• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 26, 2018
I think my game is haunted, tried starting a new game and it crashed while loading and now I have 2 saves in the top slots, despite them saying "---- Mew Data ----".

obdlVk1.png

EternalWolf

May 20, 2018
Anyone that ordered this from Best Buy for either PS4/Xbox get the Steel Case that the Switch version shows it comes with? The case has both a CD holder and Card holder so it should be given away for any of them but just want to make sure you can get it for PS4 before I waste my time going to pick it up.

I just tried earlier today. Yesterday I pre-ordered the Switch version at Best Buy Location 1 and PS4 version at Best Buy Location 2. I went to pickup the PS4 version at Location 2 and they didn't even receive the the Novobox/Switch version yet, but they told me Location 1 did and that the had extra Novoboxes. I went there, said I pre-ordered the PS4 version at Location 2 but they didn't have the Novobox and that they told me to come here. They got me a copy of the game but wouldn't give me the Novobox because they cant sell it/scan it until the 25th. The employee didn't know why but it's obviously because you only get it if you pre-order the Switch version and the Novobox is locked on that date as well.

The reason I went through all this trouble was because I was afraid they would be handing out the Novobox to people who pre-ordered the PS4/X1 version and that by the time next week came around they wouldn't have an left since it's first come first serve, but it appears you can only get it as a pre-order bonus for the Switch or possible buy it for $14.99 on the 25th or later if they have extra available.

So yeah, I'm just waiting until next week because if I don't get the Novobox I would rather have it digitally on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I just tried earlier today. Yesterday I pre-ordered the Switch version at Best Buy Location 1 and PS4 version at Best Buy Location 2. I went to pickup the PS4 version at Location 2 and they didn't even receive the the Novobox/Switch version yet, but they told me Location 1 did and that the had extra Novoboxes. I went there, said I pre-ordered the PS4 version at Location 2 but they didn't have the Novobox and that they told me to come here. They got me a copy of the game but wouldn't give me the Novobox because they cant sell it/scan it until the 25th. The employee didn't know why but it's obviously because you only get it if you pre-order the Switch version and the Novobox is locked on that date as well.

The reason I went through all this trouble was because I was afraid they would be handing out the Novobox to people who pre-ordered the PS4/X1 version and that by the time next week came around they wouldn't have an left since it's first come first serve, but it appears you can only get it as a pre-order bonus for the Switch or possible buy it for $14.99 on the 25th or later if they have extra available.

So yeah, I'm just waiting until next week because if I don't get the Novobox I would rather have it digitally on PS4.

Boom! Thank you for the response and that is exactly what I am doing as well. I don't want this game on Switch so if I can't get the Steel Case on PS4 then I will just get it digital and probably just wait until it is on sale. Thank you again!

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just pre-ordered the physical game today and I never played a 2d Castelvania(i know shame), i hope I will be fine 😊.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
I think my game is haunted, tried starting a new game and it crashed while loading and now I have 2 saves in the top slots, despite them saying "---- Mew Data ----".
It's still seeing your data from the beta. Just start on an empty slot and overwrite the first two slots or find the old save file and delete it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tempted to go out and get the PS4 version, but it's just too tempting play this while laying on my bed with my Switch instead of going into my basement to play it on PS4. But I can wait a week. I think......

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
So another backer question: The backer codes arent up yet in the US? Cant find it on my backer page... Somebody mentioned they got their codes already.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
So another backer question: The backer codes arent up yet in the US? Cant find it on my backer page... Somebody mentioned they got their codes already.
They will arrive much later. Expect days if not weeks of delay, as the same happened with Bloodstained Curse of the Moon last year.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I found my Steam keys on my backer page last night. That was before I received the email saying my codes were ready. USA

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Are those first time bonuses on cooked food permanent? Like the Rice ball gives max hp +10, con +2. That's forever when I eat my first one?

Yea, they seem to be permanent. What I'm curious is if they carry over to NG+ and can you consume more to eventually max it out. Might have to test that.

Where are the people who finished the game to tell us what changes on Hard and Nightmare without spoilers? :D

Lol, I haven't spent any time in either of those difficulties but I can tell you on Hard, the very first enemy is level 3 but on Nightmare that same enemy is level 13. Can't comment on any other differences.

how do I customize my character, is it not done at the beginning?

You'll eventually come across a room where you can customize hair, eye color, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I backed for the physical Switch version, so I have to wait unfortunately. Looks like people are really enjoying the game, which is great.

mcwizardry

Oct 25, 2017
Game is pretty cool so far, the save screen could throw up less prompts imo. Most people probably just want to quickly save to the default slot.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the developer has confirmed on the Steam forums that there's no Day 1 patch yet.

Oct 28, 2017
What do you get for inputting your backer ID? and where can I find them if they're weapon/armor?

Those are the saves from the demo, the game probably still managed to spot them somehow.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so I can start one save file with NIGHTMARE and then start a second save file with AKUMA on hard mode?

Just enter NIGHTMARE, then go back to the name entry screen and put in Akuma and you will be able to select hard still. No need to create 2 saves. Any new saves will be able to pick any difficulty too without entering NIGHTMARE again.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I may be wrong on this, but I believe the weapon is the reward for beating the boss, so no point in having the DLC before you intend to fight the boss.
Perfect! Thanks.
Haven't received a tracking number or download codes yet. I'm a backer. Hope they don't forget about me 😅
Dunno if someone replied, but I didn't get a code until I went to the fangamer website and redeemed it.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Those command combos for tsurumaru are awesome, with those kanji on screen and Miriam shouting out the words.

Missing codes

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Last edited:

Rook

Oct 30, 2017
Dancrane212 can you threadmark this?

To backers who haven't received their download code, try going here: https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/bloodstained/resend_survey

Re-send your survey, click the link in the email, and you should get to a page that says "download codes." This is how I got my steam code.

The only codes I see there are code for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. 😬

edit: I'm waiting on a PS4 download code, so that may be a big part of the problem based on other posts here.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Dancrane212 can you threadmark this?

To backers who haven't received their download code, try going here: https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/bloodstained/resend_survey

Re-send your survey, click the link in the email, and you should get to a page that says "download codes." This is how I got my steam code.

Glad at least Steam peeps have their codes. Would like to know who I should complain to (probably Sony) about the PS4 codes not being available yet >_>

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my, i'm really surprised by this game.

Last thing i saw (and played) about it was the backer demo, and that was enjoyable but kinda wonky and not that good looking.

But now it's really, really improved, i can't believe it but it looks great and the gameplay feels super thight!