• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark-VIII

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the first area
A huge upgrade from the last Demo, still need some tweaks here and there but game is amazing!

ShinNoNoir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
So you have a gaming PC but no decent controller whatsoever [...]? Do you only play RTS and FPSes or something?
Well, yeah. I mainly use mouse and keyboard on my PC. The only other input peripherals I have are a joystick and the two controllers that came with the Vive.

until you got that one with Splatoon 2
No, I initially played Splatoon 2 with the grip. I got this controller with Xenoblade.

Fxp

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone wants to share his demo key? I backed the game but not the amount required to get the demo :(

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
The whipping animation is all wrong. Why is all angled like that? It's like they're trying to make it not like Castlevania on purpose.

Hl9dYy4.png

hiryu64

Oct 27, 2017
I redeemed my demo code, but I have a friend whom I'm gifting my second backer code to (backed at the $120ish tier), and he can't access my demo through family sharing. Not a huge deal, but if anyone's willing to spare a demo code, I and he would both appreciate it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Thought I'd be a rapier fan, but I've come to really like lances in this game. Greatswords are cool (upgraded to the Gram, which destroys LOL), but the lances have great reach and decent speed.

I find myself thinking about this game a lot when I'm not playing it, which I'll take as a very, very positive sign. :)

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd be a rapier fan, but I've come to really like lances in this game. Greatswords are cool (upgraded to the Gram, which destroys LOL), but the lances have great reach and decent speed.

I find myself thinking about this game a lot when I'm not playing it, which I'll take as a very, very positive sign. :)
I cannot stand slow weapons in these games.

The bats alone make them impossible

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Not in the demo for Bloodstained, but in past Castlevanias I've found the slow weapons to be great against bats. I don't want speed against bats (and medusa heads, etc.), I want a giant sweeping arc.
Yeah, I always liked the overhead arcs of greatswords in the GBA/DS Castlevanias too. Good for flying enemies, those ones hiding on a floor above. often gives you a huge arc that lets you hit boss weak spots from a position you can more easily retreat from too.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oookay... the village is obviously not in its final state xD

There are some nice things in the castle... the teleport and piano :)
rotn_portall6so0.jpg

rotn_piano88s3j.jpg

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I redeemed my demo code, but I have a friend whom I'm gifting my second backer code to (backed at the $120ish tier), and he can't access my demo through family sharing. Not a huge deal, but if anyone's willing to spare a demo code, I and he would both appreciate it.
Second code? I backed for $300 worth and didn't think it would result in multiple beta codes.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I finished it in an hour and I'm pretty underwhelmed. The game as a whole feels way too slow. Miriam moves as in slow-motion. Her walking speed puts me to sleep and her jumps are super floaty. The enemies are the same way, making them very predictable and easy to dispatch. I hope the demo was balanced specifically for E3 (just like the first one), because it's also shockingly easy. No enemy or group of enemies forms even a slight threat. The only small challenge in here is the last boss, who at least proved there can be some fun to be had. The whole game looks very cheap as well, but I wouldn't mind if it was more fun to play.

I guess more than anything the demo has enabled me to go in with the right expectations once the full version comes out.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good evening fellow hunters of the dark. A couple of quick (and probably dumb) questions.

1: I'm not seeing my beta code anywhere. Just the Curse of the Moon ones, and the old E3 demo from years back. What am i missing ?
2: how do i tie my Bloodstained backing to my Fangamer account ? As i didn't have one when i backed.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Good evening fellow hunters of the dark. A couple of quick (and probably dumb) questions.

1: I'm not seeing my beta code anywhere. Just the Curse of the Moon ones, and the old E3 demo from years back. What am i missing ?
2: how do i tie my Bloodstained backing to my Fangamer account ? As i didn't have one when i backed.

Did you back the game for at least $60?

Helloween

Oct 27, 2017
i did a video on the demo if anyone wants to see some footage and thoughts? If yes ill post it in an hour or so once its up

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mates, i have an issue i had in the original demo as well, pressing jump+attack simultaneously with a sword often don't result in a jump and sword swing (i have to delay attack for it to work)
is that true for you as well or is that limited to my pc ?

Helloween

Oct 27, 2017
Mates, i have an issue i had in the original demo as well, pressing jump+attack simultaneously with a sword often don't result in a jump and sword swing (i have to delay attack for it to work)
is that true for you as well or is that limited to my pc ?

I didnt have these issue with the small hop and jump no :(

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My laptop barely runs the demo, but I think it's pretty fun. It definitely plays better than it looks (I bet it plays even better at a decent framerate that my computer is not capable of).

I am very excited for the full game.

Oct 26, 2017
What is the the new beta code labeled as in our backer accounts? I see:

"Bloodstained E3 Beta Backer Demo ($60+ Beta)Steam"

But is that for the original demo from a few years back? How can I tell if I have a key for to 2018 demo? And yes, I've backed well above $60.00

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

But is that for the original demo from a few years back? How can I tell if I have a key for to 2018 demo? And yes, I've backed well above $60.00
This should be the key for the new demo. It was for me, at least.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

that's most likely the key for the new demo... at least for me it generated a key for the new demo.
I don't have a key for the old demo on the fangamer survey page.

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017
Ok, someone spoil me. How do you access these three areas so far that seem to require a higher jump?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Odd the code just popped up for me, huh.

Though i still need help linking my backing to my account. Please.
Guys, if it says E3 Beta Backer Demo this is it. The E3 demo from 2016 was not a beta demo. They should've put the year (2018) next to E3 to avoid confusion but that's the one!
Yeah. I'm a dummy. Sorry.