• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
www.pcgamer.com

Bloodborne PSX is a lo-fi demake of the Fromsoftware slasher

Dodge-rolling in the 90s.

yU3wecVAp48jPg844bc5qi-970-80.jpg.webp

I believe the intention is to 100 percent rebuilt the OG"s game's contents. Looks fantastic so far.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool, but I feel like attempting to remake the entire game seems like such a futile endeavor. Never mind the potential for legal threats but one person attempting to recreate a game that massive seems like it would take years

Like I wish this person would take this talent and apply it to stuff that can actually support them

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Stripped of all its high res glory, it kinda reminds me of Nightmare Creatures. Good luck to them!

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Nightmare Creatures was literally my first thought, even before opening the thread.
Pretty cool

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Bloodborne is my favourite game of all time, so I would play a demake, a remake, a remaster, any version of this game. The demake is getting amazing, Lily is doing an amazing job.

Oct 27, 2017
These PS1 demakes always make it look like the "average" PS1 game. I'm waiting for one that makes it look like Vagrant Story level

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Wow, that's ugly. I get it, it's PS1, but this is like 1994 PS1.

My understanding is this is all still the prototype/proof of concept phase to get systems in place and working, and that things will be improved visually later on.

Super impressive, though it would have been REALLY amazing if this was actually designed for a PS1 instead of in UE4 and mimicking the "style" of early 90's 3D games.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Shoutout to everyone namedropping Nightmare Creatures.

It was the first thing that came to mind when Bloodborne was first revealed.

This is a weird sort of full circle.

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
There is this really cool PSX graphic style pack for relatively cheap on the UE4 marketplace I've been wanting to get... and this inspired me even more to make something in the style.

I'm lame though in my original idea was just a retro american football game with the PSX graphic style but more modern features and animations. I think newer games in a PSX style is so neat.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's it just in style? I was under the impression this was being developed to actually run on real PSX hardware

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
And it runs better than the original...Pain

Jokes aside, looks amazing tbh, I wouldn't mind playing something like it

Jan 16, 2021
Wow, I didn't know I wanted this.

I agree with all the Nightmare Creatures shouts, but I'm getting big Kings Field and LSD Dream Emulator vibes. I think it's probably the sparseness of the environments coupled with the textures, but I'm really digging it!

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
"recreate the entire game"

By all means, I'm all for people doing these kinds of projects but that notion is ridiculous. The smallest percent of these projects ever get completed and Bloodbourne is a pretty big game, too. Even putting legalities aside, if someone genuinely making a statement like that at the beginning of development is legit conceited.

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this a day ago and it looks cool. I have a lot of nostalgia for these types of graphics. It is a shame it isn't actually a PS1 game but oh well, still cool.

If anybody wants something similiar to the vibe of Bloodborne on PS1 check out Nighmare Creatures:

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I unironically love the PSX style.

something about it looks so damn charming, something about it really adds to the atmosphere.