• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 26, 2018
Alright, I'm lost I don't know where to go...

I'm at 44% map clear (though it's probably a little higher than it's probably supposed to be, since I did some platforming bullshit to get to an area that it didn't seem like I was supposed to go yet)

I got the silver bromide and used it to get "identification", what's next?

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd still really like to hear some Switch impressions from some of the people who got it early.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
It's j
You'll hear me whine about a e s t h e t i c, and I think it is definitely warranted here, but don't get me wrong. The game does have a look to it.

qL0QRa2.jpg

sBni9wa.jpg

Even in the best parts, it's just too *SHINY* looking, as if everything is made of polished chrome.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Had a really good time with the doppelganger, learned to avoid most of her attacks but couldn't really do
much damage to her. Ended up luring her to the sides and hitting her with the spear shard - for whatever reason they hit her twice each at that position.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
"How do you swim under water"

You can get a soul from a jellyfish which allows you to spray water and thus move underwater

alchemist in the desert => you get a white shard which makes you sink underwater, enabling you to get chests

And then theres a shard which makes you move faster with method 2

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh.. I'm going around kicking walls everywhere. Feels like the food ol days playing sotn all over again.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Alright, I'm lost I don't know where to go...

I'm at 44% map clear (though it's probably a little higher than it's probably supposed to be, since I did some platforming bullshit to get to an area that it didn't seem like I was supposed to go yet)

I got the silver bromide and used it to get "identification", what's next?

head to the bridge of evil in the SE of the castle after the garden of silence

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Dear god, the painting shard is ridiculously overpowered, at least early game where I am. It's so OP it got me stuck in a wall after defeating a boss with it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I started yesterday on PS4, v 1.01. Not that far, but far enough that I'm loathe to restart. I'd hate to fool myself into thinking I wasn't bitten by the bug, then progress up to the point where I was.

As much as it sucks, think I'll just rip the bandaid off and restart now. I'm irritated that I have to do this, though.

I'm in the same boat, man. I got about 90 minutes in yesterday, and I'm annoyed that I have to start over now.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
I went into this game blind, I have watched maybe 1 Minute of Alpha footage and after 1 hour in I can't say much, except:
I got a new Castlevania game, in 2019 :)

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
If you're playing the game like I am (getting all/most of the shards, drops, upgrading ranks/grades, etc.), 10-12 hours isn't happening. :)

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Riga Storaema is almost hilariously broken. Wouldn't be surprised if they nerf that next.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
It's j

Even in the best parts, it's just too *SHINY* looking, as if everything is made of polished chrome.
To be fair I think those shots in particular, especially the bottom, are going for an ornate metallic sheet work look so some amount of shine makes sense, compared to the flatter matte of the stone floor in the top shot, but in general I agree the overall slathered materials on everything looks bad.

Silver_Plated_Jewelerry_Box_as098a048b.jpg

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
In the town area where all your NPC friends are, in the open field area just to the left of of the four exit corridor that connects to Dominique and Johannes, theres' a guy who will plant your seed and grow crops for you.

Oh My god I just realized I never went back to the left and thought only that one small section with the kill monsters Quest lady was was the "hub" area

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone help me with these two queries? I'm at 80% map completion if you want a spoiler gauge.
Does anyone know where to go after fighting Gebel (specifically after slashing the moon with the Zangetsuto)? I've been wandering around for 90 minutes now.

Also, how do you get to Benjamin in the Oriental Sorcery Lab? He's sat under a stone arch and I can't for the life of me find a way in.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Can anyone help me with these two queries? I'm at 80% map completion if you want a spoiler gauge.
Does anyone know where to go after fighting Gebel (specifically after slashing the moon with the Zangetsuto)? I've been wandering around for 90 minutes now.

Also, how do you get to Benjamin in the Oriental Sorcery Lab? He's sat under a stone arch and I can't for the life of me find a way in.
remember that odd red moon in the garden of silence? Also they hint about chasing the moon in their exchange after beating gebel

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
So I fought gebel last night but after defeating him
I was greeted with a "game over" screen and was send back to the title screen. I'm guessing I have to explore the castle a bit more before fighting him? I was only at 41% when I did.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
On the xbone, but kind of don't want to play anymore until they get these bugs worked out. A bit disappointed in the lack of polish I've seen here and there after being in development for so long

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this game is so damn good. I hope it get rave reviews. I just wish it was even longer even though the map is huge.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a wind sword you can get from scissorman enemies that is ridiculous (especially since you get it after the sword passive which I believe is the passive tutorial shard). Incredibly fast weapon that doesn't even need to be tied to attack animations so you can just spam the ever living shit out of it.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Little lost here, wondering if someone can give me some late game help.

I have the Invert ability now but I've been everywhere and can't find out where to go next, sitting at 75% map completion. On another note, where do I find curry sauce for the beef curry recipe?

In case you haven't figured it out, as you posted this a bit ago...

Your main place to go is the Entrance. Look for an area with one of those statues that if you walk into it, it hurts you. You have to Invert and use the grab power you got from the second boss.

However, before you even tackle that, you need to backtrack a bit. You also need to equip an armor that makes you immune to spikes, and that's found by Inverting on the first 3D scrolling screen at the two towers. They housed the armor under golden spikes. You need this armor to progress, and when you have it, do the above.

Hope this helps. When the game is clear about pointing you in a direction, it's great. When it stops giving you bulletpoints in terms of areas and things to consider, it gets confusing. This one is rather mystifying as unlike Bloodless' ability, you don't even know you need to use Invert at the towers because it's in an area you can't see unless you were able to Invert..

Also, for those who have the backer DLC, I think you know where to look to find IGA. ;)

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a wind sword you can get from scissorman enemies that is ridiculous (especially since you get it after the sword passive which I believe is the passive tutorial shard). Incredibly fast weapon that doesn't even need to be tied to attack animations so you can just spam the ever living shit out of it.
Edit: wrong thread

Last edited:

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I fucking love that weapon, I had to farm for it for a good 30 minutes because the first time I got it I lost it after getting killed by the witch that is right above the first scissor man you encounter.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Range is too short for it to have any real use on Nightmare sadly

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking forward to playing Bloodstained this week, but apparently I forgot to confirm my shipping address to FanGamer before the copies went out for shipping, so it looks like my copy will be delayed, I dunno how long for. Dammit all. The only reason I even knew about the re-confirmation was because I was watching Excessive Profanity's stream of the game and decided to check my backer page on a whim.

That said, reading through this thread, it seems that the game has quite a few bugs to sort out, so maybe that's a blessing in disguise?

Oh well, back to the Castlevania Collection I go...

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck my favorite SotN familar is in this complete with it full gimmick
If it's what I'm thinking...
The Sword familiar can be equipped like a normal sword. I'm trying to figure out how to make the sword stronger. Rank, Grade, and Level all make sense but at the moment I don't know what if any combination of the three make it better.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I fought gebel last night but after defeating him
I was greeted with a "game over" screen and was send back to the title screen. I'm guessing I have to explore the castle a bit more before fighting him? I was only at 41% when I did.

It's a callback to SotN. There's something you need to do in the castle to get a better ending