• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that it is in the best interest of the creators to get their content out there to as many people as possible, and also, just because you backed a project (even for $texas) doesn't entitle you to have any kind of input over release decisions unless there was some previous agreement.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'd say that it is in the best interest of the creators to get their content out there to as many people as possible, and also, just because you backed a project (even for $texas) doesn't entitle you to have any kind of input over release decisions unless there was some previous agreement.

There was a previous agreement, the pledge said backer-exclusive content. Now that's probably non binding but it's right there. They offered it up as incentive for people to plunk down more money, and in some respects it's the same level as if they completely reneged on what they promised as far as pledges and just delivered everyone the base game because the agreement was non binding.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course its in their interests. The greed lights start blinking and the fuck you got mine mentality kicks in knowing they got as much initial money as possible and instead of honoring commitments they can make even more.. Agreements like 'give us 60 insteasd of 28 for backer only dlc' mean nothing to these types. So long term i wont support them again but short term they'll make their dollars.

Nov 18, 2017
Honestly, it escapes my understanding how there are people who have voted so that others can't access to certain content. Literally, everyone having access to all the content benefits us all equally, even more so for free.

You are not understanding:

THE GAME CREATORS offered it as exclusive content for backers in EXCHANGE FOR MONEY. Backers didn't force them to do that. It isn't those paid backers who are gatekeeping.

Seriously people need to stop blaming backers for this shit.

Currently a person who pledged $28 can now get the dlc for $38 total, versus someone who pledged $60 during the Kickstarter. Can you seriously not comprehend why a $60 backer would be upset if the dlc was why they pledged?

Nov 18, 2017
Don't let anyone say gamers are not anything but entitled.

The majority of those supporting "dlc for everyone" are those with high tiers who are getting physical exclusives, or those who paid at a lower tier or didn't back at all, and now want access to the dlc for cheap.

Someone who paid for a specific tier is rightly entitled to expect those rewards to be upheld.

I doesn't matter too much to me personally, but on principle it bugs me seeing people mischaracterise this whole argument as entitled gate-keeping and essentially attacking those who feel aggrieved.

Let's see how these $200 pledges would feel if the box, poster and artbook were released in a separate pack for $50.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't let anyone say gamers are not anything but entitled.
If by entitled you mean dont like being lied to and scammed out of 22 dollars then that's 100% correct. I have less issue about the dlc being for anyone than i do them lying and saying it takes x amount of money to get it and you have to get it during the campaign.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
From what I read, some people are mad, because backers were promised something it won't be fulfilled and they are complaining about it? That's it? >:^|

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The majority of those supporting "dlc for everyone" are those with high tiers who are getting physical exclusives, or those who paid at a lower tier or didn't back at all, and now want access to the dlc for cheap.

Someone who paid for a specific tier is rightly entitled to expect those rewards to be upheld.

I don't actually think it matters too much, but on principle it bugs me seeing people mischaracterise this whole argument as entitled gate-keeping and essentially attack those who are unhappy.
If you paid $28 for the game you're still getting the back pack DLC for free, you got Curse of the Moon for free, and still paid $12 less than retail.

If you paid $60 then congratulations, you helped get this project funded and made. Thanks to your patronage and other 64,000 people millions could be playing this game next month. You're made generous donation, you're not an investor or freaking stock holder.

That's how crowdfund works and if you don't like it please never back anything ever again.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Wow. I backed the game well beyond $60 not for any extra rewards but because of my love for Iga's previous games and my desire to see this succeed.

I must have my priorities out of wack.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I read, some people are mad, because backers were promised something it won't be fulfilled and they are complaining about it? That's it? >:^|
Make no mistake. Backers are getting everything they were promised. The main things people seen bitching about is A) not being able to get the steelbook Best Buy is offering (this was never promised in the first place but ok, maybe I'll accept this one) and B) they're selling the backer exclusive rewards as $10 paid DLC and they don't get to gatekeep content from the game.

Nov 18, 2017
If you paid $28 for the game you're still getting the back pack DLC for free, you got Curse of the Moon for free, and still paid $12 less than retail.

