• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying it so far. Substituting a shield for a pistol is a welcome change and the transforming melee weapon is so badass. It makes for a cool combat dynamic.

I've lost a lot of blood echoes on 2 occasions though. First time, I went to reclaim them near a big brute with a saw but couldn't find them? and consequently died again. The second time, admittedly was funny: went down into these sewers, defeated a couple patrol monsters while knocking the other down accidentally in with the giant rats. Before I could make my way down the ladders into the muck, a rat leaps at me while I'm still climbing down and before I knew it I'm getting swarmed, so I end running to the far end being chased by an army of sewer mutants and I end up falling to my extremely repugnant death. Drew parallels with Snake's escape from Groznyj Grad haha.
giphy.gif
Enemies can pick up your blood echoes, it doesn't always happen. But if there's no stain an enemy nearby with a white glow in their eyes has them.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Can anyone recommend any really good lore videos on this game?
Saw a pretty great one by PariahdigmShift, but it appears he stopped at only a couple.

I'm still salty that EpicNameBro never dedicated even a fraction of the time doing any BB lore vids as he has with Dark Souls. Love his work for that game, but man... BB has such insanely thick detail to its lore.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
BUT I NEED THE VALIDATION DAMMIT lol

Funnily enough, I just returned to the game after June 2016, and being rusty and cocky isn't really a good combo. I was nearly killed by the bonfire mob on NG+2 while I was carrying ~400k echoes. =D

EDIT:
Saw a pretty great one by PariahdigmShift, but it appears he stopped at only a couple.

I'm still salty that EpicNameBro never dedicated even a fraction of the time doing any BB lore vids as he has with Dark Souls. Love his work for that game, but man... BB has such insanely thick detail to its lore.

VaatiVidya is a good one for the lore.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, was trying that with the guy too. Just need to get the timing right.

Ah. Once you get it, they're a joke.

You can do it! Woo! Etc.

I'm still salty that EpicNameBro never dedicated even a fraction of the time doing any BB lore vids as he has with Dark Souls.

I could be way off, but I recall reading he had an issue with all the
baby/stillbirth
allusions due to a (at the time) recent personal issue.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my take is that the first half of DS3 is easier than Bloodborne. The last half of DS3 is either on par or tougher than Bloodborne.
Id say only the dlc of ds3 is on par with the dlc of bloodborne. Other than that I found Ds3 the easiest of the soulsborne games. So much so it's still the only one I managed to complete a level 1 run on.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What do Bloodtinge and Arcane do?

Bloodtinge raises the level of weapons that scales with it (like the Chikage), and also the damage of pistols.

Arcane does raise the level of weapons that scales with it and also the damage of hunter tools (basically the magic of this game). It also raises discovery rate.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Here's a hundred page dissertation on the lore of Bloodborne by RedGrave
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit

This is probably the most in-depth someone has ever dived into regarding Bloodborne's lore

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing a little more and damn, parrying really is so damn satisfying. I'm actually starting to enjoy the combat pretty fast. Not to mention there's a lot of great close call moments with some hordes especially
after I tripped off a ledge and fell into the rats.

But of course, there's always that one rifleman that's gotta the fuck it all up.

Oct 30, 2017
Debating starting a new character or jumping back into my NG+ character. Currently stuck at Rom though. I tried to co-op it a month or so ago and couldn't get anywhere.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Wow. This first boss fight is more dramatic than any boss fight I experienced in DS3, other than the final boss of course.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. This first boss fight is more dramatic than any boss fight I experienced in DS3, other than the final boss of course.

Oh you have no idea! The music in this game really shines though. It's a full head above DS3 imo and makes the bosses feel way more intimidating as a result. Don't forget to buy the dlc of you haven't!

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Oh you have no idea! The music in this game really shines though. It's a full head above DS3 imo and makes the bosses feel way more intimidating as a result. Don't forget to buy the dlc of you haven't!

Yeah, the music really came through much better than anything in DS3. Granted I've only fought one boss so far.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the music really came through much better than anything in DS3. Granted I've only fought one boss so far.

Depending on how you're playing, you may or may not have heard the track that woke me up to the kind of game this would be.

And on a side note, me and my boys all finished up the "final" DLC boss week before last. NG+, none of us had finished the DLC prior to that.

