• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stuck at work wanting to go back and play more. It's been a while since a game had it's hooks in me this deep. I really wish I was a kid during summer vacation so I could just 100% the hell out of this.

What weapons are people gravitating toward? Are here any really handy weapon arts from the 8-bit weapons worth mastering?
I love the Encrypted Orchid. Its a longsword that adds on lightning damage and it has a pretty cool special input attack that brings down lightning and can hit airborne enemies.

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
So, I'm quite stuck.

The last thing I did was
to succ all the blood in that pool right at the Castle Entrance. Then I've been wandering for two hours, I even managed to get into the desert area SOMEHOW with a spell that propells myself underwater but... I know that I shouldn't be here right now. I know that first I should obtain a swimming upgrade, but I simply can't find it.

Any hints?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
With sequel talk, I think Wayforward would be a good candidate to work on it since they already have experience having come on board for this. I also wouldn't mind Yacht Club getting involved or other teams good at 2D sidescrollers. I really think the next game should be 2D, but I get that it is more expensive to create those assets. In Bloodstained's case and in the context of the history of Iga's games though, I think it'd be worth it.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm quite stuck.

The last thing I did was
to succ all the blood in that pool right at the Castle Entrance. Then I've been wandering for two hours, I even managed to get into the desert area SOMEHOW with a spell that propells myself underwater but... I know that I shouldn't be here right now. I know that first I should obtain a swimming upgrade, but I simply can't find it.

Any hints?
I did the same thing
You're actually not too far off the path. You can choose to continue here and fight a couple bosses, one needed for story progression too, or if you haven't yet, open up the train path in the bottom right of the castle. You'll need the infamous Silver Bromide and access to the librarian to progress that way.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
So, I'm quite stuck.

The last thing I did was

Any hints?
Desert Area is good, explore it.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
With sequel talk, I think Wayforward would be a good candidate to work on it since they already have experience having come on board for this. I also wouldn't mind Yacht Club getting involved or other teams good at 2D sidescrollers. I really think the next game should be 2D, but I get that it is more expensive to create those assets. In Bloodstained's case and in the context of the history of Iga's games though, I think it'd be worth it.
Nah, they should go with IntiCreates for another glorious 8-bit game.

maddchickenz

Oct 27, 2017
Last boss I fought was
the dragon, and before that the blood lady with the Umbrella
So I guess underground waterway, but I already explored it, the only areas I didn't explore in there are the ones underwater, and I don't have swimming, i'm lost. :(

So stay in the underground waterway, and you need a shard that propels you around. Find the blue jellyfish type enemy that swims in the water (they'll swim and kind of torpedo you in a way), that shard is how you progress to the next area!

So, I'm quite stuck.

The last thing I did was

Any hints?

So funny enough that is how you swim initially is the propel shard, stay in the desert area and fight the boss, after the boss fight you'll get a shard to help progress (its actually in a room that opens up after the boss fight)

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks all for the hints.

I find the desert area intimidating and I'm struggling a bit agains its boss.

So... the propel shard is the intended method for traversing the water area at first? Quite odd.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
2.5D worked well this time. They should just refine it, specially the lighting and camera direction.

It's not worth it to balloon up the budget for a marginal "upgrade" to 2D.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
So stay in the underground waterway, and you need a shard that propels you around. Find the blue jellyfish type enemy that swims in the water (they'll swim and kind of torpedo you in a way), that shard is how you progress to the next area!

Yes I just found it, thank you.

Kind of weird having to kill a random mob and have enough rng to get the thing to get an item you absolutely need to progress. I would think you'd get something like that after defeating a boss. :p

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
2.5D worked well this time. They should just refine it, specially the lighting and camera direction.

It's not worth it to balloon up the budget for a marginal "upgrade" to 2D.
It's just a matter of opinion. The important thing here is that I want a sequel in whatever dimension it takes (so long as it's still side-scrolling). :)

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I'm at about 80% map completion and currently have no idea what to do.