The DLC pack didn't come with the $28 tier, which is why people upgraded to $60.

I'm playing devil's advocate here. I'm disappointed but don't think it's a big deal. I do however think your attitude sucks.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond the boss and sword whip, what other backer only dlc is being sold?
It's just that. It was an exclusive boss fight, which fucking sucks, because it's game content tied to some players.

When I backed I certainly thought that was a good incentive, but since then, I've backed many, many other KSs and changed my instance about exclusives. They can fucking rot in hell. I don't like them, they should never have even be created in the first place. Stretch Goals should always be available to everyone, even if later.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Make no mistake. Backers are getting everything they were promised. The main things people seen bitching about is A) not being able to get the steelbook Best Buy is offering this was never promised in the first place but ok, I'll accept this one) and B) they're selling the backer exclusive rewards as $10 paid DLC and they don't get to gatekeep content from the game.

The game is being sold at $39? Right? And the DLC is $9.99. If I were to buy the game now + the DLC, would I get the same as the person who backed the game at $60?

Nov 18, 2017
It's just that. It was an exclusive boss fight, which fucking sucks, because it's game content tied to some players.

When I backed I certainly thought that was a good incentive, but since then, I've backed many, many other KSs and changed my instance about exclusives. They can fucking rot in hell. I don't like them, they should never have even be created in the first place. Stretch Goals should always be available to everyone, even if later.

So you'd be happy if they released the collectors box, artbook and signed poster for $50?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I backed the game well beyond $60 not for any extra rewards but because of my love for Iga's previous games and my desire to see this succeed.

I must have my priorities out of wack.
And some people believe it or not value thw money they spend on backing games and if tbey dont need to pay extra they wont becuase they either cant afford it or for a variety of other completely legitimate reasons anyone spending money can have.

This excusing of straight up lying is corporatist schilling at its finest. If people dont hold them to task for being dishoneat and doing shitty things then it gets worse.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
It's not about having priorities out of wack in this situation, the whole poll and then selling the dlc is kind of, well, shady is really the only appropriate word for it. If this was an EA move people would be livid. /shrug

Fact is, backer exclusive content usually sucks as a thing to begin with, but it helps drive up pledges. You want to back the game and support the game, cool. But if you put in just a little bit more than you normally would, we'll give you something to show that you backed it that others won't get, thus increasing the value of said exclusive items.

*years later*

Well, we're just going to sell the exclusive items for $10 extra anyway. Like, what?

Nov 18, 2017
The game is being sold at $39? Right? And the DLC is $9.99. If I were to buy the game now + the DLC, would I get the same as the person who backed the game at $60?

You could play $50 and get the same plus a steelbook that may or may not be available to backers for an extra $15. So you can get for $50 what a backer gets for $75.

Backers do get an exclusive card slipcase but they haven't revealed it yet. Edit: And Curse of the Moon, so take the value of that off the backer total.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Does anyone know how this will be shipped internationally?
Will we have to pay customs on the game? I'm asking since i live in Sweden and if we have to pay customs besides the shipping cost
it's going to take a while for it to arrive. And be more expensive...

Ellyshia

Oct 27, 2017
As a backer, I'm okay with the DLC situation, but I also didn't specifically back the $60 version specifically for the DLC that was advertised as backer exclusive.

Oct 26, 2017
Since it needs to be said again: Kickstarting is not a preorder, it's a volontary donation which may or may not result in some kind of product. If you're looking for the best deal, don't pay for a game years before it's done. Wait for years after it's done and pick it up for $5 at a Steam sale.

For me, having my name in the spiritual sequel to my favourite game ever is basically priceless, so anything else is just a bonus. I'll be buying extra copies of this game eventually anyway.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You could play $50 and get the same plus a steelbook that may or may not be available to backers for an extra $15. So you can get for $50 what a backer gets for $75.

Backers do get an exclusive card slipcase but they haven't revealed it yet. Edit: And Curse of the Moon, so take the value of that off the backer total.

