• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
No one was ever asked or required to create an account. Fangamer is acting off the list of backers exported from Kickstarter. Every last email they send has that link, it's the only way to access the backer information.

I can confirm this, my pledge was with PayPal and all fangamer related emails I received was on the same email from PayPal.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hope backer copies don't arrive SUPER late. Wouldn't be bothered if I got it one week later at max.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Figure I'd share this interview, as it seems to be a bit striking to me. IGA straight up says that if he could work on Castlevania again, the first game he'd do would be the Julius Belmont game.

Just think, after Order of Ecclesia, the next in-house game he was probably thinking of was this, but then Konami was Konami before we learned about how Konami they were after the Kojima debacle.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Figure I'd share this interview, as it seems to be a bit striking to me. IGA straight up says that if he could work on Castlevania again, the first game he'd do would be the Julius Belmont game.

Just think, after Order of Ecclesia, the next in-house game he was probably thinking of was this, but then Konami was Konami before we learned about how Konami they were after the Kojima debacle.
Ugh.

As someone who didn't care for LoS that's disheartening. I'm hoping Bloodstained is a success.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

I believe it fell down after the Alucard 360 game was cancelled, 1999 wouldn't have come out on any of the systems at the time, or it would have been a 3D game

IGA would probably had made 2 or 3 more games some random place on the timeline before 1999

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Ugh.

As someone who didn't care for LoS that's disheartening. I'm hoping Bloodstained is a success.
Thats the only way i can see a new 1999 Castlevania happening, Bloodstained is a huge, huge success and suddendly Konami is interested in giving the license to Igarashi, that and the continuing popularity of the Netflix series and Smash.

Who knows, stranger things have happened on this industry

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it fell down after the Alucard 360 game was cancelled, 1999 wouldn't have come out on any of the systems at the time, or it would have been a 3D game

IGA would probably had made 2 or 3 more games some random place on the timeline before 1999

IGA's two major "gaps" in the timeline that were events and not games were the Quincy Morris story and the Demon Castle War, so those were probably what he was narrowing down towards.

I may also be wrong with the dates here, but I believe in 2007 PORTRAITofRUIN (remember that leaker, fam?) mentioned there were two 1999 games in production, one for the DS and one for the PS2. Julius was to star in one, and Alucard in the other. I believe these projects both got cancelled as the only game released in 2007 was Dracula X Chronicles, a largely outsourced game. I believe the 2008 Alucard game was just Konami Japan's pitch for the series, which was largely struck down because of MercurySteam's pitch and the influence of Hideo Kojima.

Thats the only way i can see a new 1999 Castlevania happening, Bloodstained is a huge, huge success and suddendly Konami is interested in giving the license to Igarashi, that and the continuing popularity of the Netflix series and Smash.

Who knows, stranger things have happened on this industry

It seems the series currently has an unnamed producer, one that Konami is actually trying to hide very well. He/she is not credited in either the Netflix show or the Anniversary Collection by name, even though this person has overseen both projects, and is probably producing Grimoire of Souls, the post-Dawn of Sorrow mobile game. I know IGA approved of the draft to the Netflix show, but that was all the way back in 2007 or 2008, so I don't think he's somehow secretly the guy pushing the series again. It would be some crazy work to have him secretly be pushing 'vania as he's literally making Not-'vania. :p

We also have users on this very forum mentioning how Konami wants to "counter" Bloodstained, so I take this to mean they actually are planning a video game that isn't a collection. Dusk Golem was one such user. In fact, Dusk Golem's post is very interesting (though this isn't the post that mentions they wish to "counter" Bloodstained, which I believe was a more direct post about Castlevania and Bloodstained) as the only thing that's not checked off from that post is the Konami bit.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Huh, a new Konami Castlevania to counter Bloodstained would be shocking indeed, comparisons wouldn't stop ever and its not impossible with the push they are giving to the series 😁
But who knows, exciting times

Jan 11, 2018
Huh, a new Konami Castlevania to counter Bloodstained would be shocking indeed, comparisons wouldn't stop ever and its not impossible with the push they are giving to the series 😁
But who knows, exciting times

That's pretty much what happened with Mighty no.9 and Mega Man 11 though. Not that Konami is comparable to Capcom these days, but at least there seems to at least be some life left in them.

Oct 28, 2017
That's pretty much what happened with Mighty no.9 and Mega Man 11 though. Not that Konami is comparable to Capcom these days, but at least there seems to at least be some life left in them.
Nah, Konami is profiting a lot out of pachinko they're not going to bother to make a huge step and making a new game from the ground up. I'm actually surprised that they're going to release these Castlevania/Contra/arcade collection games, but those are probably didn't require a lot of money or effort to invest in.