I just beat Zangetsu and got his sword, he told me he wanted to beat the demon at Gebel's side but that's about it. No idea what to do now.

Go fight Gebel, but don't kill him instead inverse and slice the red moon in the background..

maddchickenz

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I just found it, thank you.

Kind of weird having to kill a random mob and have enough rng to get the thing to get an item you absolutely need to progress. I would think you'd get something like that after defeating a boss. :p

Yeah that is really the only "puzzle" in the game I have an issue with (because it relies totally on luck). They do give you a quest to kill that enemy, but it took me longer than the quest to actually get its shard. Had to look up online as well how to get underwater.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started playing last night!

SUPER weird putting in my backer ID, and having my name immediately show up in the Game. haha.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Yea part of the reason the old Igavanias were able to be churned out was that they could reuse so many assets. Now that they've spent such a long time recreating so many assets here, they definitely should be spending their energy making new games using the foundation they have, rather than scrapping it all to go 2D sprites.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
PoR and DoS had godly soundtracks, i dont understand how could anyone describe the music as 'childish', it doesn't even make sense

I mean my biggest complaint so far might be that the songs I've heard all sound like they're derived directly from songs from PoR but that's not meant to be a ding on that game at all, more that I think this game's music isn't as inspired as I'd hoped.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
So
The guy under the rock arch and the chest under the bridge in the Oriental Sorcery Lab.
How do I get to them?

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I keep taking damage in the Inferno Cavern. Those little floating fire things somehow hit me even when I dodge their pillars of flame.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Gog got a 1.05 patch with no details afaik, anyone know what it is? 1.04 was apparently just fixes for the Gog HUD

Mabec

Oct 27, 2017
It's in a chest in the area where you fought the Twin Dragons. It's a tiny little platforming puzzle.

Thanks.. Uh, I been there a few times, taken every chest I can see. Could you pin point its location for me?
f2pjTmC.png

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started playing last night!

SUPER weird putting in my backer ID, and having my name immediately show up in the Game. haha.
Where did your name appear? I tried the Backer ID thing on PS4 but it had no apparent effect. I don't know if I did something wrong, there was no obvious error message or confirmation or anything.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Where did your name appear? I tried the Backer ID thing on PS4 but it had no apparent effect. I don't know if I did something wrong, there was no obvious error message or confirmation or anything.
Same, I'm really interested why I'm not seeing any info. maybe we needed to register somewhere else? I know I chose clan Katana when that popped up on the kickstarter.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So i'm just outside the final boss room and I was wondering if anyone knew what the final three entries on the Demon list is? Also, i'm at 97% shards and I have all in the list, will i get these last ones from the final boss?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I'm really interested why I'm not seeing any info. maybe we needed to register somewhere else? I know I chose clan Katana when that popped up on the kickstarter.
Hopefully they respond, but likely they are on PC. Only platform I have heard give any Backer ID feedback so far.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone come up with some solid money making techniques? I see the $100,000 discount card and unless it's an insane discount (95% off) or it carries over to NG+ it seems like a waste.

Mabec

Oct 27, 2017
So go all the way to the bottom, then go to the left side of the pillar and flip the world fall all the way to the top
Take the elevator to the bottom floor, go to the room on the right, then use invert.
XeFrOrQ.png

Marked it in yellow for you.

Thank you x 3. Even tho I been there I missed it?? Amazing. This game couldnt be more cryptic even if it tried.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
So can anyone tell me if there's truly a Crissaegrim/Valmanway equivalent weapon other than the one that drops relatively early on? I've been really hesitant to try other weapon types because they feel so constricting in comparison, but I've certainly seemed to reach the limits of its effectiveness.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Bathtub lady is making me feel like I'm underleveled significantly, like holy shit I'm absolutely wailing on her and she just DOES NOT DIIIIIE, yet she has at least three noticeable phases of battle where here moveset increases, yet it takes me yonks to reach them alone, let alone how much damage I take from slipping up.