• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can you level up and be OP in this game, or does it limit/scale you as you progress through the story?

Not really IMO. Disminishing returns are a thing in this game, and affects all parameters. For example, STR have a first softcap at 25, and second at 50. Different stats have different softcaps but you get the idea.

Also, defense stat (raised with whatever parameter you level up) completely stops at BL 143 (OR 141, can't remember exactly lol).

So no, at endgame you can't just overlevel stuff, because it doesn't make much difference. You can do OP in mid-game if you get enough stones to level up the weapon further than usual.

Anyone have any tips for the second phase of Orphan of Kos. I can visceral the hell out of his first phase, and get to the second with nearly all my blood vials intact. But in his second phase he just goes berserk, and I barley have time to breath, let alone heal or attack him.

Edit: My main weapon is Ludwig's Holy Blade. I also use Simmon's Bow Blade.

Visceral is a no-go for second phase, but you can still do backstabs with some attacks (after hit slam combo or after some jumps). But honestly there's no much tips you can use other than learn his patterns and be on-point with the dodges.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have a bet with my father that if he finishes the game he gets 100€.

He just send me: "How do I defeat the first wolf?"

This will be fun.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
And man. The first area is intimidating as fuck. Don't give it up. Try again and again. The game pretty much teaches you the mechanics on the first area.

once you pass through the two warewolves, consider yourself ready. Or sort of.

I think I'll be fine...

I will probably end up begging for help. Nah don't worry! I'll keep at it ;)

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but the saw cleaver does extra damage to beasts, meaning all the bosses up to Amelia should be easier with it.

Yup. All weapons are viable options and I personally recommend going with what you like most but saw cleaver with fire/bolt paper is the most powerful option for the first half of the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Got invaded in Hemwick

giphy.gif

The fuck? Man I can't wait to start a new invadey playthrough. I don't think I ever successfully invaded in Hemwick.

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up going with the Luminoodle on Amazon,
https://www.amazon.com/Luminoodle-Color-Bias-Lighting-Backlight/dp/B01LG99NXI?th=1&psc=1

You dont get to chose exactly the color you want, but there is enough presets on the strip that you really don't need one honestly. I had enough light blues, blues, dark blues, etc. to choose from for example. You also get preset light motions like strobe(why?), quick fade into next color, and slow fade into the next color. I keep mine on the slow fade to the next color cause I think it's cool to see all of them. The other cool thing about the strip is it's powered by USB, so if you use the USB on the tv, then the strip will power on and off with the tv. I have the Samsung KS8500 (curved one) 55" and with the large strip it was able to easily cover 3/4 of the tv near the edges. It wasn't long enough to cover the bottom side of the tv, but I got a sound bar covering that, so that didn't bother me. Super easy to install (pulling the big tv away from wall was harder lol) and it's cheaper then you'd imagine. Everyone seems to love it when seen as well. It does help with eye strain some as well, but I keep a side light on at night for dimness just in case (i get migraines from eye strain). Hope this helped explain it! It is really awesome!

That is really neat. Thanks for the info and the link, I'm going to order one!

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Central Yharnam is a tough intro for new players but Bloodborne suited my playstyle so that helped. I'm waiting for DSII and DS3 to go on sale sometime because I got through DS1 and loved it though Bloodborne is my favorite. What's a cool build to try out for a new character? I did your standard strength, vit, and const but that stopped me from using some of the more interesting weapons based off of arcane, agility, or bloodtinge. I'm thinking agility this time around but arcane is kinda speaking to me.

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Time for me to get back into this after dropping it after beating the Blood Starved Beast. Wasn't a knock on the game, just had other things that distracted me. Think I'll start a new game as it's been a while.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Central Yharnam is a tough intro for new players but Bloodborne suited my playstyle so that helped. I'm waiting for DSII and DS3 to go on sale sometime because I got through DS1 and loved it though Bloodborne is my favorite. What's a cool build to try out for a new character? I did your standard strength, vit, and const but that stopped me from using some of the more interesting weapons based off of arcane, agility, or bloodtinge. I'm thinking agility this time around but arcane is kinda speaking to me.

Here's a nifty and seemingly comprehensive guide to Arcane builds.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone paying attention to trophy data as Bloodborne gets an influx of new players this week?

The Platinum Trophy has a 7.3% attainment rate as of this morning.

robosllim

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Oh, I'd love to do that as well. Can you give any pointers to specific Glyph codes? I've been meaning to get Beasthunter Saif and some other remaining ones to +10.
I use "jemmjmpi" for chunks. All you need to kill is just a brainsucker guarding the lever, then the brainsucker boss. I get two chunks almost every time and it only take a couple minutes.
As for rocks, apparently you can only get one per glyph? I can't remember which code I used off the top of my head, but you should be able to google for some good ones.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to online, so sorry for noob question, but I need to know- why is this weird for you? You can't invade everywhere or what?

