• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
I did a chargeback last year when they couldn't even deliver the "free" game to those who backed the game on release date.

I'm not surprised by the current mess - between late physical deliveries, no codes, beta release, locking down the official subreddit etc.
I don't blame you. Perhaps I was too forgiving as my logic at the time was "well, as long as the full game doesn't run into this problem" and I was naive enough to think that the botched Curse of the Moon release would have helped them prepare better for Ritual of the Night.

Yet, here I wait, now 4:30pm with zero communication about what's going on.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Never played a Castlevania game before, just bought it on Steam and played for 2 hours.
Really digging it so far, though iam not really good at combat (yet).

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Backers get exclusive DLC...oh wait, no, that is now available to everyone.

And as a $300 backer, I say thank God for that, because people shouldn't be punished for missing out on a Kickstarter due to financial reasons or what have you and miss out on in game content. I'm fully down with that being available to all.

The code shenanigans suck, that much is true. I have no idea why it's specifically Sony's American branch.

Game's a blast, that said.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Achievement list doesn't look overly demanding? Unless I'm missing something (only read through the list, haven't touched the game yet).

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played a Castlevania game before, just bought it on Steam and played for 2 hours.
Really digging it so far, though iam not really good at combat (yet).
Get you're having fun.
And as a $300 backer, I say thank God for that, because people shouldn't be punished for missing out on a Kickstarter due to financial reasons or what have you and miss out on in game content. I'm fully down with that being available to all.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018

The code shenanigans suck, that much is true. I have no idea why it's specifically Sony's American branch.

A boss fight and an item isn't that big of a deal, IMO.

Dark-VIII

Oct 27, 2017

Not to mention that they did ask the backers to vote on this before adding it as a DLC

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

I know you specified in game content, but what if they sold the physical items you backed for in a package for, say, 20 bucks? Considering the slipcase and the "exclusive content" were all the $60 tier were getting that was special, I think them being irritated is justified.

On a side note, as a switch backer I finally got an email with an inactive shpping number.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Do we know if the bug where the chest is already opened is present in both the PS4 and Steam versions? I'm playing on Steam and have only seen an example of the bug on a PS4

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I backed the game and chose the Switch version, so I have to wait until Tuesday to play. For everyone in NA who backed for digital on PS4 and X1, did you get your codes on launch day? I know they're saying that the codes will be sent out on Tuesday to Switch backers, but I've been burned by late codes in the past.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I backed the game and chose the Switch version, so I have to wait until Tuesday to play. For everyone in NA who backed for digital on PS4 and X1, did you get your codes on launch day? I know they're saying that the codes will be sent out on Tuesday to Switch backers, but I've been burned by late codes in the past.

I think all platforms got their digital codes on time except for PS4 NA codes, which were delayed a day.

I backed for PS4 digital and NSW physical, so double delays for me haha. I don't mind though, I'm stoked to finally play. Started my download on my PS4 from work after redeeming the code so I should have the game installed and ready to go when I get home!

Ragaar31

Oct 25, 2017
Are the Steam physical versions not shipped yet? My roommate backed at the physical version and picked PC. He was sent a code, but hasn't received word about anything physical shipping yet.

coma

Oct 28, 2017

So does this mean the Xbox version of the game is broken until next week?

Communication about this glitch/patch stuff has been awful.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Are the Steam physical versions not shipped yet? My roommate backed at the physical version and picked PC. He was sent a code, but hasn't received word about anything physical shipping yet.

He has to check the updates. Steam physical version, IIRC, isn't being shipped out until much much later because they want to include everything in the physical edition. He'll get a code to play digitally in the meantime.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Got a notification that my Switch version shipped. Hopefully it gets to me soon.

Are you sure it's shipped?

The title of the email says "shipping confirmation" but the body of the email says the tracking number is inactive and it's only been packed, and that it'll be released into the postal system closer to release date.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure it's shipped?

The title of the email says "shipping confirmation" but the body of the email says the tracking number is inactive and it's only been packed, and that it'll be released into the postal system closer to release date.
Oops, you're right. I didn't actually read the email lol.

Laaaaaaame.

Kirie

Oct 25, 2017
My Switch copy is in Pre-Shipment (I'm in Seattle) so that's exciting! Hopefully it'll ship out soon.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention that they did ask the backers to vote on this before adding it as a DLC

Just to be clear on this, they didn't ask backers to vote on this, they asked EVERYONE to vote on it. You didn't have to be a backer to vote. So of course it would go the way of making it DLC that everyone could get. Which is fine, though the least they could do is get codes and physical copies to backers first, but like all kickstarted games backers don't matter once they get your money.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Just to be clear on this, they didn't ask backers to vote on this, they asked EVERYONE to vote on it. You didn't have to be a backer to vote. So of course it would go the way of making it DLC that everyone could get. Which is fine, though the least they could do is get codes and physical copies to backers first, but like all kickstarted games backers don't matter once they get your money.
Did they even send us an update/notice about this poll? I certainly didn't notice it happening. I would've voted for it to be locked down...

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
The other issue is that they didn't even go with the poll option that won. The option that won was to have a $60 deluxe edition not to just sell it for $10.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Even if they did just ask backers, there're a ton of backers who didn't pledge to get the exclusive content who would of course vote for it to be available. Even locking it down to just backers would've been bad, though at least better than an open poll with an honor system. And yeah, not going with any of the poll answers (deluxe edition with content for 20 bucks extra, delaying the release of the content for a month) was another blow. Then defending the "price" paid by the $60 tier and not comparing it to the value of the lower tier. And defending it all by saying they were trying to prevent piracy.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I backed the game at the $150 tier, but I didn't hear about the vote for the DLC being expanded to non-backers.

If I had, boy howdy, that would have been a resounding NO! How dare people that didn't back the game get access to some game content! I wanna feel smug and superior for having the foresight, and/or disposable cash to back this game early on, so no gamer should ever have access to content made for me, the sole person that made this game possible!! It's all about my gatekeeping privileges! I need them!!

Now that that's out of the way, I don't see what the big deal is making content for backers available for everyone. When I backed the game, I didn't back it because it was going to come with goodies. I backed it because I really wanted a true Igavania. All the extras, and stretch goals, and bells and whistles were a cool bonus. Letting non-backers have access to that stuff at some point (and they're being charged for it too), is no skin off my back.

Let people enjoy the game. An extra Boss fight and weapon being made available to folks is seriously a non-issue for me, personally. I mean, if it upsets you, you do you, but I'm all for it.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that that's out of the way, I don't see what the big deal is making content for backers available for everyone. When I backed the game, I didn't back it because it was going to come with goodies. I backed it because I really wanted a true Igavania. All the extras, and stretch goals, and bells and whistles were a cool bonus. Letting non-backers have access to that stuff at some point (and they're being charged for it too), is no skin off my back.

Let people enjoy the game. An extra Boss fight and weapon being made available to folks is seriously a non-issue for me, personally. I mean, if it upsets you, you do you, but I'm all for it.
I agree.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Got a notification that my Switch version shipped. Hopefully it gets to me soon.

Got the email too for my Switch copy. Hope it is shipping pretty soon!

Can you tell me how much you pledged and what does the email say that is shipping to you and the cost exactly?

I pledged $100, for the Alchemist Treasure, but my email confirmation says they are shipping the game and a $60 slipcase. It doesn't say anything about the Alchemist package.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Can you tell me how much you pledged and what does the email say that is shipping to you and the cost exactly?

I pledged $100, for the Alchemist Treasure, but my email confirmation says they are shipping the game and a $60 slipcase. It doesn't say anything about the Alchemist package.

I was just the $60 tier, so my email just listed those two things. I think the other stuff in the Alchemist package has been delayed through.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I was just the $60 tier, so my email just listed those two things. I think the other stuff in the Alchemist package has been delayed through.

I wish these people would be a bit more detailed. Now I don't know if they are shipping a $60 tier incorrectly, of if they are giving me $60's worth, and they'll send the rest of $40's worth later.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

You should really check the kickstarter updates. The rest of the stuff won't come for some time.