• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I bought a physical version on day one, but I haven't even inserted it into the Switch yet. Waiting until someone confirms a patch has reduced the input latency from the ludicrous 140ms it currently sits at.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Some in the thread were downplaying the issues, but even if you ignore the 30fps and graphical downgrade, increased input lag in this type of game is absolutely unacceptable!

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
They should put some of these glowing reviews in this thread on the back of the box for the switch version...

"It's not the worst port ever!"

"If you played N64 games, it's an upgrade!"

not a great version of the game to say the least. I have doubts about how much they can actually improve with patches, but it would be nice if they pulled it off.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
  • Questioning OP's claims, even though OP even provided (personal) video proof.
  • "There are way worse ports than this" - since when was this an excuse?
  • "Hyperbole Era as usual" - brushing off complaints because they were strongly worded.
  • Suggesting that the OP read about the issues online prior to playing, which made the OP biased when playing.
  • Brushing off the complaints because "I had no problems when playing it".
The lengths some people go to make up excuses for poor releases baffles me. Is it console wars? Is it backers trying to validate their personal investment? I'm not trying to lambaste the developers of the game, I work in software development and am well aware of how fucked up it can be, but some of the posts here are truly something else.

Blind fanboyism, what else.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
  • "Hyperbole Era as usual" - brushing off complaints because they were strongly worded.
  • Suggesting that the OP read about the issues online prior to playing, which made the OP biased when playing.
The lengths some people go to make up excuses for poor releases baffles me. Is it console wars? Is it backers trying to validate their personal investment? I'm not trying to lambaste the developers of the game, I work in software development and am well aware of how fucked up it can be, but some of the posts here are truly something else.

Don't forget dismissing 15s loading times because it was worse on 40yo hardware.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I say that title belonged to pubg on xbox one s for the longest. No idea how it runs now but I honestly would've preferred to use that money on scratchoffs

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Completely agree, far too many people on here fail to read a whole post and embarrass themselves afterwards.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
When is the big patch coming out that fixes it? I have the PS4 version, but with me playing FFXIV so much, i rely more on my switch when im waiting on the DF

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd say PS3 version of Skyrim remains my biggest offender.

I remain livid the game was LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE for many on PS3 at the same time it won GOTY awards all over the place in November.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Hyperbole titles attracts similar responses.

My first reaction tells me to ask how old the OP is, if this is the worst port they played.

Bloodstained definitely has a lot of issues. Load times on ps4 (from disc) are already on the long side.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've put 40 hours into the Switch version and 100%d it. The biggest issues (not playing any other versions) was the load times between screens (some instant, that one shown v long), and the crashes. I had probably 5 random crashes in the 40 hours and I saved like a madman once I realized it could happen. Every single one of them was in the hub area.

None of the other things really bothered me but glad to see it's getting performance patch. It's my goty so far and I want to play through ng+ and some of the other difficulty modes and probably 100% it again.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
They should put some of these glowing reviews in this thread on the back of the box for the switch version...

"It's not the worst port ever!"

"If you played N64 games, it's an upgrade!"

not a great version of the game to say the least. I have doubts about how much they can actually improve with patches, but it would be nice if they pulled it off.

They'd go great with the PS4 screenshots on it.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rayman 2 for DS is the worst. What were they thinking?

623492-924893_20041123_002.jpg

Was there not a section here where if you did something incorrectly it prevents you from progressing?

I remember there being some fire dungeon thing and I got stuck for hours only to find out on GameFAQs that it was impossible to finish, lol.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
Some in the thread were downplaying the issues, but even if you ignore the 30fps and graphical downgrade, increased input lag in this type of game is absolutely unacceptable!
Input lag isn't necessarily a dealbreaker for an Igavania. You don't exactly need Contra or Alien Soldier levels of reflexes to get through the game.

That said, it really shouldn't be present at all. These and other issues (only one or two of which I personally encountered, thankfully) are very disappointing in a game like this.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
ITT: people with low standards handwaving genuine issues because they can't see then. So useful! I think we can at the very least agree that the game should be in a better state than it is.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing about all the problems with the Switch version makes me feel lucky that I have avoided the worst of the glitches/bugs.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is every thread for a Switch game with performance issues. It doesn't matter how well-documented they are. There will always be people saying it runs better for them.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

8w0Ih3G.gif

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
i'm happy that you have played so few games to call this the worst port you've ever played

Because boy were the 80s-90s wonderful

Edit : but yeah I can see why this would annoy you, thankfully it's getting fixed (unlike Amiga Out Run ... unless I buy a Vampire and play Cannonball instead!)

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Hold my beer.

This is performance on many times powerful consoles than switch.

