• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I backed $28, so I didn't get this DLC. Is it worth owning from the beginning for the Swordwhip, or is that weapon quickly made redundant? I'm wondering because I could wait for this to go on sale for the boss fight (since I won't be strong enough for a while anyway) unless the weapon is worth having throughout the game.
I may be wrong on this, but I believe the weapon is the reward for beating the boss, so no point in having the DLC before you intend to fight the boss.

Rook

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't received a tracking number or download codes yet. I'm a backer. Hope they don't forget about me 😅

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure not to select the backer demo save when starting a new game on Steam. It freezes at the load screen

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Still debating on if I want to start with my GoG copy today or wait for the Switch copy that should (hopefully) be here next week. Was hyped on the idea of playing this on a portable but might just keep that copy sealed and stream it from PC when away. Either way, glad to hear first impressions are pretty great!

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me playing this game right now:
rnyBfAS.jpg

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there are major differences between ps4 and switch versions graphically?

Evilcrane

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Does it run better than the demos? They were surprisingly taxing.

And can I delete the saves in-game, or do I need to do it from the saves folder?

Well on my desktop (i7 4790k@4GHz + GTX 1070 + 32 Gigs RAM) it's a locked 60 fps @ 1440p with graphics settings on epic.

You'll have to detele the old demo saves manually, located around c:/users/username/appdata/local/bloodstainedRotN/saves - but there's a ton of free save slots and I just alt-tabbed out of the game and deleted the old save and the slot was free in-game.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any comparison between the one x and the ps4 pro? which one is better?

Oct 25, 2017
Well on my desktop (i7 4790k@4GHz + GTX 1070 + 32 Gigs RAM) it's a locked 60 fps @ 1440p with graphics settings on epic.

You'll have to detele the old demo saves manually, located around c:/users/username/appdata/local/bloodstainedRotN/saves - but there's a ton of free save slots and I just alt-tabbed out of the game and deleted the old save and the slot was free in-game.
Thank you! That's great to know.

Evilcrane

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Make sure not to select the backer demo save when starting a new game on Steam. It freezes at the load screen
Funny enough, for me at least, it loaded for maybe a minute and then continued off from where I was at in the demo. My inventory was wiped though and I only had a knife (did not test any further and restarted after this).

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
We're not getting shit. US PSN is a joke. Curse of the Moon codes were sent like 2 weeks after the rest of the world.
You would think the proper steps would be taken to stop it from happening again but it certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

I hope they come through but nothing deflates my hype faster than this nonsense.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
For those that have the game already, Can you view the Credits from the Main Menu? I know some games allow you to do so. I kinda wanna check out my name in the Credits ASAP xD

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wondering about choosing PC vs Switch: does this game get a significant visual boost going from 1080p to 4K on PC? Some 2D games like this don't have much of an impact but it looks like this one could look pretty shiny at 4K...

Evilcrane

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wondering about choosing PC vs Switch: does this game get a significant visual boost going from 1080p to 4K on PC? Some 2D games like this don't have much of an impact but it looks like this one could look pretty shiny at 4K...
Here's a quick clip from the PC version @ 1440p if it helps at all. I think it should look great on 4k as well.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017

I assume the game is locked at 60?

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It'll be weird to see my name in the credits. And it's been so long that I don't even remember what I put (my real name or thepenguin55)... and it's been so long since I've touched Kickstarter that I don't even remember how to look up that information! lol

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might've put in the wrong thing for my backer ID since I didn't get any items or anything when I started. Is it supposed to be the Backer Number under your pledge amount/payment type on the KS page? Can you update the backer number after starting the game or would I need to start over?

Search "KICKBLOODSTAINED" in all your emails. The #________ is your Backer ID.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Anyone that ordered this from Best Buy for either PS4/Xbox get the Steel Case that the Switch version shows it comes with? The case has both a CD holder and Card holder so it should be given away for any of them but just want to make sure you can get it for PS4 before I waste my time going to pick it up.