And since Curse of the Moon was priced $9.99, I would get the same "package" as a backer or as someone buying the game + dlc + Curse of the Moon. Did I got that right?

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
According to one comment on Steam forums, apparently there was an option to vote for the backer stuff to become available to everyone and said Kickstarter backer apparently voted to let everyone get it.

So it seems they asked if people wouldn't mind the content no longer being backer exclusive, but since there are many people mad, either they didn't know or the results were that people wanted content to remain backer exclusive.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
According to one comment on Steam forums, apparently there was an option to vote for the backer stuff to become available to everyone and said Kickstarter backer apparently voted to let everyone get it.

So it seems they asked if people wouldn't mind the content no longer being backer exclusive, but since there are many people mad, either they didn't know or the results were that people wanted content to remain backer exclusive.

Maybe read the last couple of pages. I'm not saying this as a slight to you but it's been discussed. Again, it was not a backer-only vote, even if it was it would have included 20,000 backers that would otherwise not have gotten the DLC, and the options that won are far different from allowing the DLC to be bought for 10 bucks.

That's basically just a smokescreen. They wanted to make more money off of the content that was developed and that's that.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since it needs to be said again: Kickstarting is not a preorder, it's a volontary donation which may or may not result in some kind of product. If you're looking for the best deal, don't pay for a game years before it's done. Wait for years after it's done and pick it up for $5 at a Steam sale.

For me, having my name in the spiritual sequel to my favourite game ever is basically priceless, so anything else is just a bonus. I'll be buying extra copies of this game eventually anyway.
I dont know why you giys keep brining this up. But a lot of people back games because a- they want to support it and b-it almost always does result in a deal. People that backed at 28 saved 12 dollars at launch so even this project shows off that dynamic. The problem is the upcharging of the extra tiers under false information. Ks has actually been very good to me for cheaper games at launch. I actually dont know if there has been a project i backed that was the same price at launch beside this one with the dlc situation. Of course its not a prworder so back wisely and nothing is certain. But there are differing levels of uncertainty regarding project details.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I only backed this digitally, and even knowing that the physical retail price + DLC is less than the original physical pledge level, I kinda wish I'd bumped my pledge to physical back then for the slipcase (which I do hope uses different art than the main cover/steelbook). I was really happy with Curse of the Moon though, so I'm glad I got in early regardless.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
So, I'm a little out of the loop as I wasn't a kickstarter backer, but is this backpack DLC going to be a day one thing for everyone then? Because that's pretty surprising and probably doesn't need to be done if the concern is that folks who put like $30 or whatever toward it are getting undercut on the deal they agreed to, especially since it sounds like you'd have to play through most of the game to reach that content anyway.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Does anyone know how this will be shipped internationally?
Will we have to pay customs on the game? I'm asking since i live in Sweden and if we have to pay customs besides the shipping cost
it's going to take a while for it to arrive. And be more expensive...
Im worried about this too, but if IGA says it will arrive at launch i trust there won't be any problems 😃

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
It's not like every bb preorder gets the case ether, it's a limited run as well.

And you'd still have the exclusive skins and such which so far are not being offered elsewhere, and the slipcase.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm a little out of the loop as I wasn't a kickstarter backer, but is this backpack DLC going to be a day one thing for everyone then? Because that's pretty surprising and probably doesn't need to be done if the concern is that folks who put like $30 or whatever toward it are getting undercut on the deal they agreed to, especially since it sounds like you'd have to play through most of the game to reach that content anyway.
Yeah basically the issue was people spent 60 thinking they had to do that to get ot during the campaign. They could have got it for 38 if they didnt bite the bullet.

OP
OP
Zonar

Zonar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona, USA
from the kickstarter page:

Hey everybody, Roberto (Angel-Corlux) from 505 here. Preorders for Bloodstained are live! (Different platforms at different times.) The base price for the game is $39.99, and we have a lot more to announce…

First, the official Bloodstained website is live here! You can visit the site to preorder, check out all the trailers and screenshots we've released, sign up for our newsletter, and more. Feel free to link people to this site if they ever ask "what's Bloodstained?" or similar questions.