The tension got hot there a few times. I love how this game does that to you.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
So, I'm new to ResetEra, but I'm confused why this is isn't in the Hangouts section?
For the new people who are getting the game free through PS+ today.

Correct, the site didn't have a dedicated BB OT because the original launch was years ago, so a new OT was created to help out all the newbies jumping into the game for the first time since it now free via PS+. It will, most likely, be moved to the hangouts sections after a couple weeks, like all other new OTs.

Oct 25, 2017
Outside Perth Scotland
The fuck? Man I can't wait to start a new invadey playthrough. I don't think I ever successfully invaded in Hemwick.

Twice. I couldn't believe it. I just looked at the guy with his silly Hammer and swatted him with my gloves.

I'm new to online, so sorry for noob question, but I need to know- why is this weird for you? You can't invade everywhere or what?

There's various areas you can invade it's just rare. I'd expect to see invaders in old Yarnham but not Hemwick

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Depending on how you're playing, you may or may not have heard the track that woke me up to the kind of game this would be.

And on a side note, me and my boys all finished up the "final" DLC boss week before last. NG+, none of us had finished the DLC prior to that.

The tension got hot there a few times. I love how this game does that to you.

Yeah it honestly changed my opinion of the game quite quickly. I was getting pissed off from how underpowered I felt, but the boss fight is feeling like a joy and freaking ridiculous.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I want to start up a new run, especially as I have the DLC and didn't even touch it, but I remember just being fucking frustratingly bad the first time I played this and I'm skeptical I will do any better. The farthest I've made it is that snake-filled forest area. I actually got to the point where I was actively avoiding Bloodborne threads because of how common it was to see posts like "oh that boss isn't hard, I beat it my first time" after I spent like a whole weekend raging at Vicar Amelia. If you the kind of dude who tells people who are having a hard time with Bloodborne that it's actually really easy then I hope you have diarrhea all the time.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I want to start up a new run, especially as I have the DLC and didn't even touch it, but I remember just being fucking frustratingly bad the first time I played this and I'm skeptical I will do any better. The farthest I've made it is that snake-filled forest area. I actually got to the point where I was actively avoiding Bloodborne threads because of how common it was to see posts like "oh that boss isn't hard, I beat it my first time" after I spent like a whole weekend raging at Vicar Amelia. If you the kind of dude who tells people who are having a hard time with Bloodborne that it's actually really easy then I hope you have diarrhea all the time.
I ended up summoning partners for almost all bosses and I don't feel bad about it. Enjoyed the entire ride. I will be doing the same on my second playthrough.

robosllim

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
The forest is, in my opinion, the worst area. Whenever I get there on a new run I usually procrastinate before going through it.

And a common thing I see with BB (and a little less with DS) is that no one can agree on which bosses are easy or hard. I thought the final boss of the DLC was relatively simple, but the first DLC boss is always a huge hurdle for me.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Debating starting a new character or jumping back into my NG+ character. Currently stuck at Rom though. I tried to co-op it a month or so ago and couldn't get anywhere.

Bring the tonitrus. Clear whatever adds are in your way and just get in there and start whacking Rom in the flanks. When the ice meteor attack comes, dodge toward the boss and they'll all miss.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Ludwig in NG+ is possibly my favorite boss fight of all time.

Also I actually died once to the living failures but beat Maria in my first try lol

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
I have a friend that's playing through Bloodborne right now and he's absolutely loving it. Dark Souls 1 is one of his top 10 games of all time, and it seems like Bloodborne might even top that. He told me FG took him about 20 tries

robosllim

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
I have a friend that's playing through Bloodborne right now and he's absolutely loving it. Dark Souls 1 is one of his top 10 games of all time, and it seems like Bloodborne might even top that. He told me FG took him about 20 tries
BB was my first Souls game and yeah, Gascoigne destroyed me when I first met him. DS3 was my second Souls game, and when I beat Gundyr on my second try (just had to get my Dark Souls legs) and Vordt on my first try, I knew it was a totally different game.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Thank you for this. I am needing this. I am stuck on
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
. I think I need to level up my strength so I can do more damage to him.

halvvapoori

Oct 25, 2017
Amsterdam
This game is downloading for me right now, but I'll probably start playing it after I finish R&C

I have never played a souls game before tho and I don't know if I'm ready
70nC6Do.gif

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what build I want to focus on this go round. I've only ever tried Strength focused with Ludwig's Holy Blade.