• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
ok this is lame. i have to delete the game and then redownload it to use the digital version so i dont have to use the disc.

robosllim

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Bloody hell, I keep getting a "disconnect from network" message as soon as I start the game. Happens for all my characters. Anyone else getting this, or just me?

Nov 6, 2017
I have to say, it's absolutely delightful to read the impressions of the newcomers, it's like the game just came out, it's great :)

I may give my sinister bell a whirl...

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
I love seeing all these newcomers. I'm still shocked that PS+ offered Bloodborne this month; incredible.

It makes me want to start up a new character. Maybe a skill / bloodtinge build...

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Man, that place in

Old Yarhnam where the hunter tries to shoot you from the roof is brutal. Seems like there are two paths to get to him: one that heads off to the left, through a building with a decent amount of cover (good), and one where you drop down a ledge into an area with four or five crows, a beast in rags, and a crapload of gunfire (bad).

Couldn't really advance anymore in the Cathedral area, so I went back to OY to have a look around and farm some Echoes.

Loving the game and deaths aren't really that stressful anymore. Just wish I had more time to play this and MHW.

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to increase stats with Threaded Cane? Cuz I'm going to save up for Uncanny in Depth 1 when I acquire Pthumeru Chalice from
Blood-Starved Beast at Old Yharnam.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Man, that place in

Old Yarhnam where the hunter tries to shoot you from the roof is brutal. Seems like there are two paths to get to him: one that heads off to the left, through a building with a decent amount of cover (good), and one where you drop down a ledge into an area with four or five crows, a beast in rags, and a crapload of gunfire (bad).

Couldn't really advance anymore in the Cathedral area, so I went back to OY to have a look around and farm some Echoes.

Loving the game and deaths aren't really that stressful anymore. Just wish I had more time to play this and MHW.

And just wait until you actually get to him...

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
What's the best way to increase stats with Threaded Cane? Cuz I'm going to save up for Uncanny in Depth 1 when I acquire Pthumeru Chalice from
Blood-Starved Beast at Old Yharnam.

Skill all the way, Cane on its final form get an A from Skill. Also, the normal one is the best Threaded Cane if you're after the most optimum damage with it, the imprints for the uncanny is not ideal for this since it doesn't have triangle for it.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
I used the cleaver the 1st time I played, and boy, I liked it way better than this cane.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good day of playing Bloodborne and cooping with some new players. You can definitely tell when some are new but it makes it feel all the better knowing you're helping them. Playing with all of this activity has allowed me to coop some bosses I've never been able to coop.

Been experimenting on a new character with different weapons. The Saif is such a great weapon. That slight dash that comes from that first R1 of the transformed state is extremely useful, and the transformation attacks that dash you forward and backwards make for some great movement to take advantage of within combos. The normal form has such long and wide range good for dealing with multiple or larger targets (like limbs), the transformed form is as fast as the saw clever/spear.

Tis good.

Oct 29, 2017
Good day of playing Bloodborne and cooping with some new players. You can definitely tell when some are new but it makes it feel all the better knowing you're helping them. Playing with all of this activity has allowed me to coop some bosses I've never been able to coop.

Been experimenting on a new character with different weapons. The Saif is such a great weapon. That slight dash that comes from that first R1 of the transformed state is extremely useful, and the transformation attacks that dash you forward and backwards make for some great movement to take advantage of within combos. The normal form has such long and wide range good for dealing with multiple or larger targets (like limbs), the transformed form is as fast as the saw clever/spear.

Tis good.
I fell in love with it super hard, at first it looks just like another cleaver but ten you find out about the movement and it's so goooood

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I used the cleaver the 1st time I played, and boy, I liked it way better than this cane.

Blasphemy!

Cleaver is good, but not ideal for a bunch of stuff that the Cane can easily deal with. Really, Cane has an answer for almost if not all situations, it has thrust, serrated, church damage. it's R2 chain attack can stagger hunters.... perfect for any situation... and it's stylish too >:)

Tis good.

Yeap, it's a fantastic plus it's such awesome-looking and stylish weapon as well. The only real weakness is that it's not strong against anything, but meh, the style points alone makes up for it.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Threaded Cane is possibly the best weapon of all time.

I'll always remember walking down a set of stairs at Old Yharnam, smoothly finishing off two beast monsters with a sweeping whip attack, and then with pitch perfect timing, hearing "you're a skilled Hunter. . ." shouted from an unclear rooftop. No other weapon could have captured the vibe of that moment.

The Beast Saif is also incredibly badass, though. It's the weapon that finally pulled me away from the Threaded Cane during my first full playthrough.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCk

THIS CLOSE TO BEATING FATHER WHATHISFACE

I'm actually getting super frustrated now.