Important: All Kickstarter order addresses will be locked in and FINAL on Friday, May 31, 2019 @ 11:59pm US PT. If you need to change your delivery address, please do so now. Once the deadline passes we won't be able to change any addresses, no exceptions! (If you no longer have your survey link, you can have it resent to you.) Soon you'll be receiving an email asking you to confirm or update your address: Please confirm it, even if your address is already correct, to ensure you receive your game as soon as possible.

We're working very hard to make sure that everyone will receive their physical and digital game copies on launch day for their respective platform; we'll of course be updating everyone as soon as we're able to confirm this. All the backer rewards aside from the physical copies of the game will arrive later in a single shipment; we're doing it this way to reduce the chances of anything interfering with our goal of the backers getting their games at launch.

Also, there will be a delay for the Amano poster backer reward. It's still happening and coming your way, Amano-san has just been exceedingly busy, and when faced with a choice between having someone else do the art so the reward would come on time or having Amano make it, even if it comes a little late, I chose the latter. Hopefully you all agree we made the right choice, but we apologize for the delay nonetheless. :) Will communicate more about this as soon as we can.

Speaking of backer rewards…stretch goals! Stretch goals will be coming after the game launches and will be free content updates for everyone who owns the game, not just backers. We are currently on track to update the game on day one with Boss Rush and Speedrun mode, as well as the Pure Miriam outfit.

Here's a list of all the extra content coming later. No content has been cut from the stretch goals, so if you think anything is missing call it out and I'll confirm / clarify. (There's a lot to keep track of! ; _ ; )

• Two additional playable characters
  • Local and online multiplayer for certain co-op and vs. modes
  • Roguelike mode
  • Chaos mode
  • Classic mode
  • Boss Revenge mode

Stay tuned for trailers and announcements of when this content will be launching!

As many of you will remember, we also asked the community a while back if they were against us making the 'backer exclusive' content (Iga Boss and Swordwhip) available to all players in some fashion. Almost 30,000 of you replied and the overwhelming response was that in general you were ok with it, and the most popular option was to sell it at a price that would respect the purchase the backers originally made.

To that end we're announcing the "Iga's Back Pack" DLC for $9.99, launching on June 18, 2019 for PS4, XB1 and PC, June 25, 2019 for Switch. Players who purchase this DLC will be able to fight the game's creator, Koji Igarashi himself, and earn the powerful Swordwhip weapon by defeating him.

To try and be as transparent as possible, making this content available to everyone wasn't just about making money. I mean obviously that's a part of it, but the chief things I was considering was making sure everyone had a safe and legitimate way to get the full game experience no matter when they find out about Bloodstained, whether that's 5 months ago or 5 years from now, and that we were being respectful of the price backers originally paid (hence the DLC pricing).

As someone who's pirated games because of bull**** anti-consumer practices, or as a demo to try and then buy (something largely made obsolete by modern refund systems), I wanted to eliminate as many reasons to pirate Bloodstained as possible. All of the above = the "Iga's Back Pack" DLC. Hope that makes sense. I understand that not everyone will be 100% happy with this decision, but hopefully this helps in understanding the reasoning behind it. And of course all backers entitled to this content will receive the DLC for free.

And finally, it was recently revealed that certain retailers would be giving away a Bloodstained FuturePak steel case for preorders of the game while supplies lasted. I'm happy to announce that we will be selling 800 stand-alone FuturePak steel cases for $14.99 exclusively to backers.

These cases feature a glossy metal renditioning of Mana Ikeda's fantastic box art for the game, and an internal hinge so when fully opened the case creates a flat surface to display the art. The cases hold game discs and Switch cartridges. We'll be sure to announce exactly when these will go on sale, so stay tuned!