The point was to compare a Switch port to another switch port. If you believe that Bloodstained is a worse port than Ark Survival Evolved go ahead. DF describes this port as the one with more sacrifices made, that is not the case with Bloodstained.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
i'm happy that you have played so few games to call this the worst port you've ever played

Because boy were the 80s-90s wonderful

Edit : but yeah I can see why this would annoy you, thankfully it's getting fixed (unlike Amiga Out Run ... unless I buy a Vampire and play Cannonball instead!)
I had an Amstrad in the 80s, and they'd lure me in with pics of the lovely C64 version, only for the Amstrad version to be barely playable. So many games back on 8-bit computers were terrible like that, it was a running joke that the only thing you had to go on were the screenshots on the back of the case, and even then they weren't even representative of the right port.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I had an Amstrad in the 80s, and they'd lure me in with pics of the lovely C64 version, only for the Amstrad version to be barely playable. So many games back on 8-bit computers were terrible like that, it was a running joke that the only thing you had to go on were the screenshots on the back of the case, and even then they weren't even representative of the right port.
Some would put Amiga screens on the back if ZX versions with no disclaimer

It was hilariously misleading

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I entertained the idea of double dipping for Switch, but not after watching the Switch version in action.

Especially those long pauses between changing screens. Hopefully they fix it, because that's pretty terrible.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

I guess some people enjoyed it on Switch and want to let others know that their experience may not be as bad as the OP's.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Stuff like this is why Switch port impressions calling a game "playable" are essentially useless to me. Some people have such low standards.

True. But people can say they enjoy what they enjoy you know, what's disheartening is seeing a majority of ERA users excusing all kinds of shoddy products and constantly shooting down complaints, instead of giving a voice to them so that we all can get a better product in the end and maybe next time it won't be as bad.

We need to put this shit under a spotlight, call the devs/pubs out on their shenanigans instead of always getting a barrage "eh... it's not that bad".
This version should have not been sold in this state, end of story. But people are mostly fine with it, so I guess a bravo to the team in exploiting the fans. The statement of diverting resources is even more frustrating to me, like they should be commended for doing so? They were perfectly aware of the state of this port, they only care now because of sales trajectory showing this will be by far the best selling version. It's kinda disgusting behavior honestly.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The port is a mess, I've played alpha builds that perform much better than Bloodstained on Switch...

Still waiting for the patch to drop before I continue playing : /

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Sharing that your experience wasn't as bad as the OP's is one thing, but some of these replies are weirdly defensive.

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
After reading all the coments these past weeks about the Switch version i was expecting a ugly unplayable mess of a game and when i finally got my copy of the game (typical for backers, the first ones to pay, the last ones to play -_-...) i was quite surprised, there are rough areas (particularly the loading times in some areas are the main problem i have) and i'm sure any other version put the Switch one to shame, but still, i think the Switch version is a pretty good game right now!.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Agree with most of the points, but the 15 sec loading is overblown as it only exist in one single area. Other locations, while loading time may last up to around 5 to 6 sec, is not game breaking.
I think 5 to 6 seconds is very much game breaking in this kind of game. At least if you want to have a good build and have to farm shards or other items. There were several occasions when I had to re-enter rooms maybe north of a hundred times to kill the one intentionally conveniently placed enemy that drops that thing I want. 5 to 6 seconds add up in scenarios like this.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
- Boss music not loading on occasion
- Item drops being in locations where you cannot pick them up
- Sound effects sustaining through cutscenes, overwhelming the dialogue, including during the ending cutscenes (Proof https://twitter.com/reanimatoin/status/1151640483766124545 )
- Frame rate droping to about 10-15fps in areas
- Random crashes (only Switch game to crash on me so far)

These are not limited to the Switch port. I've experienced all of these on the base PS4 version as well.

It's absolutely shameful the state this game released in. You can tell they had to rush this out the door at all costs, polish be damned.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
That actually looked good for a VF game on the Genesis :D.

Nah fam. Virtua Racing looked good (amazing) for a Genesis port. This abomination had no excuse for existence. Especially when contrasted with stuff that was actually suited for the platform like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Eternal Champions. :P

I may be a little additionally bitter though because Sega won't just put some proper VF ports up on Steam. Like... they're RIGHT THERE in the Yakuza games ffs!

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
These are not limited to the Switch port. I've experienced all of these on the base PS4 version as well.

It's absolutely shameful the state this game released in. You can tell they had to rush this out the door at all costs, polish be damned.
The PR rep for the game has officially stated that they had to release the game when they did. Apparently they couldn't afford to delay it anymore.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Nah fam. Virtua Racing looked good (amazing) for a Genesis port. This abomination had no excuse for existence. Especially when contrasted with stuff that was actually suited for the platform like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Eternal Champions. :P

I may be a little additionally bitter though because Sega won't just put some proper VF ports up on Steam. Like... they're RIGHT THERE in the Yakuza games ffs!

I feel your pain on that one. Virtua Racing used a dedicated 3D chip, virtual fighter did not and I think it looks good for being what it is. It all comes down to taste in the end of course.