• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question. On the save file select screen, in the options you can put in your Backer ID. What's that about, and how do i found out mine ?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Somehow it didn't hit me that I was playing a new Igavania until I equipped my first weapon. I can't believe this is finally out.

Oct 27, 2017
Just messed around for a bit... looks like native 4K60 to me. :)

Aside from a rare bug I encountered (happened once and never again) and some inconsistent framerate, it's perfectly playable and I would highly suggest pulling that trigger ;)

Don't let that inconsistent framerate scare you. It's nothing game breaking but you will come across it.

Sweet. Thanks guys, I'll get it later tonight.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my shipping notice and tracking number (on release date ... hooray) the good news is there's a chance it will show up before the weekend.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Played about an hour of it and got out of the ship area and oh man... this is great. I'm almost sad I didn't back it now, lol... just been burned too many times. I agree with a lot of the impressions, it makes no attempt to hide the fact it's just a Symphony of the Night era Castlevania, and it's great. Feels good to play, I felt instantly at home equipping everything and looking at the menus, music sounds great so far, really like the improved look, and I could go on.

Presentation wise, the only thing I don't really like is the font work looks somehow more sterile than arial or helvetica. This is something I barely ever recognize, but with all the style this game has, the font being vanilla as sans serif font (probably either of the two I listed tbh) just sort of stands out. That, and in the dialogue cutscenes the models look a bit low res, despite looking pretty good in action cut scenes. That said, both of these are minor complaints at best.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As usual USPS is nowhere to be found but its "on the way" and I won't get a code until tomorrow. I know this is just means waiting a couple of day but I don't see me kickstarting something again. I'll go digital which is release date or with Bestbuy who uses UPS and has only failed me once out of all the times I've used them, damn this sucks.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Have about a third of the map done and I'm quite liking the game, though of course the feeling of "am I going to this place too early" and "what if I miss an upgrade" tend to color my experience a bit. I can already see in hindsight how the game guides you along in a "specific" manner, so the only confusion is not getting maps as pickups as this is what usually would guide you in a more specific sense.

My main criticism, and I feel I can say so with confidence already, is that the quests are fucking bad. I thought the beta used the "kill x" as a placeholder idea. I didn't realize that was nearly a third of the quests you get, and the other two types are not much better.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered already, but what's on the disc? Are there game breaking bugs or performance issues that prevent you from playing through the game without the day one patch? Or is it just a content update?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have about a third of the map done and I'm quite liking the game, though of course the feeling of "am I going to this place too early" and "what if I miss an upgrade" tend to color my experience a bit. I can already see in hindsight how the game guides you along in a "specific" manner, so the only confusion is not getting maps as pickups as this is what usually would guide you in a more specific sense.

My main criticism, and I feel I can say so with confidence already, is that the quests are fucking bad. I thought the beta used the "kill x" as a placeholder idea. I didn't realize that was nearly a third of the quests you get, and the other two types are not much better.
I mean the quests and story is completely throwaway. Quests are an excuse to get rewards for monsters your already killing. Good thing is this has in abundance all the rpg type mechanics that SOTN and others were known for.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered already, but what's on the disc? Are there game breaking bugs or performance issues that prevent you from playing through the game without the day one patch? Or is it just a content update?
I'm not really sure if there are any bugs later on but I played a good part of the game (about 2 or 3 hours) without installing the update and I didn't find any bugs. This is on ps4.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

The game is completely playable without the patch but you may come across some bugs and framerate issues. Nothing, IMO, that would make you dislike the game or feel the need to wait for the patch. I've said this before but the biggest bug I've encountered was having my character teleport across some rooms then freeze, lol. So random. I restarted my game and never encountered that again.

This is on Xbox One X, btw.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
This is my goty so far. There hasn't been many good games this year I've played even Sekiro disappointed me but this is definitely my fave so far.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Made it past the double tower dudes from the trailers and that'll do me for the day.
This game really goes for that "remember SotN?!" approach, one room in the caverns almost felt ripped wholesale from SotN, one musical nod I swiftly stumbled into got me a trophy though so yay.

Getting into the groove of things, what pleasantly surprises me is that the drop rates aren't complete poop so you can build up loot and shards as you go quite handily.
Love the weapon selection bringing the options of the DS games with the hidden moves more common in SotN, not so fond on how the quick swap stuff works even if the ability to paste current equipment tones down the menu diving when you just want to have another weapon on quick swap.

Visuals have me going between "damn this looks pretty great" and "oh no, the judders, the surprise loading, whhhhyyy?!"

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
First thing I noticed when opening steam was that new art - ohhh my gooooddddd *o*

Switch owners - how's the performance?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Also for those with the backer DLC, big question.

Where's IGA? I know the game gives you the hunting quest for him right away if you have the DLC, but I was curious to know what area he's in.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Such an epic clusterfuck today is for Bloodstained. They want reviewers to earnestly wait to review the game with Day 1 patch... only... day 1 is nearing closure and no patch. I guess they're gonna have to accept their 7/10's or whatever.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Also for those with the backer DLC, big question.

Where's IGA? I know the game gives you the hunting quest for him right away if you have the DLC, but I was curious to know what area he's in.

I read a comment in the Steam forums by the developer that the boss hasn't been implemented yet.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Came back home and booted the game up again and the sounds are cracklier than ever D: I even tried turning everything down and it still crackles like crazy. I got a pretty strong pc so I don't think that's an issue.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on how it is on an Xbox One X. I'm really close to pulling the trigger.
It's good on my end except for one weird room with three levels and two enemies everyone is slows to crawl there not sure why since it's good elsewhere with way more crazy stuff happening. Also one of the shard moves you learn will plummet frame rate also. Not trying to bum you out I love it so far but trying to help!

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Apparently there's some GameGrumps stuff in this game? Any idea if it's just a voice or a gameplay element or something? Or am I reading this tweet wrong?

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018

Apparently there's some GameGrumps stuff in this game? Any idea if it's just a voice or a gameplay element or something? Or am I reading this tweet wrong?

There were like a dozen or so "Clans" in the Kickstarter, including a bunch of youtubers, and each got to design something for the game.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
What does a Shards "grade" do? I know you get them whenever the enmies drop an additional shard for that ability, but I have no clue what it does.

I wanna farm that Dulla Hammer skill. Way to cool

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The game is completely playable without the patch but you may come across some bugs and framerate issues. Nothing, IMO, that would make you dislike the game or feel the need to wait for the patch. I've said this before but the biggest bug I've encountered was having my character teleport across some rooms then freeze, lol. So random. I restarted my game and never encountered that again.

This is on Xbox One X, btw.
Thanks for info!

Oh, that was a silly optional boss.

The slot machine underneath where Gebel is wins prizes for not only being a sentient slot machine, but also offering up a surprising amount of variety in terms of its various slot attacks. The Lili acting a croupier is also a nice touch.