• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
looks like its only up on the xbox. my download file is almost 16 gb, on the store its says 8 gb. patch is supposed to be 7.5 gb, which could mean that the digital version already includes the patch.
Yes, just checked it and it's 16gb and on version 1.01.
I don't know if this is the "big" patch already. Oh well, we will see, can't wait to start playing!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still no answer PS4 pro vs Xbox ? 🙏🏻 I give up on switch due to frame rate

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ohhhh shit my game just got delivered.

Work can't end fast enough!

And to clarify- None of the backer rewards are included with this shipment, correct?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My copy just shipped!

Now the wait...hopefully I get it by this Friday! (It ships from the US, to Canada.)

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
So I know embargo is tomorrow, because of the Day 1 patch. But I wonder if that Day 1 patch will hit with the Midnight EST release on PS4.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I'm getting the PS4 version as well. I hate doing it, but I backed the Kickstarter and chose the Switch version, but I'm really bummed to hear about the 30 frames and other issues (though they should be patched, except the framerate), but screw it, I'm just keeping the Kickstarter one for the collection and pick up the regular boxed copy Friday so I can play it immediately.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Fuck it, I'm getting the PS4 version as well. I hate doing it, but I backed the Kickstarter and chose the Switch version, but I'm really bummed to hear about the 30 frames and other issues (though they should be patched, except the framerate), but screw it, I'm just keeping the Kickstarter one for the collection and pick up the regular boxed copy Friday so I can play it immediately.
What other issues? Something going on with the Switch version?

Oct 26, 2017
My PS4 Kickstarter copy arrived at my local post office this morning. Tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow, but it might arrive today as my local postmaster works faster than usps servers can update. I'll be crossing my fingers.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Those that have played it:
I am watching videos and it looks great but the run speed looks kinda sluggish. Is this an issue? Does it feel bad? Good? What are your thoughts on controls?

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
On their Discord server they are saying that "Backer codes are going out today as quickly as the platforms deliver them " whatever that entails.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am watching videos and it looks great but the run speed looks kinda sluggish. Is this an issue? Does it feel bad? Good? What are your thoughts on controls?

While I haven't played it this has been something brought up in a lot of threads. IIRC they actually exactly matched the speed cycle of Alucard in SotN so I'd imagine it feels fine, but I do agree it looks odd at first.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Holy fuck. This is beautiful.

tenor.gif

Can confirm, no Steam code yet from kickstarter
Nope. No GOG ones either. 😭

It's more of an animation issue for the run cycle animation than an issue with the overall speed, as Miriam is as fast as any IGAvania protagonist without any of the special movement stuff that you've come to expect in those games towards the end. IGAvanias are certainly slower than most Metroidvanias out there on the whole, but Bloodstained fits in real nicely with its predecessors.

Only played about an hour and a half, and I'm really pleased with both the visual enhancements over the backer demos and how much it turned out that they truncated from those demos, as there are a lot of new elements to enjoy that were not already known. Bats are still terrible, though!

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have confirmation on a steam unlock time? Can we expect midnight? Or is this gonna be another weird mid day tomorrow thing?

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
yeah you guys are right it's definitely more that the animation for running maybe looks like she should be moving faster. The ice-skating effect.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the codes don't get snagged again. I don't mind if they come midday tomorrow or whatever, but the Curse of the Moon one hurt. I think it was like 8 days late.

Also that timetable doesn't mention US PSN, lol.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is just the packaging it came with.
I got the $125 tier. The rest of my rewards will come later. Hopefully soon and everyone else as well. I'll get around to playing it tonight or later this week.

scvkSf4.jpg
I like the slipcase.

I got the 300$ tier.
I really hope the codes don't get snagged again. I don't mind if they come midday tomorrow or whatever, but the Curse of the Moon one hurt. I think it was like 8 days late.
Bloody hell, didn't know that.
My copy was just delivered. Looking forward to going home and stabbing some monsters.
1445685718196.gif