Castlevania should stay dead, I don't want to see Julius taking out Dracula in a pachinko machine.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
It's release month! You are now dangerously close to holding in your hands (or on your hard drive, as the case may be) a copy of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, the game you helped make possible. Games have already begun arriving at the warehouse to be prepared for shipment.
With release month finally here, we thought now would be a good time to show you some of the rewards we've been working on. (Don't worry, we won't show you the giant castle map from the $500 tier—it's a little early to spoil that.)
First up is the backer-exclusive slipcase. We really like how the holo-foil finish turned out, and we hope you will too.

4f3dd42e09af87847bea1lekg1.jpg

2f7df07eb511fd1eeed8223k0w.jpg

We also wanted to show you the backer-exclusive shirt. Designed by Nina Matsumoto, who did our earlier Alchemist's Curse design, this one—which we'll only be printing for the backer rewards—features Gremory.

05d0f5166e274f118efa1thkjh.jpg

Next week we'll be showing you more of the rewards and passing along your final game distribution/shipping details and instructions—you'll be playing Bloodstained before you know it. Until then, enjoy the home stretch.

Man, that slipcase looks awesome!

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
So will people that paid $100+ get both slip covers?

Yes, it seems like the $100+ tier get both sleeves according to the original backer images from the campaign:

$60+:
d29b435e8e3b8f8ce8f842jj6b.jpg

$100+:

09eda621cd6d68d0ac5e5vuk9i.jpg

"Special Kickstarter-edition physical copy... plus slipcase, keychain, lapel pin, button, Soundtrack CD (+digital album), retro strategy booklet, and your name in the credits! Packing to be illustrated by Ayami Kojima."

The slipcase and the Illustrated sleeve are shown separately and not one over the other.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Soooooooooooo can I buy that shirt separately?

They say it's a backer exclusive shirt, so I imagine not. Perhaps they'll change their minds later on down the line, but it's doubtful.

That video is really nice. The game looks so polished! I'm hoping they ship out the physical copy of the game on time. I'd love to actually be able to play it on launch day. I don't care about waiting for the physical backer awards to arrive at the same time, I just want my PS4 copy!

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I really, REALLY wish I would've backed this... one of my most anticipated games in a loooong time, and now I'm kicking myself because I didn't...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I really, REALLY wish I would've backed this... one of my most anticipated games in a loooong time, and now I'm kicking myself because I didn't...

I didn't back Hollow Knight and it was a gotg for me

I did back Shovel Knight and it was a gotg for me

As long as you play great games eventually it doesn't matter

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
It was too late to change platforms on Fangamer once we'd found out about the Switch version being 30fps. If anyone wants to buy my (European) code off me, hit me up, willing to sell it for 25 bucks instead of the 40 it goes for on the eShop.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
For those curious, Angel commented in the Kickstarter comments:

"Angel CorluxCollaborator about 1 hour ago
To answer some questions I've seen:

- All signed rewards will definitely be done by hand. Was just talking to Fangamer the other day about organizing the shipment to ArtPlay to get the signatures applied and then sent to Fangamer global distribution centers.

- Soundtrack is the full OST, no sampler nonsense.

- Today we showed the $60 slipcase that goes over the game. The $100 box/case that Kojima's art will be shown in another update (currently planned for next Thursday) If you are getting the Kojima case/box then inside you will also receive the $60 slipcase.

- We are currently on track to deliver physical and digital versions of the game to all backers on their respective launch days, depending on their platform choice and territory. (Excluding Japan which we are working on)"

The hype while the Kickstarter was ongoing was insane. No regrets for my Signed Collector's Edition. Can't wait for that to come.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I might be the only one, but I'm not crazy about the shirt they chose. Was hoping for Miriam of a better design.

If anyone is interested in buying my Large off of me, send me a DM when the time comes.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to see the Kojima illustration. Got the 100€ version for that alone lmao.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I am recieving a Switch copy and I no longer have a Switch if you would like my $60 tier copy. I am bummed they won't let you change what platform you want now. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I am recieving a Switch copy and I no longer have a Switch if you would like my $60 tier copy. I am bummed they won't let you change what platform you want now. Send me a PM if you are interested.
I'm actually skipping the Switch version because of the 30FPS cap, but thanks anyway.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember seeing a t-shirt in the backer rewards and when I went back and looked at the campaign page, I couldn't find it in there. Am I blind? Did some other reward get replaced with shirts and I missed the announcement?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I like that the slipcase is not just the cover art yet again. The cover art is lovely, but I'm tired of seeing it. I bet the black + holo finish will look really nice in person. Can't wait to see the Kojima one. That could very well make me truly regret not backing at a higher tier. :)