That's it for today everyone, as always, thank you for all your incredible support, this community is one of the most amazing I've ever seen. Come talk to us on Discord, we actually reply! And listen! It's crazy, I know! :P Talk to you soon…

Roberto Piraino

"Angel-Corlux"

Global Brand Manager

505 Games
Thanks for posting this! I will put it in the o p as soon as I get a chance.

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
I hope that at least backers don't receive the game later like it happened with Curse of the Moon.

That's my worry right now, I put in a vacation day just to play the game all day. I don't believe that backers will be playing the physical version on release day.

As far as extras, will I not receive the ost on day one?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd be missing a free digital copy of Curse of the Moon that a $60 backer would have gotten last year and a backer exclusive slip cover who's final design we haven't seen yet.

dumbyugi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a problem with them selling the backer exclusive stuff to non-backers but they should have sold it later rather then at launch. I'm not expecting to get my copy by launch day but that's not a huge deal as long as I still get it in June.

Nov 18, 2017
I wonder if they could make more backer cosmetic dlc to compensate for the swordwhip and boss going retail.

Yeah if they'd anticipated this and announced a backers-only outfit for $60 tier and above I think that would've gone a long way to easing this decision. Or an exclusive skin for the swordwhip. As it stands that reward tier just sort of disappeared.

DraganBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Angel Corlux posted the following in Discord about the Backer DLC/Steelcase Situation:

Future non backer customers have to pay:

$40 for the game
$10 for the DLC
$10 for the OST

And they don't get anything else that's special/exclusive

The $60 backers instead get:

Game ($40 value)
Curse of the moon ($10 value)
OST and retro booklet or slipcase ($10 value)
DLC ($10 value)

So a total value of $70

$60 Kickstarter backers get $10 more hard value than future purchasers strictly speaking

Regarding the steel cases, we have a duty to promote the game, and to incentivize preorders at retail. Originally they wanted me to peel off content so I was like "lol no", and the compromise was a limited run of these steel cases. After the fact, I still didn't like this compromise so I reached out to my internal teams at 505 and got them to arrange 800 surplus units from around the world to be sent to Fangamer. These will be sold first come, first serve, 1 per backer maximum.

However, I'm also currently investigating doing survey / taking orders and selling them to anyone who wants them, among the backers exclusively. This is difficult to accomplish because of logistics, bandwidth (launch is coming....) and the exclusivity that was offered to retailers.

Once I am able to (or not) I will let everyone know.

I will be communicating all of this in upcoming messaging, but feel free to copy paste this. Hope that clears things up a bit.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, I backed this so long ago that I was actually still buying physical games. I wish I went digital.

Oct 25, 2017
I backed the game because I wanted to show the world that people still want games like this.

I could not give less of a crap if they even give the DLC for free, also it's money I spent YEARS ago so it almost feels like I'm getting the game for free in 2019.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you get anything for playing on harder difficulties or have they not said yet?
Different ending / different final boss etc?

Nov 18, 2017
Future non backer customers have to pay:

$40 for the game
$10 for the DLC
$10 for the OST

And they don't get anything else that's special/exclusive

The $60 backers instead get:

Game ($40 value)
Curse of the moon ($10 value)
OST and retro booklet or slipcase ($10 value)
DLC ($10 value)

So a total value of $70

$60 Kickstarter backers get $10 more hard value than future purchasers strictly speaking.

I mean, that's great but has nothing to do with whether or not DLC was exclusive, doesn't really solve the steelbook issue - 800 extra ordered for 60k backers?

And I'm confused... OST, retro booklet OR slipcase? Didn't think the retro booklet was part of the $60 tier. Shrug.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's great but has nothing to do with whether or not DLC was exclusive, doesn't really solve the steelbook issue - 800 extra ordered for 60k backers?

And I'm confused... OST, retro booklet OR slipcase? Didn't think the retro booklet was part of the $60 tier. Shrug.
You're just going to keep complaining and nothing will ever be enough. Your donation helped make the game get made and you're getting more shit than those who pay $10 for the dlc. I think you'll live.

And there's TWO $60 tiers. One physical that includes the regular case with an exclusive slip cover and a digital one that includes a PDF retro booklet.

It's in the Kickstarter page, check for yourself.