It's not a place that invasions usually occur, like there are about 2 maybe 3 places you expect to be invaded. But not Hemwick of all places. This is good news tho, this may mean that more invasions are going to happen out side of the usual places.

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying it so far. Substituting a shield for a pistol is a welcome change and the transforming melee weapon is so badass. It makes for a cool combat dynamic.

I've lost a lot of blood echoes on 2 occasions though. First time, I went to reclaim them near a big brute with a saw but couldn't find them? and consequently died again. The second time, admittedly was funny: went down into these sewers, defeated a couple patrol monsters while knocking the other down accidentally in with the giant rats. Before I could make my way down the ladders into the muck, a rat leaps at me while I'm still climbing down and before I knew it I'm getting swarmed, so I end running to the far end being chased by an army of sewer mutants and I end up falling to my extremely repugnant death. Drew parallels with Snake's escape from Groznyj Grad haha.
giphy.gif

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I use "jemmjmpi" for chunks. All you need to kill is just a brainsucker guarding the lever, then the brainsucker boss. I get two chunks almost every time and it only take a couple minutes.
As for rocks, apparently you can only get one per glyph? I can't remember which code I used off the top of my head, but you should be able to google for some good ones.

Thanks for the tips. =)

On a side note, I just moved on to NG+2 and cleared Central Yharnam aside from the bosses. I'm getting back to the groove again.

On summoning NPCs in the first area...
I stumbled onto Gascoigne's summon sigil, and I recall there was a way to fight Cleric Beast with him and Eileen by your side, which I've never done before. The only question is, where can I summon Eileen?

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna get home to join you all already. I started a new character Yougee Elwhy last night and I'm hankering for some invasions.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Enjoying it so far. Substituting a shield for a pistol is a welcome change and the transforming melee weapon is so badass. It makes for a cool combat dynamic.

I've lost a lot of blood echoes on 2 occasions though. First time, I went to reclaim them near a big brute with a saw but couldn't find them? and consequently died again. The second time, admittedly was funny: went down into these sewers, defeated a couple patrol monsters while knocking the other down accidentally in with the giant rats. Before I could make my way down the ladders into the muck, a rat leaps at me while I'm still climbing down and before I knew it I'm getting swarmed, so I end running to the far end being chased by an army of sewer mutants and I end up falling to my extremely repugnant death. Drew parallels with Snake's escape from Groznyj Grad haha.
giphy.gif

In this game if an enemy kills you then you have to kill them to reclaim your echoes. You'll know which enemy has them by looking to see if they have glowing eyes.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the tips. =)

On a side note, I just moved on to NG+2 and cleared Central Yharnam aside from the bosses. I'm getting back to the groove again.

On summoning NPCs in the first area...
I stumbled onto Gascoigne's summon sigil, and I recall there was a way to fight Cleric Beast with him and Eileen by your side, which I've never done before. The only question is, where can I summon Eileen?

You can't for that boss.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna start my third playthrough with the cane.

Will try to play it with a friend in co-op as much as possible.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lost 170,000 Blood Echoes to those goddamn Whale Sharks down the well in the Fishing Hamlet. I actually missed the well the first time through so I wanted to check it out. It's hard with one of them, but manageable. When the second one comes? Fuck me. And I still have to beat Orphan of Kos. It's the last thing I need to do to be able to say I conquered all bosses.

Nov 13, 2017
I lost 170,000 Blood Echoes to those goddamn Whale Sharks down the well in the Fishing Hamlet. I actually missed the well the first time through so I wanted to check it out. It's hard with one of them, but manageable. When the second one comes? Fuck me. And I still have to beat Orphan of Kos. It's the last thing I need to do to be able to say I conquered all bosses.

Use a Shaman Bone Blade on the one without the anchor.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My first 45 minutes of Bloodborne

- Spend 20 minutes customizing the character of course.

- Get killed by the wolf. Aight, to be expected on my first go-around.

- Get my weapons from Hunter's Dream. Kill the wolf on the second try. Nice.

- Go around Central Yarham killing some thugs. This is pretty good so far.

- Encounter the fat dude with the cleaver. Died.

- Go back to the fat dude with the cleaver. Died again.

- Face the same fat dude with the cleaver again. Died again.

- One more time. Died again.

rPNCqww.jpg

I understand now.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

rPNCqww.jpg

I understand now.

Fat dudes are great for getting the hang of parries.

Just sayin.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Yep.Thats her as an enemy aggroed and dragged there.

It would have been epic though. ;)

rPNCqww.jpg

I understand now.

Wanna know a secret?

The cleaver guy is there just to troll you. There's no point in trying to beat him, as it's just a dead end.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017