrong one i think.
The loose ends got to be tied up at NG+ -or perhaps nightmare difficulty, but i don't think so, my money is on NG+-, not Bloodstained 2 i think.

Last edited:

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
So I restarted the game today due to that chest bug. Didn't wanna take any risks only reached the second boss.

However the plunderer ring on my new game wasn't in the chest on the first level like the first time I played? Wtf? Instead I got another item? Another bug?

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
The "welcome ritual" shard seems to be completely broken. It trivialized the 3rd and 4th boss encounter to an extreme degree. Especially compared to boss number 2 on which I wiped like 10 times...
Don't get me wrong, I like feeling op but an "I win button" this early in the game is questionable balance in my book... (pun intended)
Upgrade it for more damage and pictures. With the spiral sword I have just put DPSd every boss so far.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Steel Lightning is my new favorite weapon. It lightning persist through the entire arc. I can get in multiple swings in on a lot of enemies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
How does Johannes learn new weapons to craft? I need another Gram, and I know I have the requirements...
1x Steel
1x Obsidian
1x Flamberge
but he won't offer it.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought both the Sword of Dawn and the Encrypted Orchid. The Encrypted Orchid is awesome because it is a one-handed sword that also adds on some lightning damage AND it has a fuckin rad special attack.

Sword of Dawn I was hoping would summon the Dawn Warriors like in SOTN but I haven't found anything special about it yet. However, you can get the 16-bit Coin and 32-bit Coin and combine each one with a Dawn Sword to make a better version of it, so I'm thinking the upgraded versions must do something.
Thanks.
And how does one craft it. Please.

Last edited:

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding it harder to make money in this than previous Igavanias. Any advice?

You can get Shards that help with that:

One can give you more money when you sell.

One can make enemies drop more gold.

One can give you more items when crafting. Meaning instead of receiving just 1 item from a craft you might get 3 or 5! Use what you need then sell the rest.

Another way is by grinding out this late optional boss:

Slot Machine.

I THINK there are some accessories that can help, too. Not home right now so I can't give the exact name.