It's not even the battle that throws me off. It's the entire trip getting there again.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Bloody hell, I keep getting a "disconnect from network" message as soon as I start the game. Happens for all my characters. Anyone else getting this, or just me?

Same here. I've never had this problem and I've been playing since launch. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

It's a known issue that, as far as I can tell, has no reliable way of getting out of other than closing the game fully and restarting it and just hope for the best.

Edit: try switching your connection to Wi-Fi, see if it helps.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My friend is having problem connecting to bloodborne server. He just can't.

He tried opening the port in his router "Bloodborne" TCP: 18671, 20443 UDP: 9305,9306 but it still didnt work. His connection is NAT type 2 and he have no problem playing other games online.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow when I get home from work I'm going to start playing again, going to go help new players

Oct 25, 2017
It's great to see the new blood coming in.

No pun intended.

Did they ever change it so weapons are at least somewhat usable even if my stats aren't high enough?

I just stuck to strength-based stuff but should have experimented more at the start. New Game Plus it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCk

It's not even the battle that throws me off. It's the entire trip getting there again.

It's a pretty short run, and if you kill the piggy (easy peasy since you can come after its arse from behind from the stairs on the bridge) you can always have some of your blood vials refunded.

Are you making use of the musical box? You don't have to, but it can greatly help. Also he's a beast in werewolf form so during that he's weak to fire and serrated weapons like Saw Cleaver.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty short run, and if you kill the piggy (easy peasy since you can come after its arse from behind from the stairs on the bridge) you can always have some of your blood vials refunded.

Are you making use of the musical box? You don't have to, but it can greatly help. Also he's a beast in werewolf form so during that he's weak to fire and serrated weapons like Saw Cleaver.
Do you have the music box? It helps.
I've been doing the flame method and it's pretty effective. Got him down to about 10-15% in my latest fight, but I got done dirty by a bad dodge maneuver.

Also, is there another closer checkpoint that I'm just not aware of? I've been using the first one after the new game origin point the entire time, specifically the Central Yarnham one that's facing a forked path (the right side of which leads to the bonfire). Because really, it's the premature loss of resources and blood echoes on the way that hurts me.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCk

He's the early game bottleneck but you can do it. Parry and fire is youre friend, if you have any. And like others have said, if youve found a music box, use it....but not too much.

Have you opened the gate next to the first Lamp? Also, remember that you can run past things. Not every trip needs to have a fight.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I've been doing the flame method and it's pretty effective. Got him down to about 10-15% in my latest fight, but I got done dirty by a bad dodge maneuver.

Also, is there another closer checkpoint that I'm just not aware of? I've been using the first one after the new game origin point the entire time, specifically the Central Yarnham one that's facing a forked path (the right side of which leads to the bonfire). Because really, it's the premature loss of resources and blood echoes on the way that hurts me.

The shortest path to him is indeed from Central Yharnam, go to the left through the unlocked gate, you may choose to fight the trolls (they're really easy to visceral for extra blood vials) or just skip them altogether using the right path (there's an alley that goes to the left skipping the Trolls quite a bit), and then use the elevator (you need to unlock this one first tho), go to the bridge, get past it, and head to him.

Try the visceral tactic like the way I did it in my video above, you may have better luck with that.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The shortest path to him is indeed from Central Yharnam, go to the left through the unlocked gate, you may choose to fight the trolls (they're really easy to visceral for extra blood vials) or just skip them altogether using the right path (there's an alley that goes to the left skipping the Trolls quite a bit), and then use the elevator (you need to unlock this one first tho), go to the bridge, get past it, and head to him.
Yeah this is the one I've been using the entire time.

I think the problem with me is that I'm way too concerned on getting more blood vials/bullets so I feel like killing at leas 2 or 3 enemies to get some more. Problem is when you attack one, you gotta attack all after that point.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Yeah this is the one I've been using the entire time.

I think the problem with me is that I'm way too concerned on getting more blood vials/bullets so I feel like killing at leas 2 or 3 enemies to get some more. Problem is when you attack one, you gotta attack all after that point.

If it's any consolation, the game gets easier IMO after Gascoigne and later on you'll be better off buying blood vials then actually farming for it and they won't be an issue :)

Just keep at it! The first time I beat him all by myself I actually shivered in delight, hahaha.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCk

Way to father g should be a 2 minute sprint from lantern max. The one door/gate (shortcut) should be open by now (left to the starting lantern).

Oct 28, 2017
I keep getting disconnected upon loading a character too. I guess the servers are having trouble with the influx of new players.