• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

You know, this is looking pretty prettay good right now.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Despite some performance issues and the overly verbose and ugly intro, the game is actually pretty great and has a wealth of content. Really enjoying my time with it. Regular enemy design is far better than what I anticipate from most of IGA's games-- guess that's what happens when you can't re-use 16-bit sprites anymore lol

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
You know, this is looking pretty prettay good right now.
ArtisticDishonestBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

neat trailer

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019
The art style and enemy design really is amazing, although only in the op wing sequence so far.

I love the vibes, cool mix of old school castlevania feel with new school aesthetics

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Despite some performance issues and the overly verbose and ugly intro, the game is actually pretty great and has a wealth of content. Really enjoying my time with it. Regular enemy design is far better than what I anticipate from most of IGA's games-- guess that's what happens when you can't re-use 16-bit sprites anymore lol
Performance issues on which platform?
Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight...
I was going to say! Plenty of Kickstarters have delivered, even if many more haven't.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After that glowing Jim Sterling review/video, I'm feeling semi confident about this one living up to the hype.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think that's the third character, though. Seems more like a bonus/easter egg like Axe Armor from SotN.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really want to grab this right the fuck now but I'll wait until most of those DLC's are in. But ow, really want to play this. Why did all these games have to release over the next two weeks.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
First kickstarter to actually deliver ... ?

PoE
PoE 2
Divinity OS
Divinity OS 2
SUPERHOT
Hollow Knight
Darkest Dungeon
FTL
Broken Age
The Banner Saga
Shovel Knight
HLD
Wasteland 2
Sundered
BattleTech
Battle Chasers Nightwar
Shadowrun Hong Kong

These are some of the games that i remember, so no, Bloodstained is not the first one lol

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but both are still pumping out stuff they promised to backers.
They are, but frankly way more than people expected. Don't think a single person who backed either game could feel hard done by. I mean, Team Cherry are making a full on sequel instead of their idea for a new playable character, and still giving it to backers for free.

Most people I know who backed Shovel or Hollow Knight have gone onto double or more dip on the games as they want to support the devs.

Both have give ridiculous amounts of content for the low prices of backing way back when.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
First kickstarter to actually deliver ... ?
Pillars of Eternity, Elite Dangerous, Divinity: Original Sin 1/2, Kingdom Come, Obduction, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, The Banner Saga, Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Thimbleweed Park, Grim Dawn, Everspace, Sunless Skies, Darkest Dungeon, Mordhau, Hat in Time, RimWorld, SUPERHOT, Night in the Woods, FTL, Distance, etc. etc.

The "Mighty No. 9 was bad so KickStarter games are bad" mentality is pretty tiring at this point.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone kind enough to post a screenshot of the third playable character/tease? I can't watch the video at the moment but am interested to see.

Spoilered ... just in case:

It's a Shovel Knight armor and weapon, plus there's apparently a Shovel Knight shard.

Though i'm not sure that this is the third playable char.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
The "Mighty No. 9 was bad so KickStarter games are bad" mentality is pretty tiring at this point.

Plenty of other KS that went no where or released a sub-part product.

I mean, everyone is praising this game when it was delayed several times, dropped three platforms, made previous backer-exclusive content available to everyone, delayed sending out codes, Switch performance etc.

From the streams I've seen, I'm not impressed. Apparently the day 0 patch may fix some issues (making physical copies once again beta versions).

Guess we'll see in the coming days.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That isn't the third character. It's just a really, really neat surprise you come across attached to some armour.