• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Igavania is back! With the support of the Bloodstained community, 505 Games and ArtPlay have taken the extra time and care to ensure they're doing things RIGHT. Check out some before and after comparisons in this new video to see all the hard work they've poured into Bloodstained over the last year. Oh and there are some dates in there or something too... Release date is live! Bloodstained launches on PlayStation 4 June 18, 2019.

Coming June 18th 2019

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really like the new art style. And good timing too - have a few trips planned in June and I'm getting this on the Switch.

edit: And just saw it's a week later on the Switch. Brutal.

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
Sick! I backed this looking for a Wii U code and updated to Switch. It's looking great imo

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Silly trailer, I don't think he is proving anyone wrong, the game looked rough, now looks much better. Glad the release date is so close.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
So listening to criticism does yield good results? I'm shocked.

Game looks fantastic (I didn't even dislike the old version though, lol)

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Oh, sweet. They asked him to tighten up the grafx and he asked the right guys! ;)

I thought it looked fine before but now it's really good looking. Here's to hoping the gameplay is truly Igavania. :D Miss his games

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I thought it was a weird direction for the trailer with all those comments... until they cut to Igarashi being Igarashi, lol. I really really hope this turns out well. Haven't played a Castlevania game since the DS ones and I loved those, definitely could go for more. And in June? When not much else is going on? Sign me up.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Wow, I actually laughed at the improvement quality. I loved that, the "I will prove them wrong" was perfect. So excited!

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Those improvements look great, hope the Switch version is good.

Seems like they've really taken their time on this one. Maybe Mighty No 9 was a necessary evil...

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder with the Switch version apparently being 30fps, will the other console versions be the same? Can't wait to find out!

Seeing as the footage we've gotten from them is 60fps, I would assume the only one with a weaker framerate is just the Switch version.

I also believe that may be the only version handled externally, too.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Physical, like, to everyone? Wasn't that a Kickstarter exclusive for backers or something? I may be wrong though, just asking out of curiosity.

The limited editions (ranging from slipcase to a bunch of other items) were exclusive to kickstarter, there will be a regular print available to everyone.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. I loved the demo they put out last(?) year, and it looks like they've improved on it, so it should be pretty great.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Oh man it really needed that face lift. It looks so good now.

Will it be 60 on consoles? Or more importantly will it be 60 on Switch?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a weird direction for the trailer with all those comments... until they cut to Igarashi being Igarashi, lol. I really really hope this turns out well. Haven't played a Castlevania game since the DS ones and I loved those, definitely could go for more. And in June? When not much else is going on? Sign me up.

This trailer is peak Iga, and I kind of love it for that.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Full KS update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2496179

Hey there everyone, Roberto from 505 Games here today with something one or two of you have been waiting for, I'll let the trailer do the talking for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A640g5gDBJA&feature=youtu.be
BLOODSTAINED'S RELEASE DATE IS LIVE!!!11!1!

Bloodstained will be launching June 18, 2019 on Steam, GoG, PS4 and XB1, and on June 25, 2019 for Switch. (Gotta get that polish!)

We're looking forward to announcing more very soon, including details about full game features, stretch goal content, how the game will be offered for sale and where, preorder info etc.

Thank you everyone for your tremendous support and as always, come talk to us on Discord, we actually reply and stuff!

Roberto Piraino (Angel-Corlux)

Global Brand Manager

505 Games

Oct 27, 2017
I always had a faith in the game's gameplay but the graphical improvements are so good. This game will come at the perfect time, just before Judgment.