• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch because its portable. 30fps is less important for single play games. I would completly understaind that its important for multiplay games.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, how is this 30fps on Switch? Even given it's using UE4, there isn't much about this game that screams visually demanding at all. Being that this is a indie release, I understand they don't have the resources to reach out to a porting studio to correct this issue, but it's still unacceptable.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Wait, how is this 30fps on Switch? Even given it's using UE4, there isn't much about this game that screams visually demanding at all. Being that this is a indie release, I understand they don't have the resources to reach out to a porting studio to correct this issue, but it's still unacceptable.
Its native 720p res on Switch and dynamic 720+ with upgraded visuals on Docked thqts a pretty huge deal for an UE4 game it seems they prioritized iq and graphics over framerate

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I guess it has many Post-Processing effects that make the artstyle work and they didn't want to compromise it.
All the light effects and these shaders that are used on the characters seem to be too expensive for 60 fps on the switch.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Wait what? We're almost halfway through 2019 already? Christmas just happened though.
I think I'm getting old.

And you know, your maths is the first the go. We have 4 full months of the year behind us, so there are still 2 months before we're halfway through the year. Currently we're at about one third, or 33%, through 2019.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What level did everyone pledge at? I really love Iga's stuff, so decided on the 250.
At first, the $100 tier so I could be in the credits and get a physical copy. I know its silly, but I like the idea of my name being written into the code of the game. Later, I added on ANOTHER physical copy so I can have it for both PS4 (my original choice) and Nintendo Switch.

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Shedding some light on this trailer since you guys loved it so much (by the way I'm not the CM for Bloodstained - wish I was - but I work with our Creative team on a daily basis)

The idea behind the negative comments was after Matt (our multimedia guy) and Roberto (Brand Manager) discussed it and thought it would be cool to go ahead with it. We have lots of cool and funny ideas like this in 505 but we don't always go ahead with them in case people sometimes interpret these in the wrong way. Thankfully this was received in the way we wanted it to.

On another note, it was 505's decision to polish the game as much as possible and to seriously consider all the users feedback (some of this was also mine - I'm a $300 backer!) Wanted to state this because usually publishing companies get all the hate and never any credit.

Not sure if Jason who is the CM for Bloodstained is on these forums so wanted to come and say this here. It's very nice to see this is getting such a nice reception. Thank you on behalf of 505 Games and like I said, apologies if Jason is here and I haven't seen him. He's the CM of Bloodstained, not me :)

Oct 25, 2017
Shedding some light on this trailer since you guys loved it so much (by the way I'm not the CM for Bloodstained - wish I was - but I work with our Creative team on a daily basis)

The idea behind the negative comments was after Matt (our multimedia guy) and Roberto (Brand Manager) discussed it and thought it would be cool to go ahead with it. We have lots of cool and funny ideas like this in 505 but we don't always go ahead with them in case people sometimes interpret these in the wrong way. Thankfully this was received in the way we wanted it to.

On another note, it was 505's decision to polish the game as much as possible and to seriously consider all the users feedback (some of this was also mine - I'm a $300 backer!) Wanted to state this because usually publishing companies get all the hate and never any credit.

Not sure if Jason who is the CM for Bloodstained is on these forums so wanted to come and say this here. It's very nice to see this is getting such a nice reception. Thank you on behalf of 505 Games and like I said, apologies if Jason is here and I haven't seen him. He's the CM of Bloodstained, not me :)

Cool stuff! Thanks for the insider peek. It really was a great trailer.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks! Really looking forward to it. I know it's too late to change my pledge, but is there any chance of more Switch footage coming out before release?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but is all the 30fps 720p talk of the Switch build based on an older build of the game? Or are we pretty certain this is what we're getting?

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Dartastic Really don't know bro. I can check with Jason and if he's not on these forum I'll come back and let you know. Just don't want people to think I'm the go-to guy for this title cause I'm not that's all. I work on Control and some other games but not Bloodstained. What I do know is that the Switch version is coming out a week later I believe (25th of June I think from the top of my head).

Best place to get answers is the Bloodstained Discord, it's huge --> https://discord.gg/bloodstained

Jason is "Question" on that Discord server :)

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but is all the 30fps 720p talk of the Switch build based on an older build of the game? Or are we pretty certain this is what we're getting?
It was announced in a recent backer update on Kickstarter. Fixed 720p30 handheld, Dynamic 720+p30 docked. Also, advice to keep the Switch well-ventilated, because the enclosures at PAX East they stuck them in caused overheating issues.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It was announced in a recent backer update on Kickstarter. Fixed 720p30 handheld, Dynamic 720+p30 docked. Also, advice to keep the Switch well-ventilated, because the enclosures at PAX East they stuck them in caused overheating issues.
Got it. Ty

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It was either HD/30 for or sub-HD/60fps. There was no other way.

Switch cannot handle HD UE4 games at 60fps. The lone exception has been Dragonball FighterZ, which is a 2D fighter and still doesn't run at perfect 60fps either.

I wish they would've included a performance mode to stop all this bitching though

My main gripe is her run speed seems 1:1 with Alucard in SOTN a.k.a. way too damn slow, which means I'm gonna have to backdash everywhere after a while. Not looking forward to that.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't have picked the Switch version for my backer's copy. It's launching late and seems to be running worst than the rest. Ugh.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I never kickstarted a game apart from this. How/when do get my digital download code for the PS4 version I selected originally? Day of release? Is code guaranteed to receive by email? Can codes run out so I won't get it resulting in a delay? I dunno how this all works.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What level did everyone pledge at? I really love Iga's stuff, so decided on the 250.
From day one of the campaign I opted for the $60 tier to get my physical PS4 copy. I owned a WiiU but it wasn't being offered and even when we got to that stretch goal I knew betting on that port was a crapshoot so I stuck with the PS4 and I'm happy that I did even though I own a Switch. I played SotN on PS1 so it felt right and presumably I'm getting a better performing version.

Then on the last day of the campaign the hype got the better of me and I upgraded to the $100 tier for the Ayami Kojima slip cover and getting my name in the credits.

I've never spent so much money on a single videogame release in my life.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never kickstarted a game apart from this. How/when do get my digital download code for the PS4 version I selected originally? Day of release? Is code guaranteed to receive by email? Can codes run out so I won't get it resulting in a delay? I dunno how this all works.
IF everything goes according to plan you should be getting an email with your code on release date.

When Curse of the Moon launched last year you might remember (because I assume you qualified for a code) Inti Creates fudged the launch for backers because they couldn't get the codes in time and I got mine like a week after it went on sale for everyone else.

But that was Inti, this is 505Games with Ritual of the Night and they swore they learned the lesson from Inti and will make sure that doesn't happen here.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
From day one of the campaign I opted for the $60 tier to get my physical PS4 copy. I owned a WiiU but it wasn't being offered and even when we got to that stretch goal I knew betting on that port was a crapshoot so I stuck with the PS4 and I'm happy that I did even though I own a Switch. I played SotN on PS1 so it felt right and presumably I'm getting a better performing version.

Then on the last day of the campaign the hype got the better of me and I upgraded to the $100 tier for the Ayami Kojima slip cover and getting my name in the credits.

I've never spent so much money on a single videogame release in my life.

Yeah, my pledge total is the most for any one single game myself. lol

second, would be a US copy of Magic Knight Rayearth on Saturn, but that thing is beautiful.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't help to feel a little bitter about the delayed Switch release. Normally it's whatever but this time, the delayed release means it releases just 3 days before Mario Maker and once Mario Maker releases, Nintendo's insane 2nd half of the year begins and I just can't see myself having time for much non-Nintendo personally.

I kickstarted it so I'm getting it but I'd enjoyed having 10 days of leasure to beat it than just 3 days. But hey! It looks great and it might turn out to be just enough time, we shall see. I'm sure I'll be excited when the time comes, altho under time pressure.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't help to feel a little bitter about the delayed Switch release. Normally it's whatever but this time, the delayed release means it releases just 3 days before Mario Maker and once Mario Maker releases, Nintendo's insane 2nd half of the year begins and I just can't see myself having time for much non-Nintendo personally.

I kickstarted it so I'm getting it but I'd enjoyed having 10 days of leasure to beat it than just 3 days. But hey! It looks great and it might turn out to be just enough time, we shall see. I'm sure I'll be excited when the time comes, altho under time pressure.
I'm going to play bloodstained first then get Mario maker after I finish it

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any news in when they will ship backer rewards and games? I bet theyll send em a lil early to get them out in time.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that I don't remember the name I chose to use for the backer credits at all.
It's actually not locked yet! Search for an email from Fangamer that mentions Bloodstained, any of them will have a link to your backer account.

Whether it's actually still possible to change it and have that reflected in the credits at this stage, or that they simply forgot to lock the surveys, who knows.

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually not locked yet! Search for an email from Fangamer that mentions Bloodstained, any of them will have a link to your backer account.

Whether it's actually still possible to change it and have that reflected in the credits at this stage, or that they simply forgot to lock the surveys, who knows.

I might do this or I might just sit through the entire backer credits and laugh when I see whatever joke name I picked pop up.

I remember the sword or whip clan at least, it was cat-o-nine tails.