• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Well, just became available to install on GoG. It says it's available now, so I assume it's not just preload and I can play it as soon as it's done. Happy if so.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Got my physical backer copy yesterday for PS4 (playing on Pro) and the game is great! I played for 6 hours and have roughly 30% of the castle explored and just got to
the boss that gives you double jump.

Visually the game is... not amazing, but thankfully that's not why I'm playing. The art direction and music are both awesome though, just graphically it feels a bit last generation. Runs great on my Pro though, relatively consistent 60FPS only one bigger open area had it dip below I felt.

The game feels fantastic though! It's definitely an Iga game through and through, just like I'd expect from one of his top notch Castlevania releases. Loving it so far and can't wait to play more tonight.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
What weapon did everyone go with for their first 8-bit coin, I'm undecided but think I may take the plung on the Orchid one, don't want to spoil the name or any discription.

The katana's parry is really good so I'm not sure I can let go of that.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
What weapon did everyone go with for their first 8-bit coin, I'm undecided but think I may take the plung on the Orchid one, don't want to spoil the name or any discription.

The katana's parry is really good so I'm not sure I can let go of that.

I went with the rapier because I love fast-hitting weapons, but there is a soul that gives you increased speed and damage on 1H Swords and Maces so I should've picked one of those.

I can just devolve it and reclaim the coin but whatever, I'm well past using the weapon.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
Got my physical PS4 copy, installed and working great. Not terribly sharp on Pro but runs like butter. Now just need to wait for my dlc codes.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got my GOG backer codes. Just counting down the minutes til I can get off work and start playing.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder when we'll start seeing reviews? I'm one of the unfortunate folks who won't be getting the game until August (though I may pick up the Switch version at launch) and I'd like to read some reviews. Largely because I feel like 90% of the prerelease coverage has been predominantly negative or, at best, middling. Seems like most of the people here who have played it have been pretty positive which is good.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
The
summon buer
crystal is so op, combine it with a fast hitting weapon and you can kill a lot of the bosses almost instantly.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot the male characters name, is he playable right away or does he need to be unlocked?

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I just started playing last night and I dig this game a lot so far. It's exactly what I wanted which is to say a current gen SOTN.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously. If I didn't value my sanity, I probably could've had a review out today.

Thing is, my score would probably end up being a 6 or 6.5, simply on account of all of the bugs & crashes.
Reviewers are waiting for the day one patch. That's all there is to it.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love some help if anyone knows where to go following the Tower segment. I've retraced every path.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
You guys ever consider buying a game in a case like this?

Yeah, definitely. If something doesn't show up by EOD, then we would probably pull the trigger. It's not a high priority for us—no shade meant there, it's just that our staff isn't running at full steam post-E3–or else I would have just downloaded it this morning on my own.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I think I might've put in the wrong thing for my backer ID since I didn't get any items or anything when I started. Is it supposed to be the Backer Number under your pledge amount/payment type on the KS page? Can you update the backer number after starting the game or would I need to start over?

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I like how Shovel Knight is an enemy in this. Dude is everywhere these days.
He's not just an enemy, he's a shard/sub-weapon, drops a usable shovel, and drops an armor that changes your appearance and animations to shovel knight!

spent a long time there and still can't figure it out. is there a room i should be doing this in?

Hm, sorry, it's a bit of a blur, and I'm at work now or I'd screenshot it for you. There's a room with 3 paintings that requires
double jump
to reach a fall-away platform that will take you further along the path.

Last edited: